[BUG] A RACE TO ARMS (Bound By Blood Story Mission) DC at ending

While playing the final story mission "A Race To Arms" on my third character, i got disconnected at the ending: where everyone meets and talks around the bonfire.Thinking this was just some regular error, i tried again... and again.. and again...

My first two characters had no problems completing the story, but i can't seem to get beyond the bonfire scene and get credit for the story mission.These disconnects happened on different days, at different hours, but always at the bonfire. The character i can not complete it with is Asuran male.The disconnect has happened six times, so for now i gave up on the story on this particular character.

Hope you can sort out what kind of problem this is!Good luck and thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I got disconnected once, but succeeded on the second try due to some experimention. I may have a solution:

I remember an issue with this kind of dialogue-cutscene back in PoF, when you had to listen to Joko and would end up getting kicked out and having to repeat the entire fight with Balthazar over again.

My solution was I went to the very back of the enclosed instance, away from the group, and allowed the interaction to play out from there. I teased the "out of bounds" message, dancing back and forth as the interactions played out, and as soon as we reassure Rytlock about his son it gave me the chapter credit. Try this out, see if it works for you!

• 2 weeks later...

@"WillowFae.9528" said:I got disconnected once, but succeeded on the second try due to some experimention. I may have a solution:

I remember an issue with this kind of dialogue-cutscene back in PoF, when you had to listen to Joko and would end up getting kicked out and having to repeat the entire fight with Balthazar over again.

My solution was I went to the very back of the enclosed instance, away from the group, and allowed the interaction to play out from there. I teased the "out of bounds" message, dancing back and forth as the interactions played out, and as soon as we reassure Rytlock about his son it gave me the chapter credit. Try this out, see if it works for you!

I got disconnected 3 times before. After doing this, the credits finally popped. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

@"WillowFae.9528" said:I got disconnected once, but succeeded on the second try due to some experimention. I may have a solution:

I kept getting disconnected and after my 2nd try I did this and it worked. Thank you for your suggestion.

• 8 months later...

yep, moving around  using skills far as possible away from group during dialogue bit at end for some reason still works for this bug in dec 2021! First run got kicked out, googled if this was a known bug and yep it is, still hasn't been fixed. Completely shut down game and reloaded it and tried a 2nd run didn't chance it and just used old PoF player fix.

Edited by Kelly.7019

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 12:25 AM, WillowFae.9528 said:

I got disconnected once, but succeeded on the second try due to some experimention. I may have a solution:

January 2022... and I kept getting kicked..!!

After 3 times I found this thread, THANK YOU!! Your fix helped. Continuous cast 1 and edged the instance boarder. 
Cheers