Transcendent Tempest : Is it bugged?

When I read the tooltip I see " Increase outgoing power damage and condition damage by 7 % after completing an overload. Reduced the time to attain a singularity by 33%"

So what it means to me is : the time to get an overload ready is reduced by 33%. So ... the delay to be able to overload is 5 sec.

If we do the math 5 *66/100 = 3.3 sec (seems great to me)

BUT (I wouldn't have made that post if there was no "BUT") when I equip this trait and switch to another attunement, the cd showed on the same attunement is 4.5 sec and not 3.3s

Can someone confirm / refute that? And if devs have a word on this ?

Thanks !

@"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:When I read the tooltip I see " Increase outgoing power damage and condition damage by 7 % after completing an overload. Reduced the time to attain a singularity by 33%"

So what it means to me is : the time to get an overload ready is reduced by 33%. So ... the cooldown for overloads is 5 sec.

BUT (I wouldn't have made that post if there was no "BUT") when I equip this trait and switch to another attunement, the cd showed on the same attunement is 4.5 sec and not 3.3s

Thanks !

That's the Attunement cooldown, not Overload cooldown. Overload cooldown is 20 seconds.

Don't worry, they will fix it in the next patch I'm sure.Transcendent Tempest: Updated description and tooltips to accurately reflect the functionality of this trait. Singularity delay reduction is now listed as 10%.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:When I read the tooltip I see " Increase outgoing power damage and condition damage by 7 % after completing an overload. Reduced the time to attain a singularity by 33%"

So what it means to me is : the time to get an overload ready is reduced by 33%. So ... the cooldown for overloads is 5 sec.

Thanks !

That's the Attunement cooldown, not Overload cooldown. Overload cooldown is 20 seconds.

5 seconds is the singularity cooldown, which this trait is supposed to reduce by 33%. Singularity cooldown triggers as soon as you swap into the element that you want to overload.

You guys serious ? XD I mean ... you know what I was talking about ... it's still these 5 seconds before Overload is available . the fact I called it "overload CD" is what annoys you?

@Ganathar.4956 at least you made an intro to your message about the real issue ! thanks !

To me : the 20 sec are the attunement CD after overloading ... not the overload CD itself since you can't swap to that attunement again after getting out of it . but whatever ... that's not the problem here.

the fact is the time to get the overload available after swapping isn't of 3.3 sec with the trait equip... and eveyrone that would have read my post would have understood what I was talking about XD

@"Nath Forge Tempete.1645" said:the fact is the time to get the overload available after swapping isn't of 3.3 sec with the trait equip... and eveyrone that would have read my post would have understood what I was talking about XD

I misunderstood the word "singularity". I always thought that referred to the Overload itself, not the period you need to wait before being able to use it. It's a weird word to use for an absence of a mechanic.

You guys serious ? XD I mean ... you know what I was talking about ... it's still these 5 seconds before Overload is available . the fact I called it "overload CD" is what annoys you?

@Ganathar.4956 at least you made an intro to your message about the real issue ! thanks !

To me : the 20 sec are the attunement CD after overloading ... not the overload CD itself since you can't swap to that attunement again after getting out of it . but whatever ... that's not the problem here.

the fact is the time to get the overload available after swapping isn't of 3.3 sec with the trait equip... and eveyrone that would have read my post would have understood what I was talking about XD

I know what the singularity is. I was trying to explain it to Yannir. I just didn't want to make 2 posts back to back. Basically the 2nd part of the post was not directed at the OP.

I know what the singularity is. I was trying to explain it to Yannir. I just didn't want to make 2 posts back to back. Basically the 2nd part of the post was not directed at the OP.

My bad then ! My deepest apologies

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:I'd rather have a -33% or even -20% on overloads CD rahter than singularity which is useless for all tempest builds except fresh-air.But hey "Now it's 4.5 rather than 6sec (yep it's not -33%) still 4.5sec cast, no range, nor stab, quickness in minor trait, what a great GM trait"

I really don't know why they love fresh air so much. Are they trying to make a braindead ele dps build by making it so that you only spam air overload and use no other skills at all?

@Ganathar.4956 said:

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:I'd rather have a -33% or even -20% on overloads CD rahter than singularity which is useless for all tempest builds except fresh-air.But hey "Now it's 4.5 rather than 6sec (yep it's not -33%) still 4.5sec cast, no range, nor stab, quickness in minor trait, what a great GM trait"

I really don't know why they love fresh air so much. Are they trying to make a braindead ele dps build by making it so that you only spam air overload and use no other skills at all?

You mean builds like water camping staff and fire camping sc/w are supposed to be the peak builds of tempest? FA is the only build that actually requires some rotation knowledge. Tempest itself has no complex play style due to 50% of the time you'll be spending in overloading/spamming autos. No other build uses conjured weapons and they are the only thing that increases the "skill level" of tempest.

@steki.1478 said:

You mean builds like water camping staff and fire camping sc/w are supposed to be the peak builds of tempest? FA is the only build that actually requires some rotation knowledge. Tempest itself has no complex play style due to 50% of the time you'll be spending in overloading/spamming autos. No other build uses conjured weapons and they are the only thing that increases the "skill level" of tempest.

It does require some rotational knowledge right now, but the more spammable they make air overload, the more simple the build becomes. This is a step towards increasing air overload spam.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

Frwah air is an awful build that encourages1 shot macros. 1 shot bursts are allways a terrible thing for pvp.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

It does require some rotational knowledge right now, but the more spammable they make air overload, the more simple the build becomes. This is a step towards increasing air overload spam.

Not really. The earliest HoT power builds (both FA and BttH) included only fire and air attunements. Right now all of them are used in power build so the rotation is not getting simpler.