Build/tips for a leveling friend :D

Speedylord.2798

So I have a friend who is trying out the game recently and he's new to everything guild wars :D.I explained to him all the general stuff off the game, and he asked me for help regarding his build (he's free to play so he can only play core guardian for the forseeable future in terms of specializations) and his gear and how to play Guardian in general (as he doesn't really understand yet how different skills work nicely together and all that).I haven't used my own guardian a lot tbh, I main Soulbeast/druid so I thought I would ask for advice for him coming from players who have way more experience with guardian than I have:). If you have any tips or a build you want to share, please do so:D.

Thx in advance!!

For core guard, the best training build is the classic Medi Guardian. Zeal, Radiance, Valor, Berserker gear with Soldiers Earrings, and Firework Runes (travelers runes if on a budget). The 25% movement speed is a huge deal since Guards have limited swiftness access. The Soldiers is to pad your HP a bit so you aren't total glass.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAEx7lFw8YTsPGJOyL/HVA-zVQYRUzdKBhdINJCiQKUhCQxDA-w

The general concept here is that Monks focus gives you easy access to minor heals and fury, and the Valor line and Meditation skill gives you sufficient condition cleansing. You get cleanse on Heal, Cleanse in Smite Condition, Big cleanse and stunbreak on Contemplation of Purity. Bane Signet is a hard CC, but can be replaced by whatever is useful. Shelter is the recommended healing, since the Blocking feature is very powerful in a lot of different situations. Litany of Wrath is for advanced players using Retaliation as a weapon, since it tries to take hits and hopes to outheal it. It works in conjunction with Light Aura from F1 to get retaliation uptime.

Greatsword is your main burst weapon. The second weapon set you adapt to whatever situation you're in. I listed Sw/Sh mostly because thats what I end up using for metas and champ fights (that bubble is versatile). You still want to carry a Scepter for fights that require range, and Focus for more personal damage; and swap between them as needed.

The zerks gear set is easily ported to DragonHunter and Power DPS Firebrand once he gets expansions. Once proficient at combat, he can try to move to the Virtues builds for Fractals, Raids, OW for more damage at the cost of the condition control. Medi Guards are a very stable Solo build though.... so theres very little reason to run the meta DPS builds in open world other then practice.

Just recently leveled my guardian the old fashion way (no crafting, no tomes, etc) Until I got my elite specs I ran a variant of the radiant GS from meta battle (GS-sceptor/focus) If farming events I swapped sceptor for a staff. Don't waste money on gear until you get to level 80. Just put on what you drop focusing power/precision stats. Put any jewels or sigils you might find. My build looked a little like this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAEt3lJwmYIMM2IO0KZpVA-e

You can also swap honor for virtues and get permeating wrath if you don't need the extra survivability of honor.

@"starlinvf.1358" said:For core guard, the best training build is the classic Medi Guardian. Zeal, Radiance, Valor, Berserker gear with Soldiers Earrings, and Firework Runes (travelers runes if on a budget). The 25% movement speed is a huge deal since Guards have limited swiftness access. The Soldiers is to pad your HP a bit so you aren't total glass.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAEx7lFw8YTsPGJOyL/HVA-zVQYRUzdKBhdINJCiQKUhCQxDA-w

The general concept here is that Monks focus gives you easy access to minor heals and fury, and the Valor line and Meditation skill gives you sufficient condition cleansing. You get cleanse on Heal, Cleanse in Smite Condition, Big cleanse and stunbreak on Contemplation of Purity. Bane Signet is a hard CC, but can be replaced by whatever is useful. Shelter is the recommended healing, since the Blocking feature is very powerful in a lot of different situations. Litany of Wrath is for advanced players using Retaliation as a weapon, since it tries to take hits and hopes to outheal it. It works in conjunction with Light Aura from F1 to get retaliation uptime.

Greatsword is your main burst weapon. The second weapon set you adapt to whatever situation you're in. I listed Sw/Sh mostly because thats what I end up using for metas and champ fights (that bubble is versatile). You still want to carry a Scepter for fights that require range, and Focus for more personal damage; and swap between them as needed.

The zerks gear set is easily ported to DragonHunter and Power DPS Firebrand once he gets expansions. Once proficient at combat, he can try to move to the Virtues builds for Fractals, Raids, OW for more damage at the cost of the condition control. Medi Guards are a very stable Solo build though.... so theres very little reason to run the meta DPS builds in open world other then practice.

Thank you very much for sharing the build and your good explanation, my friend will be very happy with this:D!!! It's also nice to see he can use most of his gear for his especs when he gets the expansion:)! Thank you again for all the tips you've provided! I'll share it with my buddy!

@"Bassdeff.1895" said:Just recently leveled my guardian the old fashion way (no crafting, no tomes, etc) Until I got my elite specs I ran a variant of the radiant GS from meta battle (GS-sceptor/focus) If farming events I swapped sceptor for a staff. Don't waste money on gear until you get to level 80. Just put on what you drop focusing power/precision stats. Put any jewels or sigils you might find. My build looked a little like this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWwAEt3lJwmYIMM2IO0KZpVA-e

You can also swap honor for virtues and get permeating wrath if you don't need the extra survivability of honor.

Thank you as well for sharing your build, I'll make sure to share it with my friend:D! I think this will help my friend a lot!!