halloween 2019 is here! (Oct 15)

Halloween will soon be upon us again, October 15th!.

Apart from the common bugs like the Mad King being invisible during the first round of 'says', I think anet showed they can deliver big patches again.Although i'll keep the bar low for now, can only be surprised, you know.

I just hope that we finally get the shackles for the legs this year. Given how often they've been requested since the arm-shackles came out a few years back.

Anyone else got any hopes or expectations?I'm mostly looking forward to grinding the clocktower again. For an annoying jumping puzzle, it's highly entertaining :D

So from the trailer we can tell there won't be any content updates, or story advancements. No new armour or weapon skins are displayed, no new mounts.That doesn't mean there won't be anything new, but there nothing new shown in the trailer.slightly worrisome

@Gop.8713 said:I hope they revert the nerf to the beetle racing cheeves now that players have a year of beetle racing experience . . .

I hope that every time someone posts something about rewards, the first seventeen posts aren't about rng . . .

They probably won't undo nerfs, since that make other people angry. But they can (or should) add another tier of difficulty to it.A stricter timer for better rewards?

I just want something new and not too grindy. I found myself not enjoying the four winds one this year because there was virtually nothing to do even reward wise.

Halloween can be horribly grindy for minis, weapons, decorations etc. I’d like to see them return to their roots and maybe add story stuff in like the very first Halloween to counter that a bit.

GW2 does Halloween really well, but it could use a little freshening up

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I hope they revert the nerf to the beetle racing cheeves now that players have a year of beetle racing experience . . .

I hope that every time someone posts something about rewards, the first seventeen posts aren't about rng . . .

They probably won't undo nerfs, since that make other people angry. But they can (or should) add another tier of difficulty to it.A stricter timer for better rewards?

Yeah those were both jokes, neither of them has any chance of happening :p

@Randulf.7614 said:I just want something new and not too grindy. I found myself not enjoying the four winds one this year because there was virtually nothing to do even reward wise.

Halloween can be horribly grindy for minis, weapons, decorations etc. I’d like to see them return to their roots and maybe add story stuff in like the very first Halloween to counter that a bit.

I think it's okay for it to be grindy bc I think that's why a lot of ppl enjoy it. I can't bear the grinding so there's usually not much for me to do at Halloween, but players who enjoy sw or istan or df or w/e throughout the year absolutely love this festival. I think it's okay if not every festival caters to everyone, bc I think it's better when they each have their own feel . . .

I’m very excited for it this year. I’m weird with holidays where sometimes I’m really feeling it and I get excited all month, and play the versions in whatever games I have, etc, and sometimes I just don’t feel it at all and the day will pass with me hardly noticing (especially for smaller holidays, or ones not in any video game). This year, I’m REALLY feeling Halloween and I’m super excited. Already this week I’ve listened to dozens of creepy stories on YouTube and been thinking about what I want to work toward this year in guild wars.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I just want something new and not too grindy. I found myself not enjoying the four winds one this year because there was virtually nothing to do even reward wise.

I think it's okay for it to be grindy bc I think that's why a lot of ppl enjoy it. I can't bear the grinding so there's usually not much for me to do at Halloween, but players who enjoy sw or istan or df or w/e throughout the year absolutely love this festival. I think it's okay if not every festival caters to everyone, bc I think it's better when they each have their own feel . . .

You are right it is fine to have grind, I just sometimes feel it leans too much towards it for a festival. Other Halloween’s in games I’m aiming for the new stuff, in gw2 I’m still trying to get stuff from across multiple years and I end up with little to show for my time.

That’s why I want some new stuff - story, collections, instance etc - just to balance things out.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You are right it is fine to have grind, I just sometimes feel it leans too much towards it for a festival. Other Halloween’s in games I’m aiming for the new stuff, in gw2 I’m still trying to get stuff from across multiple years and I end up with little to show for my time.

That’s why I want some new stuff - story, collections, instance etc - just to balance things out.

The only things I can remember not being able to keep up with are the things that cost cobs, which I attribute to my unwillingness to get them via the lab or straight gold purchases. I'll confess I may not remember everything from a year ago though lol. What sorts of things were there that you are behind on . . ?

I want new spooky events.. dunno some grim reaper popping around starter maps... ghost/lost souls escaping from mad king kingdom appearing around... Possessed scarecrows... possibilities are endless. Ah I know! Mimics chests and haunted floating chairs/candles as enemies.

My main hope is that the seemingly inevitable expensive Halloween mini costs less than 50 candy corn cobs. Halloween used to be my favourite GW festival, but ever since Halloween 2014 introduced the Mini Gwynefyrdd (followed by Oxidecimus and Lord Humphrey Faren) for me it's been mostly about trying to get enough gold/candy corn to afford the one mini. It was a nice surprise last year when Svelicht the Fog Raven 'only' cost 40,000 candy corn and I'm hoping they'll continue that this year.

I'd also like to see the Bloody Prince story return and/or get a new activity, but mostly I'm ok with festivals repeating the same stuff because it's nice to know what to expect and what will be available (more so with Wintersday because that's a very busy time of year for me).