Mad King's Labyrinth Instance Population Increase?

Digger.8659

I think, that map is way too small for 50 players. Imagine trying to tag something in a farm train of that many people. If you are not in the front, mobs would die before you get to them. It happens a lot even now.Give commanders the ability to limit their squads to 25, instead. That should work much better. If it is possible at all, that is.

@MikeG.6389 said:I think, that map is way too small for 50 players. Imagine trying to tag something in a farm train of that many people. If you are not in the front, mobs would die before you get to them. It happens a lot even now.Give commanders the ability to limit their squads to 25, instead. That should work much better. If it is possible at all, that is.

Agreed. I think it would make more sense to limit the size of a squad to the maximum allowed on the map, rather than increasing the number of people who can get in.

I also like the idea of squads being able to set up their own copy of the map, like strike missions. That would solve the reoccuring problem of farming squads (especially those with strict rules) coming into conflict with people who just want to play solo or in small groups, or who haven't been here for Halloween before and don't know some people have rules for the entire map.

When the groups reach a certain member-count, it is already very difficult for the ones in the behind-spots to tag the mobs, thanks to our beloved power-creep. Everyone agrees that the power-creep is bad for us, but whenever ANet tries to lower it, people complain "NOT MY CLASS!" A proper solution would be to make the NPCs inside the Labyrinth scale with the number of players on the map. But some people want to explore or just run on their own. It is not fun getting butchered by trash mobs.

The simplest solution is to limit the amount of players on a map. It works, you just need several commanders. On the other hand, the mechanics inside the Labyrinth are so brain-afk, you only need one guy running ahead with a tag, who knows the "farm path." Last year, the dedicated farmers skipped the bosses anyway.

Leave the map size as it is or lower it even more.