Holosmith's range

ceces.9368

When using double pistols, switching to holo stance can feel a bit awkward. When attacking from about 800ish range with pistols then swaping to Engage Photon Forge, you have this awkward gap in needing to close in to get in range for your Photon Blitz and Crystal Configuration: Storm. Does anyone else feel this, or is it just me?

Could they maybe buff the range to 900 yards with the Crystal Configuration: storm trait for auto attack and Photon Blitz to 900 to make it feel less awkward?

I agree with ceces statement, if you are going to run p/p condi holosmith its inconvenient to have this 600 range in Photo Forge skill 4. Range classes are best performed at max range to stay safe from inflicting damage and by habit using p/p at max range then having to swap to Photo Forge its a habit to use skill 4 right away for max burst condi dmg. Skill 4 should be 900 range

When I first heard of the Holosmith I thought the weapons you we're currently using we're modified to light weapons so they became more powerful avatars of what you we're currently using, ie, rifle became a holo rifle and had + dmg bonuses and kept the range, same as P/P so having the whole holosmith made into a melee character and self destructive, is well for masochists.

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:What about poor Rifle with 1200 range? Seriously though, where do you draw the line? If you are running pistol you are at some point getting close to use Blow Torch no matter what. I just don't see an issue here. The point of this trait is to be able to kite and avoid melee damage, and it does that well.

When do you stand off at 1200 range with rifle? Most of your damage is on 3, 4, and 5; none of those even matches the pistol for range, and two of them are most effective at melee range.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:What about poor Rifle with 1200 range? Seriously though, where do you draw the line? If you are running pistol you are at some point getting close to use Blow Torch no matter what. I just don't see an issue here. The point of this trait is to be able to kite and avoid melee damage, and it does that well.

When do you stand off at 1200 range with rifle? Most of your damage is on 3, 4, and 5; none of those even matches the pistol for range, and two of them are most effective at melee range.

Which kind of is exactly my point, no? When do you ever stand off as Pistol/Pistol with Blow Torch as your best skill? Asking for a range increase on sets that already are maximized at melee or near-melee range isn't going to fly.

You draw the line at the pistol because it is the shortest ranged weapon. Also conveniently the range of grenades. 900 for pistol, 1200 to also match rifle is nice but not necessary IMO.

It doesn't make sense that we could trait PF to have a ranged auto attack but it wouldn't be as long as any ranged weapon we could equip.

@Julius Seizure.4985 said:

Which kind of is exactly my point, no? When do you ever stand off as Pistol/Pistol with Blow Torch as your best skill? Asking for a range increase on sets that already are maximized at melee or near-melee range isn't going to fly.

True. I really wish they'd give the Engineer a range based weapon or kit that's useful in PvP. It's frustrating to lack that option when the two greatest threats all but require that to counter effectively.

Archived