Load Times

Not sure what prices you saw, but any SSD will do. It really doesn't matter what vendor/model since they all read data blazingly fast. A 120GB where you can put your actively played game on costs around 50€. And it will change things dramatically.

Idk what they've done but my loading times improved noticeably. The downside of it is that I often can already play when the map hasn't loaded in properly, resultin in a stuck camera fow afew seconds, bnumping into things, looking into the abyss, because even the ground has not loaded in. I still take the shorter loading times over this short annoyance.

@Adenin.5973 said:The downside of it is that I often can already play when the map hasn't loaded in properly, resultin in a stuck camera fow afew seconds, bnumping into things, looking into the abyss, because even the ground has not loaded in.

I forgot, but I noticed this too. I find myself loading it to seeing weird shaped ground and forgetting where I waypointed to, only to have all the buildings and stuff pop in. I guess it still takes a similar about of time to load, but I get to see the end of it or something.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:I have noticed mine slower since PoF as well, even for non PoF maps. I'm still saving for that 1TB SSD.

Why do you need a 1TB SSD drive? I have Win10, GW2, Office, Photoshop and several other apps I use regularly on a 250GB SSD. The content that needs lots of storage - photos, music, video - I store on a second 2TB HD.

Local.dat can bloat over time, which increases your load times. Try deleting it (%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat and/or Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat), which will cause some hardware-related settings to reset.

Turn down the model limit/quality. Loading into a zerg is going to be a problem.

If you have a high latency or packet loss, it can cause an infinite loading screen.

Use -maploadinfo fore more info.

@costepj.5120 said:

@killermanjaro.5670 said:I have noticed mine slower since PoF as well, even for non PoF maps. I'm still saving for that 1TB SSD.

Why do you need a 1TB SSD drive? I have Win10, GW2, Office, Photoshop and several other apps I use regularly on a 250GB SSD. The content that needs lots of storage - photos, music, video - I store on a second 2TB HD.

It's not so much need, more want lol. I could just get a second small SSD for the game, or just change my main SSD for a bigger one to fit this game on. But I just want to replace my 1TB hdd that's got all my other games installed on (and media etc stored) and go full SSD.

Having worked in IT for over 30 years, I've learned that it doesn't pay to try and keep at the forefront of latest tech. That 1TB SSD will be more reliable and a fraction of the price in 2 years time. If I was refreshing my server today, I'd likely go for a 500GB SSD, but I don't see any real benefit in using SSD for my photos or music library. I can already access that content as quickly as I need to.

I haven't noticed any difference in load times since PoF, but then mine have always been very quick. (And I don't have an SSD.)

There was a problem when it first came out where I'd get stuck in an infinite loading screen trying to get into PoF maps, but only those, all the rest were fine. But that was fixed within the first few days and everything went back to normal for me.

Archived