Some suggestions to this template “controversy”

flog.3485

I am very glad that build templates come to the game I have little to no complaint that they are using the gemstore to get some RoI, the same way that they sold glider skins for HoT or mount skins for PoF.

However I do like feel like that, contrary to PoF or HoT, acquiring template tabs has a much a greater influence to what is essentially playing the game, get involved with it and actually getting good with it.Therefore I do think that in regards to legendary gear, something more needs to be done so that players who went the extra mile of getting it or these (whether it is through raids, WvW or PvP) don’t feel like their dedication has suddenly become undervalued.

My first suggestion would be to make legendary gear character bound. For what reason ?Because It is a unique armor tier that need to set itself apart from the now quite regular ascended tier and it is a long term achievement in itself that will never made obsolete.My second suggestion would be to make the characters gain extra equipment tabs when a legendary gear is equipped. For what reason ?Because the equipment tabs are the most influential components of your build that will define what sort of build you are going to play.That said I haven’t talked about how many equipment tabs you should get for equipping a legendary gear. Personally I would like to have 3 but 2 more per character is enough I think.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think it is sustainable for Anet to fully listen to the the few complainers who have been using ArcDPS in the past because as a company they cannot just bring in new features into the game for free (fully) when they are already relying on free content updates.However I do think that for all of those who has been using ArcDPS and who I guess has had quite enough time to obtain a legendary armor or even multiple sets, it is necessary for them to feel like they are getting more out these free update than any other players who might just run around in open world with exotics.

@Acheron.4731 said:Along the lines of what you are saying about opening slots...I think each tier of Legendary armor should open a shared inventory slot for each class of the same weight armor.That was half the point I got it so I could share it amongst my most played chars

Nah that seems too complicated for them. I wouldn’t go that far.

@flog.3485 said:I am very glad that build templates come to the game I have little to no complaint that they are using the gemstore to get some RoI, the same way that they sold glider skins for HoT or mount skins for PoF.

However I do like feel like that, contrary to PoF or HoT, acquiring template tabs has a much a greater influence to what is essentially playing the game, get involved with it and actually getting good with it.Therefore I do think that in regards to legendary gear, something more needs to be done so that players who went the extra mile of getting it or these (whether it is through raids, WvW or PvP) don’t feel like their dedication has suddenly become undervalued.

My first suggestion would be to make legendary gear character bound. For what reason ?Because It is a unique armor tier that need to set itself apart from the now quite regular ascended tier and it is a long term achievement in itself that will never made obsolete.My second suggestion would be to make the characters gain extra equipment tabs when a legendary gear is equipped. For what reason ?Because the equipment tabs are the most influential components of your build that will define what sort of build you are going to play.That said I haven’t talked about how many equipment tabs you should get for equipping a legendary gear. Personally I would like to have 3 but 2 more per character is enough I think.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t think it is sustainable for Anet to fully listen to the the few complainers who have been using ArcDPS in the past because as a company they cannot just bring in new features into the game for free (fully) when they are already relying on free content updates.However I do think that for all of those who has been using ArcDPS and who I guess has had quite enough time to obtain a legendary armor or even multiple sets, it is necessary for them to feel like they are getting more out these free update than any other players who might just run around in open world with exotics.

He, He - I stopped reading at the bolded part. Are you serious? Do you really think a Legendary item is so cheap that everyone can afford to craft each legendary piece needed (weapons and armors) for each character he/she plays? What about the trinkets? You can craft only one of each. That means you can have only one character fully geared in Legendary - no possibility to change it if you want to try another one.

Hm - I think is the time to check again the crafting cost for a legendary weapon. I want to have 2-3 of each weapon for every of my toons - just for PR purpose.Too bad that we don't have low level Legendary gear - I want 2 sets of Legendary weapons for each of my lvl 35 and 50 bag openers. No matter if it is character bound - no other of my mains is using lvl 35 Legendary.

@Pifil.5193 said:Making Legendary equipment character bound would be a terrible idea. The fact that Legendary and Ascended equipment is account bound is the only reason I made any. Thankfully, there's zero chance they'd do this.

I think you got mistaken with what I was really trying to say. I just wanted only the armor to be character bound, so that per character, you would get an achievement to unlock additional equipment tabs.

Obviously all the other legendary items would stay account bound because all the other legendary items are heavily bound to PvE only.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@flog.3485 said:I am very glad that build templates come to the game I have little to no complaint that they are using the gemstore to get some RoI, the same way that they sold glider skins for HoT or mount skins for PoF.

My first suggestion would be to make legendary gear character bound.
For what reason ?Because It is a unique armor tier that need to set itself apart from the now quite regular ascended tier and it is a long term achievement in itself that will never made obsolete.My second suggestion would be to make the characters gain extra equipment tabs when a legendary gear is equipped. For what reason ?Because the equipment tabs are the most influential components of your build that will define what sort of build you are going to play.That said I haven’t talked about how many equipment tabs you should get for equipping a legendary gear. Personally I would like to have 3 but 2 more per character is enough I think.

He, He - I stopped reading at the bolded part. Are you serious? Do you really think a Legendary item is so cheap that everyone can afford to craft each legendary piece needed (weapons and armors) for each character he/she plays? What about the trinkets? You can craft only one of each. That means you can have only one character fully geared in Legendary - no possibility to change it if you want to try another one.

Hm - I think is the time to check again the crafting cost for a legendary weapon. I want to have 2-3 of each weapon for every of my toons - just for PR purpose.Too bad that we don't have low level Legendary gear - I want 2 sets of Legendary weapons for each of my lvl 35 and 50 bag openers. No matter if it is character bound - no other of my mains is using lvl 35 Legendary.

I only wanted the armor to become character bound. All the other legendary items would stay account bound because they are obviously too much heavily bound to PvE, except for the armor.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@flog.3485 said:Nah that seems too complicated for them. I wouldn’t go that far.

Good thing then you aren't the one to decide over such improvements. Everyone who owns legendary gear sure hopes for ANet to implement more QoL for owners of legendary equipment soon as the currennt status quo devaluates it to a high degree.

I just don’t see the point of improving how good a legendary armor can be when it comes to account value when imo the biggest value you would get out of a legendary armor is the fact that, by design and per character, you could slot only one armor and have access (with my suggestions) to more than 2 equipment tabs (which feel very tame in comparison to all the gear sets prefixes).I also don’t really see the benefit of having legendary gear being tied to an account knowing that the owners of legendary armor are so rare anyway and the way you come across a legendary piece of equipment for the armor is even more rare to the point you are better off equipping other characters with regular ascended gear (which you would have no problem to buy/loot if you already went the extra-mile of getting the legendary armor).