Not the Clocktower We Need, But the Clocktower We Deserve

eainen.9467

Add just a mirrored upside down copy of the JP on top of the tower, connected at the final stairs. At the end, giant King Oswald will grab the player and devour him. You spawn in front of a giant tree, the screen has a red tone. You see two Skeletons dancing mirrored, singing some gibberish about connected bones. Then your screen becomes dark. You wake up, sitting in an open horse cart, controlled by one guy with a coat and a helmet, moving through a forest with large trees. Two guys sit in front of you, one looks forward. He has dark-blond hair, is bearded and wears a chainmail with a some cloth. The other has black hair, wears a sleeveless leather-shirt and looks downwards right next to you. There is also a guy with brown hair to your right, seems to be covered in a cotton clothing, also looking slightly forward to the other side of the cart. Everyone is shackled, except for the guy driving the cart. Then the blond guy starts to talk, "Hey. You are finally awake."

@"Cyninja.2954" said:While at it, introduce normalized character models, but in this case make all other players norn or charr, at maximum size, with some charr and norn npcs too.

Come to think of it, give all the npcs as many flashy legendaries and auras too,

You forgot XXL-sized backpacks! Very important.

to help players envision how cool they could look when they are not falling to their deaths.

:lol:

Tons of great suggestions in this thread! I see a "Clocktower, April Fools Edition" incoming.

I like that they changed it so other players are visible only as light orbs. That way I managed to finish this JP this year a lot faster than last time 6 years ago when I played it. Took me countless hours on different days back then. Now I tried half an hour yesterday. Half an our this morning. Beat it. Then few hours ago a 2nd time. Might also be that I still had the training from years ago in me. I needed to re-check a vid of dulfy though. Some jumps are hard or not easy to see where to go next. And I do other jumps (which fork better for me) at some places.

Now I still don't like that we have to wait and that other players are with us. Distracting. I'd prefer if this was (at least for achievements - then maybe even without chest at the end) solo playable without others in the instane.

As for the ideas above: PvP style stuff could be fun lol. Similar to the obsidian sanctum. Maybe without constant time pressure but with traps players can use (with a cooldown). Defending team vs team attacking. And a timer. If one attacker manages to get to a certain point the defenders lose. (Would be more fun than the reapers rumble which was fun back years ago. Now I only join losing teams and it seems boring to me. Not bothering trying that one again - also there are no achievements.)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:While at it, introduce normalized character models, but in this case make all other players norn or charr, at maximum size, with some charr and norn npcs too.

Come to think of it, give all the npcs as many flashy legendaries and auras too,

You forgot XXL-sized backpacks! Very important.

to help players envision how cool they could look when they are not falling to their deaths.

:lol:

Tons of great suggestions in this thread! I see a "Clocktower, April Fools Edition" incoming.

See, that's why crowd sourcing ideas for improvements to the game is so useful. I had totally forgotten about XXL backpacks... good catch! :#