[SPOLIER] I was blessed by a specific god

@RandomWolf.3986 said:All of those tiny little choices you did during the PS are meaningless.

This is basically pointing out the biggest issue I have with the choices there. You make people make choices but in the end it doesnt amount to anything. It is probably one of those overly ambitious ideas that they have no capability of making meaningful, but its still one of those points where I think, Anet, you didnt have the balls to stick with it for at least those key moments.

Could at least have some mention by your character about it. And with a tiny bit of effort let people repick their allegiance.

From a writer standpoint, I'm with the one who said that's where your character was six years ago. I personally wouldn't want to switch it because it reflects their past and where they came from. Like my male thief was blessed by Lyssa. In my head, that's who his family choose to worship so he just followed along. But he doesn't particularly care much about the Six.

I pay it little mind, myself, sometimes. I don't develop the muse until after the character is made and played with. If a Sylvari ends up with a personality that doesn't reflect the time of day chosen, I switch it in my head.

I think they could clarify what it means when it says "I was blessed by ___", because those who chose Balth probably mostly feel pretty weird about it now lol. As the poster above me said, that was your character several years ago, and perhaps that blessing is almost meaningless depending on what they meant by it in the first place, but I wouldn't say that it is -totally- meaningless because the six are a huge part of human culture, and civilization, regardless of their withdrawing. Also, Kormir stated that we have received and go forward with the blessing of all the remaining gods before she left, so perhaps it still means something. The gods may have left, but it doesn't mean they will be gone forever, or that they don't listen, and can't provide blessings none the less. It's still a giant mystery when it comes to the gods.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@RandomWolf.3986 said:All of those tiny little choices you did during the PS are
meaningless

This is basically pointing out the biggest issue I have with the choices there. You make people make choices but in the end it doesnt amount to anything. It is probably one of those overly ambitious ideas that they have no capability of making meaningful, but its still one of those points where I think, Anet, you didnt have the kitten to stick with it for at least those key moments.

Could at least have some mention by your character about it. And with a tiny bit of effort let people repick their allegiance.

They used to have impacts back near launch and depending on your choices in social interactions you would have a bonus to certain Interaction choices with npcs they scrapped that shortly after launch.

And Player characters were blessed by a god when they were born not they chose to follow that god...

Actually my character yelled to Balthazar about being blessed by him and enjoying those blessing while trying to understand why the events of POF were happening. And Balthy was all like "So, u mad bruh?"

Does everyone get that interaction or was it only those blessed by Balthazar?

I also had Balth! I wish there was bit more immersive parts of the story for us who chose Balth. I imagine it would be more emotional for our characters. But then again, our characters might not be so religious and it might be more of a formality/tradition thing in society to have a patron god. Kasmeer was definitely really religious and devoted to Kormir lol

Archived