People are still refusing to fight Viscount

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:the fact is, this is a festival boss that you might fight a few dozen times over the course of 2 weeks one timer per year. It isn't reasonable to expect every player to watch youtube vids beforehand to prepare themself, so any fight mechanics should be plainly obvious.You don't have to go to youtube to understand the boss and the encounter mechanics. Checking the tooltips of the boons and conditions on yourself and the boss is plenty.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Efficiency farmers only dictate what is done on their instance. If you want to spend 10+ min killing that boss then join an instance that’s doing them. If you’re on an empty instance, put a LFG up.

It could potentially be done more frequently but it’s the average PvE player who make it not worth doing at all.

10+?, you should've said 5+ minutes, because that's really all it should take...it's 10+ when you have an entire group of people that have no clue.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:They should add a chance for Invisible Slippers (or another crazy rare item) to the Viscount's reward chest - then no one would skip that boss anymore. ;)

It should drop an Candy Coated Infusion

Noooo, not another ugly skin changer, please (and by skin I don't mean that of your equipment). I want something decent and sparkly for a change. Most infusions have effects that are too drastic for me.

It would not change the skin. The Candy Coated Infusion would obviously give the same effect as the Candy Coated effect which is what you get when standing in the candy puddles.imgimghttps://imgur.com/a/YfTH1aM rest of gallery from other angles

Guess I have been lucky. So far, the three groups I tagged along with did all three bosses. Then again I have been killed by Steve a few times.And found out that if you a) glide and land on the giant Mad King or b) Jump on the giant Mad King with your mount; you get teleported into an alley and get jumped by a lunatic and his skeleton buddies. And if you are really lucky ( I had died to Steve and glided down and decided to land on the Mad King), Steve will stroll into said alley while you are trying to get out and kill you again.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Efficiency farmers only dictate what is done on their instance. If you want to spend 10+ min killing that boss then join an instance that’s doing them. If you’re on an empty instance, put a LFG up.

It could potentially be done more frequently but it’s the average PvE player who make it not worth doing at all.

10+?, you should've said 5+ minutes, because that's really all it should take...it's 10+ when you have an entire group of people that have no clue.

I was basing it off the group I last did it with. It could be that they were just terrible.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:The rewards are almost not worth the time. You also have to deal with the fact that even if you know the mechanics, the fight is extremely buggy. Stand on the pad to not take damage or get knocked back, oh look, you did and both still happened. Tons of groups still do it, there are just better ways to spend your time.

It’s not buggy as you likely failed the mechanic and hit 10 stacks.

Not the stun. The mechanic starts, you run right over to the pad, you are supposed to be immune to damage and knockback, yet sometimes you take damage from every hit (before reaching the 10 stack), sometimes you take no damage yet get knocked down every time (again, before ever getting to 10 stacks). I know the fight, and yes, sometimes it is buggy. Also, even working perfectly, I can see why people don't do it much, the rewards are not worth the time.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:The rewards are almost not worth the time. You also have to deal with the fact that even if you know the mechanics, the fight is extremely buggy. Stand on the pad to not take damage or get knocked back, oh look, you did and both still happened. Tons of groups still do it, there are just better ways to spend your time.

Not the stun. The mechanic starts, you run right over to the pad, you are supposed to be immune to damage and knockback, yet sometimes you take damage from every hit (before reaching the 10 stack), sometimes you take no damage yet get knocked down every time (again, before ever getting to 10 stacks). I know the fight, and yes, sometimes it is buggy. Also, even working perfectly, I can see why people don't do it much, the rewards are not worth the time.

Ok. I personally have not had any issues but I guess that doesn’t mean others don’t either.

It shouldn’t matter either way as you only really need a few people who know what they’re doing. Have mesmers chain feedback or supposedly someone with the buff can just stand in the boss’ hit box and reflect everything back. I haven’t bothered to see if that’s still possible this year and likely won’t as I got all of my achievements done already and will only do the quick daily ones.

@Ubi.4136 said:

some of that can also be from getting hit by projectiles aimed at people behind you

getting hit by the candy corn will remove a stack of the coating

@Mewcifer.5198 said:The patch notes mentioned reducing his health and increasing rewards but people are still refusing to fight him, saying that the fight isn't worth doing even as a once a day.

Because with group of farmers with shamans gear or no gear at all it still takes long to kill him with auto attacks doing 100-400 dmg, you could probably do a full circle in this time.

It's simply a matter of highest profit. If you are aiming for 500+ ToT bags per hour, you don't want to loose time on bosses.

what annoys even more than the idea that he's not worth the rewards is imagining that he's still hard to do? i led a lab farm on the first day and did the bosses quite easily with like 8 people in the group. people are so quick to forget how trivial this content is with our PoF power boost. it's not 2014 anymore, you can kill the viscount before he can kill the noobs.

lol, its easy , peopple that want to do lab with some eficience go with max taging low damage builds, and they cant ditch dps in those boses that makes it eternal for them, if a normal equiped squad is losing profit time doing it, imagine one of the no max dmg squad, in old times if lootstick guards vizcount was a piece of cake being permareflectionwall, but now wuard are one of the less eficient clases to farm lab

I always take groups that do him. The map is already way to easy and boring so him and the lich at least keep me awake. It is an extra few minutes so I don't think it is inefficient, gives some time for the other doors to spawn.The first time we 2 manned him because the group refused to fight and me and another guy didn't know why so we just killed him.

It is clearly bad implemented, just annoying, yes the mechanic is simple but, like many other things ANet do, it's just a waste of time (it was also a waste of time and money implementing it like this, btw..) You could blame people that skip this PITA but i suggest to blame devs that implemented this nonsense, but rarely they realise this and fix the implementation, raising the reward do not help at all, in my opinion same thing apply for the clock tower jp, a great waste of time and money like it is implemented now, seems they like to have contents ignored by the players because of the outrageous design.

What ever happened to just saying the mechanic in chat so people know? Like seriously a simple 'stand in goo, count to 8, leave goo, no knockback from candy corn' as a squad announcement does WONDERS. After telling a small group that mechanic, they actually downed it faster and told others the 'trick' too. Is like, telling new players too hard for some vet players or is this a 'You should already know the mechanics and how dare you not know a thing?'. I didn't even know there was a mechanic for him until this year and I've been playing since 2015. All I ever thought was 'gotta break his bar.'