Dueling/Arena? (PvP)

Yuyo.5697

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

That's weird, because i just opened a thread where Ben P responded his answer about dueling, and guess what, there was a poll in there, majority voted they wanted it.Link?

Just? Eighteen months ago is 'just opened'? And you are posting under two different Display Names?

If you are posting under different Display Names, how do we know those voting aren't doing the same?

Also, here's Ben P.'s response in said thread:

I'm not against 1v1 dueling, with restrictions to areas. But as other's noted, to do this right requires a lot of work. (Specified duel areas, a way to change the skill ruleset used based on an area rather than a whole map, etc.

We have so many higher priorities that I can't see us ever actually getting to this in the foreseeable future. Especially as we already have the means for players to create their own 1v1's via custom arenas.

Who said anything that i made the thread?I just pointed an example out, about a poll with majority of voters wanting dueling enabled..

@noot.8641 said:

That's weird, because i just opened a thread where Ben P responded his answer about dueling, and guess what, there was a poll in there, majority voted they wanted it.Link?

Naturally a thread in the PvP forums would be mostly "yea" to the idea. Almost all of the threads in the General Discussion forum have said "no". If you want to be factual, maybe tally the yes/no posts from ALL of the threads?

@kharmin.7683 said:

Naturally a thread in the PvP forums would be mostly "yea" to the idea. Almost all of the threads in the General Discussion forum have said "no". If you want to be factual, maybe tally the yes/no posts from ALL of the threads?

It's just logic.. i didn't say it because i tally'd the votes lol.I just pointed out 1 thread that has a majority in yes votes, because someone else was saying all the threads he looked at were majority no votes..Why you blowing this up?

Thank you for everyones feedback. Though i still dont understand why my thread got sent to the pvp sub forum when i created it as a guild wars 2 general discussion for the discussion of adding things to the game. Which makes no sense why GW2 general discussion sub forum is considered “PVE” whens theirs a sub forum called fractal,dungeons, raids.my thread isn't a class build.

@"Yuyo.5697" said:Thank you for everyones feedback. Though i still dont understand why my thread got sent to the pvp sub forum when i created it as a guild wars 2 general discussion for the discussion of adding things to the game. Which makes no sense why GW2 general discussion sub forum is considered “PVE” whens theirs a sub forum called fractal,dungeons, raids.my thread isn't a class build.

They do that...

someone would have reported and someone else with power would have read the title and gone "yep. makes sense. moved." or they just wanted to hide the facts presented in this thread in regards to duels... You don't want to upset the PvE crowd or prove them wrong because Daddy will step in to protect his children.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Because every time duelling gets raised the community backlash against the idea.

A search of the forums should give both dev and community responses in it.

As for smaller arenas, given pvp support is minimal, I’m not seeing any new additions. Guild Halls by and large fill that gap and I assume custom arenas

Actually that’s not true, dueling has been requested a lot of times, many people want it.I remember Ben saying that implementing such a system would mean a lot of work, and it’s just time the team doesn’t have.

It does get requested a lot and the response has always been overwhelmingly negative to it.

Duelling and open world pvp prob has the most negative reactions of any suggestion I’ve seen in this game over 7 years

Because PVE mains ^^^^^ start commenting on it how it will be bad for pve, even if it was in the pvp lobby.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:It technically exists already in a way. You can always duel in a 1v1 custom Arena. There just isn't a "Right click player icon -request duel" anywhere option.

If you want to duel friends:

1. "Let's meet up in Server#X"
  2. Both click PvP icon, game browser, select Server#X"
  3. join opposing teams
  4. /bow, enjoy your duel.

Too much money, that is way no one bothers getting the 2v2 arenas they don't have easy access, bigger Free for all arena would help with the duels, the current feels like a kiddy pool if you want to duel there is always someone that comes in and ruins it. I bet people just want a place like in WoW where they just fight in front of Orgrimar while they wait for something.

@lare.5129 said:we have dueling arena inside guild hall. You not ?

You call that a duelling arena? It uses pve balance, so its a nightmare to fight in there, if you know anything about which skill should hit you for what numbers in pvp and suddenly you get hit for twice or thrice the amount. No fun at all to fight in there, ive completey given up to use that kitten.Maaaybe useful for mirrormatchups, because both builds have the same boosted mechanics.

Full coumter for example hits there for 6k+ and in pvp for max 2k

@lare.5129 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Full coumter for example hits there for 6k+ and in pvp for max 2k

so you need 1 vs 1 or check new class/new build/skills?for check something unknow and real dueling I us unranked.

What? I dont understand what you are trying to say.

I dont duel to check dmg numbers, i duel to have fun and become better at playing my class.

I dont have fun, nor will i rly become better when dueling in a pve balanced zone, because dmg numbers are so whack in pve.

Duel rooms would be fine, but I'd be more down for a "toggle PK" Whoever wants to turn it on, go for it. You wanna duel, fly over the ridge and see if someone is flagged.

Have it force PvP stats in PvE but scale to level so you can't cheese PvE, and at 80 you'll do less than PvP build anyways. So you can't cheese it to respec for a raid or something like that. If it's a problem in early levels put a level lock on it or something.

Let's us PvP all across the world, and gives Living world updates value to PvP since those are ever expanding maps.

Just slap on a "PvP isn't balanced for 1v1 so don't get salty" tag on it, add a mediocre loot bag for killed players like in WvW for casuls, and BOOM! We get everyone involved for some shenanigans and fun. and breath a little more life into pvp via some good old fashioned MMO player killing.Maybe add a 10 second "till turned on" - "till turned off" thing and only while not in combat so someone can't just enable without warning, gank, then disable before they come back

People out in the world can form up and duel or do 2v2s or 3v3s when chilling with guildies, or finding allies, and it would happen organically...Unlike "here are tiny contained game rooms that are on a structured game type." Because those are empty; But what if people are already there in a giant map, and fun times are just a toggle away?~~~

@RedShark.9548 said:I dont duel to check dmg numbers, i duel to have fun and become better at playing my class.so if you not check numbers - guild arena perfect choose.

I dont have fun, nor will i rly become better when dueling in a pve balanced zone, because dmg numbers are so whack in pve.this is only philological and philosophy aspect, you should say for yourself that this is ok few times per minute, and after some time you will get fun!

@lare.5129 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:I dont duel to check dmg numbers, i duel to have fun and become better at playing my class.so if you not check numbers - guild arena perfect choose.

I dont have fun, nor will i rly become better when dueling in a pve balanced zone, because dmg numbers are so whack in pve.this is only philological and philosophy aspect, you should say for yourself that this is ok few times per minute, and after some time you will get fun!

No, you clearly have no understanding of pvp whatsoever. There is a reason balancing is split between gamemodes, you do realize that?

This has nothing to do with my philosophy, are you serious, or am i being trolled?

The dmg in pve is way higher than in pvp, making it completely unbalanced, thus unfair and unfun to fight in there.

@lare.5129 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:philosophy is a main, I am sure as pvp expert wiht 200+ pvp rankAnd I don't see any unfair and unfun to fight in guild arena. Both have same pve traits.

This i my last reply.getting hit by daggerstorm with ~4k per dagger while the thief is dodging is no fun (in pvp it does like 2k).Getting hit by fc for 6k+ instead of 2k is no fun.Getting hit by retaliation for pretty much double the dmg is no fun.Having confusion tick while not even using skills is no fun.Getting hit for 4k by pulminory impact every single time i get interupted is no fun (dagger pistol thief 444444)This list goes on and on.

Idc what rank you are in any game buddy, i personally have 0 fun in the guild arena, i know other ppl who feel the same way about it, and im sure there are a LOT more ppl who dont like to play pvp in a pve balanced arena.

If you dont understand this in the slightest i feel sorry for you. Bye.