Jump to content
  • Sign Up

help Crafting Ascended :)


Recommended Posts

hey guys im trying to craft my new Ascended set and i feel lost and need some help!im still abit new and not familiar with lots of stuff here im trying to craft light armor Celestial stats and i wonder what is the best way to do itand how? i heard that some stats it is harder to craft and need some hard to get items or takes many daysand it would be better to craft random Ascended and change stats.
but i do not know which ones are these or even how to do it i got 1 piece of Ascended from Box i got on wvw that i need to change also no idea howif someone mind explain to me in detail how should i start what is best way to do it and all ill be very greatfuli got about 200g but i also got 1 piece from wvw with random stat but also i got some wvw Skimris to buy maybe 2 more pieces of itemstinkests ill probably get some with lurels and some form wvw ? or if theres better way id love to hear thanks for everyone who help!(please remember im new to the game and lots of stuff that are obivious to you guys are new to me so please make it detailed and simple step by step as possible:)much appreciated !

Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, Celestial stats are a huge waste. You won't be doing nearly enough damage and feel like content is really hard to beat. If you need some insight on what good builds look like, you should take a look at this site: https://metabattle.com/

Secondly, for recipes on each craftable ascended set, check out the Wiki (click on the corresponding name): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_armor#Armor_with_predefined_prefixes - Just follow the subsequent links to see how to craft them/where to start, i.e. how to obtain the recipe, what components are required etc.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Ashantara.8731" said:First of all, Celestial stats are a huge waste. You won't be doing nearly enough damage and feel like content is really hard to beat. If you need some insight on what good builds look like, you should take a look at this site: https://metabattle.com/

Secondly, for recipes on each craftable ascended set, check out the Wiki (click on the corresponding name): https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_armor#Armor_with_predefined_prefixes Just follow the subsequent links to see how to craft them/where to start, i.e. how to obtain the recipe, what components you need etc.

was thinking about celestial for open world tempest and wvw weaver. for the sustain some healing health and such..

i tried to run tempest on full zeker and when i reached HoT i just died instantly over and over .. to a point i got really upset and almost quit the class.. then i saw some ele video using some celestial for survive honestly this game is so complicated for new players and the game does poor job helping to understand

also i want to use celestial for my Scourge in WvW. i hear it works well. idk anymore whats waste or not.. but for open world i feel like i dont wnt to run zeker set.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The stats that are "harder to craft" are harrier, viper, trailblazer and some. Basically expansion stats because you need to get the recipes from expansion content.

celestial is not one of these. Although it takes, I think a month to craft all pieces because of charged quartz.

Here is what you will need for a full set of celestial armor.https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-47937;1-47939;1-47935;1-47936;1-47938;1-47934

You could craft another armor to lessen how much charge quartz you need and stat change...but it will end up more expensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"noiwk.2760" said:was thinking about celestial for open world tempest and wvw weaver. for the sustain some healing health and such..

Terrible idea. Trust me. Celestial is useless, especially in open world PvE and story missions - there are other, better ways to achieve what you need.

i tried to run tempest on full zeker and when i reached HoT i just died instantly over and over

There you go: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGhAwilJwuYUMFGJOqO7vNA-zRhYBRBniVQgbRSIGUVp0UBEYCkYgURQY7FJM2MvlImBA-e (attuning to Earth will make you immune to critical damage)

But most importantly, make sure you learn the combat mechanics properly to avoid damage: do not stand in AoE, dodge when necessary, and trigger protective skills at the right time. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Taygus.4571" said:The stats that are "harder to craft" are harrier, viper, trailblazer and some. Basically expansion stats because you need to get the recipes from expansion content.

celestial is not one of these. Although it takes, I think a month to craft all pieces because of charged quartz.

Here is what you will need for a full set of celestial armor.https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~0!b~1!c~0!d~1-47937;1-47939;1-47935;1-47936;1-47938;1-47934

You could craft another armor to lessen how much charge quartz you need and stat change...but it will end up more expensive.

thank you, what about Magi set? since i see celestial is so useless as people say here im scared of crafting it now. . ill need magi eventually since my main Fractalsbuild is gonna be Support Scourge :) maybe i should try pve somehow or get cheap exotic with random stats for story for ele..and focus on trying to get magi set just so confused right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"noiwk.2760" said:was thinking about celestial for open world tempest and wvw weaver. for the sustain some healing health and such..

Terrible idea. Trust me. Celestial is
useless
, especially in open world PvE and story missions - there are other,
better
ways to achieve what you need.

i tried to run tempest on full zeker and when i reached HoT i just died instantly over and over

There you go:
(attuning to Earth will make you immune to critical damage)

But most importantly, make sure you learn the combat mechanics properly to avoid damage: do not stand in AoE, dodge when necessary, and trigger protective skills at the right time. :)

You say useless..... yet its still being used for various builds in WvW. The game doesn't start and end at Alterac vall... I mean Open world.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@starlinvf.1358 said:You say useless..... yet its still being used for various builds in WvW.

WvW is a completely different game mode! It is used on some zerg builds because of group synergy (although not really anymore, because there are more efficient options these days). If you don't understand the difference between WvW game mechanics and PvE game mechanics, then there is still a lot you have to learn.

@"noiwk.2760" said:thank you, what about Magi set? since i see celestial is so useless as people say here im scared of crafting it now. .

I see you did not check on the links I gave you... :/ A mix of Berserker's and Marauder's is the best option for Elementalist, but hey, do as you please then. I'm a fan of "This and that story mission is soooo hard" threads. ;)

P.S. If you don't want to go for Earth then become better at avoiding damage. I like Earth, it has some CC too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@starlinvf.1358 said:You say useless..... yet its still being used for various builds in WvW.

WvW is a completely different game mode! It is used on some zerg builds because of group synergy (although not really anymore, because there are more efficient options these days). If you don't understand the difference between WvW game mechanics and PvE game mechanics, then there is still
a lot
you have to learn.

@"noiwk.2760" said:thank you, what about Magi set? since i see celestial is so useless as people say here im scared of crafting it now. .

I see you did not check on the links I gave you... :/ A mix of Berserker's and Marauder's is the best option for Elementalist, but hey, do as you please then. I'm a fan of "This and that story mission is soooo hard" threads. ;)

P.S. If you don't want to go for Earth then become better at avoiding damage. I like Earth, it has some CC too.

i did check your link but my build is abit different. i play as ele fresh air tempest atm still cant decide what i like more dagger or scepter and the earth is not where i spend most of my time.. since its mostly air. weavr on pve is still abit too hard for me.. on wvw i use staff weaver and Scourge. :) for Fractals i want to use my Scourge as sup.

i get what you are saying but im sorry i learn nothing and i dont improve when i constantly die.. from every single hit. maybe zeker set is best dps but i guess not everyone can play and fully "master" full zeker ele.. i get it that it wont be good for fractals but atm i dont plan doing raids or fractals with ele. maybe later on right now i feel even more confused on what set i should craft and all

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Taygus.4571 said:[...] You could craft another armor to lessen how much charge quartz you need and stat change...but it will end up more expensive.

How would it be faster? The Ascended insignia uses the Exotic insignia to craft, same as stat-swapping. I.e. you'll need the same number of Exotic insignia = the same number of Charged Quartz.

I assumed you would need harged quartz for the ascended insignia too.I didn't look at the recipes. I see I was wrong. shrugs All he needed to know bout celestial recipe, is in the link anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@noiwk.2760 said:

@"Taygus.4571" said:The stats that are "harder to craft" are harrier, viper, trailblazer and some. Basically expansion stats because you need to get the recipes from expansion content.

celestial is not one of these. Although it takes, I think a month to craft all pieces because of charged quartz.

Here is what you will need for a full set of celestial armor.

You could craft another armor to lessen how much charge quartz you need and stat change...but it will end up more expensive.

thank you, what about Magi set? since i see celestial is so useless as people say here im scared of crafting it now. . ill need magi eventually since my main Fractalsbuild is gonna be Support Scourge :) maybe i should try pve somehow or get cheap exotic with random stats for story for ele..and focus on trying to get magi set just so confused right now.

You don't use magi for scourge in fractals.

https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/necromancer/scourge/heal/

or cdpshttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Utility_Condi_DPS_(Fractal)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"noiwk.2760" said:also i want to use celestial for my Scourge in WvW. i hear it works well. idk anymore whats waste or not.. but for open world i feel like i dont wnt to run zeker set.I would ignore the "useless" comments... cele scourge really shines in wvw.That said making cele armor is a massive grind and time gate.If you intend on using this armor across two toons (your ele and your necro) across multiple game modes (wvw and PvE) I would look at a different stat set. Cele "sounds" good on paper but other than Guardian and Scourge in wvw, Ive found it lackluster, and not something you would want to run in PvE.I would avoid it at all costs on your ele.

That said.... there are 2 realistic ways to gear in ascended. One is by pure crafting, the other is to earn in competitive modes.Pure crafting... find the stat set you want and start buying the recipies for laurels, farm mats and craft.Using wvw, you want to run the Triumphant Armor reward track for each piece you want. This gives you a stat selectable exotic version, you can then buy the ascended version using skirmish tickets, gold and marks after unlocking each piece. The marks will need to be crafted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@"noiwk.2760" said:also i want to use celestial for my Scourge in WvW. i hear it works well. idk anymore whats waste or not.. but for open world i feel like i dont wnt to run zeker set.I would ignore the "useless" comments... cele scourge really shines in wvw.That said making cele armor is a massive grind and time gate.If you intend on using this armor across two toons (your ele and your necro) across multiple game modes (wvw and PvE) I would look at a different stat set. Cele "sounds" good on paper but other than Guardian and Scourge in wvw, Ive found it lackluster, and not something you would want to run in PvE.I would avoid it at all costs on your ele.

That said.... there are 2 realistic ways to gear in ascended. One is by pure crafting, the other is to earn in competitive modes.Pure crafting... find the stat set you want and start buying the recipies for laurels, farm mats and craft.Using wvw, you want to run the Triumphant Armor reward track for each piece you want. This gives you a stat selectable exotic version, you can then buy the ascended version using skirmish tickets, gold and marks after unlocking each piece. The marks will need to be crafted.

thank you.. then what stats would you suggest me use? i saw the Marshal's + Shaman for Scourge.. but after last patch i hate playing Scourge as dps. also.dagger Scourge got 0 condition damage even as full shaman that i run now.. so rather get more heal .as for ele .. my ele is power tempest changing soemtimes to power weaver the condition one is too hard to play.for Wvw im still gonna need celetial probably .. should i just craft marauder? but idk if marauder will really give me survive on my ele..

Link to post
Share on other sites

as for ele.. i saw video of someone that seems really good with ele.. (Cellofrag) saw his channel at youtube.. and he seems to use a mix of celestial and zeker for his tempest pve.
and also celestial for pve for his weaver. im abit of impressed by his videos and they are not too old. the tempest one is like 10 months maybe stuff have changed idkor maybe im impresed over nothing?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@noiwk.2760 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:First of all, Celestial stats are a huge waste. You won't be doing nearly enough damage and feel like content is really hard to beat. If you need some insight on what good builds look like, you should take a look at this site:

Secondly, for recipes on each craftable ascended set, check out the Wiki (click on the corresponding name):
Just follow the subsequent links to see how to craft them/where to start, i.e. how to obtain the recipe, what components you need etc.

was thinking about celestial for open world tempest and wvw weaver. for the sustain some healing health and such..

i tried to run tempest on full zeker and when i reached HoT i just died instantly over and over .. to a point i got really upset and almost quit the class.. then i saw some ele video using some celestial for survive honestly this game is so complicated for new players and the game does poor job helping to understand

also i want to use celestial for my Scourge in WvW. i hear it works well. idk anymore whats waste or not.. but for open world i feel like i dont wnt to run zeker set.

Not going to lie, I was thinking about trying full celestial armor for Revenant. But the time and resources it would cause me to do that just dont seem worth it for the experiment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@noiwk.2760 said:as for ele.. i saw video of someone that seems really good with ele.. (Cellofrag) saw his channel at youtube.. and he seems to use a mix of celestial and zeker for his tempest pve.

and also celestial for pve for his weaver. im abit of impressed by his videos and they are not too old. the tempest one is like 10 months maybe stuff have changed idkor maybe im impresed over nothing?

That depends on what is it that you think is impressive

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:as for ele.. i saw video of someone that seems really good with ele.. (Cellofrag) saw his channel at youtube.. and he seems to use a mix of celestial and zeker for his tempest pve.

and also celestial for pve for his weaver. im abit of impressed by his videos and they are not too old. the tempest one is like 10 months maybe stuff have changed idkor maybe im impresed over nothing?

That depends on what is it that you think is impressive

im impressed by the knowledge he show of ele ! how he explained every single trait and combo! how he fought on wvw the way he survive and heal.its abit sad he never made more pve focused video.. well 1 that is tempest in which he uses half celestial and half zeker.

im still having it rough not knowing which set to craft as my first set and then i saw all the new talks about balance changes coming i feel scared to invest all my gold into set i might never use . im thinking maybe i should consider that marshel? set or how its called and looks like trinkests are abit easier and no need crafting or gold invest so maybe with these i can play abit more.. for fractals i seem to like playing the support so maybe my first Ascended should be support setbut i know i cant play ele as full zeker set and for Scourge i want to be pure support

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the availability of stat swapping the good news is that you can't screw anything up permanently. You can cost some extra time and gold, but you can fix it in the end.

My personal opinion would be to make marauder's, as it is probably the best fit for the mixed PvE and WvW interests. Celestial leaves a lot to be desired IMO, but it is a viable roaming set on an elementalist. If you insist on celestial you can test it out by using the halloween festival and achievements to obtain this exotic armor: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lunatic_armor It is stat selectable and you can test out celestial to see how it is working for you. The difference between exotic and ascended armor is not so drastic that you won't be able to tell if you like the playstyle.

Alternatively, you can decide if either PvE or WvW is your primary game mode and carry two sets of armor for now - one ascended with the "best" stats for your preferred mode and one exotic for the non-preferred. You would probably want to swap runes for the different modes anyways, so two sets can be a potential bridge approach while you decide.tl;dr, Here's what I'd do: craft marauder's ascended and get celestial exotic from lunatic court armor. Test both out in the different game modes. If you eventually decide that you want celestial ascended, buy it from WvW so you don't have to go through the hassle of the charged quartz gating and save the marauder's set for PvE.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"thehipone.6812" said:With the availability of stat swapping the good news is that you can't screw anything up permanently. You can cost some extra time and gold, but you can fix it in the end.

My personal opinion would be to make marauder's, as it is probably the best fit for the mixed PvE and WvW interests. Celestial leaves a lot to be desired IMO, but it is a viable roaming set on an elementalist. If you insist on celestial you can test it out by using the halloween festival and achievements to obtain this exotic armor: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lunatic_armor It is stat selectable and you can test out celestial to see how it is working for you. The difference between exotic and ascended armor is not so drastic that you won't be able to tell if you like the playstyle.

Alternatively, you can decide if either PvE or WvW is your primary game mode and carry two sets of armor for now - one ascended with the "best" stats for your preferred mode and one exotic for the non-preferred. You would probably want to swap runes for the different modes anyways, so two sets can be a potential bridge approach while you decide.tl;dr, Here's what I'd do: craft marauder's ascended and get celestial exotic from lunatic court armor. Test both out in the different game modes. If you eventually decide that you want celestial ascended, buy it from WvW so you don't have to go through the hassle of the charged quartz gating and save the marauder's set for PvE.

very helpful replay ! thank you! but what kind of stat would i want to use for Scourge/tempest/mester support in Fractals (again for fractals im looking for full support build) the builds i saw on mettabattle says Magi set but here i got comment that they dont use magi anymore. .and been sent to crow but crow uses the mixed with daage option which dont like much (after the 1/10 patch) i loved it before scourge change but now i feel its too clunky to do damage and support at the same time. i saw some stats that to me looks fit for support Scourge/tempest mesmer but idk i get lots of random stuff stats i saw are (Magi/Minstrel and Marshal) the Marshal i dont like for support due to lack of vit. as for pve how would Marshal work on ele ? . thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

@noiwk.2760 said:

@noiwk.2760 said:as for ele.. i saw video of someone that seems really good with ele.. (Cellofrag) saw his channel at youtube.. and he seems to use a mix of celestial and zeker for his tempest pve.

and also celestial for pve for his weaver. im abit of impressed by his videos and they are not too old. the tempest one is like 10 months maybe stuff have changed idkor maybe im impresed over nothing?

That depends on what is it that you think is impressive

im impressed by the knowledge he show of ele ! how he explained every single trait and combo! how he fought on wvw the way he survive and heal.its abit sad he never made more pve focused video.. well 1 that is tempest in which he uses half celestial and half zeker.

im still having it rough not knowing which set to craft as my first set and then i saw all the new talks about balance changes coming i feel scared to invest all my gold into set i might never use . im thinking maybe i should consider that marshel? set or how its called and looks like trinkests are abit easier and no need crafting or gold invest so maybe with these i can play abit more.. for fractals i seem to like playing the support so maybe my first Ascended should be support setbut i know i cant play ele as full zeker set and for Scourge i want to be pure support

Ah ... that. Well half of it could be just experience. Another WvW thing to keep in mind is the skill level of the opponent and maybe even their level. At least in a ranked PvP match there is some expectation that opponents will be around the same skill level but even there it is not entirely reliable

It is not really worth worrying too much about stats. Put it this way. There are people who struggle with a raid while in full ascended but there are also people who can clear it while naked(except for their weapon of course ...). Skill and knowledge about your opponents can compensate for a lot as well as knowledge about your class and build so you can adjust your build to better deal with upcoming opponents(for PvE stuff).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...