Mastery point fetch quests

One of the things that drew me to this game was the lack of fetch quests. I've come across two mastery points in PoF that have an NPC telling me to go fetch a list if items and bring them back. If I wanted traditional quests I would go play any other MMO. Has anet really become that lazy? I'd take a JP mastery point over a fetch quest any day, and utterly despise JPs.

I think this game would be much better if we had proper questing system since the release.

If I wanted traditional quests I would go play any other MMO.

Almost half if not more of events is a fetch quest. In core game, in HoT and now in PoF. So why is it a problem for you now? The only thing this games does differently is lack of proper questing journal. Worst things about traditional questing are still there since 2012.

@Shaaba.5672 said:I actually like these quite a bit. It's much better than a simple commune or fight. I like that they are mixing it up.I actually prefer fights, it makes me feel like I've accomplished something. Fetching items makes me feel like an NPC lackey. :)

@Kheldorn.5123 said:I think this game would be much better if we had proper questing system since the release.

I disagree, but that's okay.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

If I wanted traditional quests I would go play any other MMO.

Almost half if not more of events is a fetch quest. In core game, in HoT and now in PoF.

I'm not talking about the events where you pick up stuff in the big orange circle, that's not a traditional fetch quest it's gathering stuff. I've yet to come across an event where an NPC gives me a list of specific items that I have to find and bring back. Do you have any examples?

@Kheldorn.5123 said:So why is it a problem for you now?I didn't know there was a time limit. :)

@TheMightyNewb.6789 said:Oh my gosh 2 fetch masteries!!!! compared to the other 65 or 70 pof mastery points you can collect. Ohhhh nooo :open_mouth:Yes, 2 whole fetch mastery points!!!!! Oh the humanity! Seriously, did you not get that the point of my post was about fetch quests and not mastery points?

Like that one in the Riverlands where you have to go find those orbs or the lady's armor? Just another collection quest to me. There are a number in the achievement journal that award mastery points.If we're talking about the Chef, a game also has to appeal to a lot of people. You're going to have to do something you don't like or just not do it. I'm not fond of WvW, so either I suck it up one day or I just not get that armor.

I'm not talking about the events where you pick up stuff in the big orange circle, that's not a traditional fetch quest it's gathering stuff. I've yet to come across an event where an NPC gives me a list of specific items that I have to find and bring back. Do you have any examples?

First thing from newest maps - order of shadow gathering events. You go around gathering stuff and bring it back to npc. This is the very definition of fetch questing. And there are a lot of such things since core game. The worst are those where you can't just press F 10 times and go back to npc but where you have to gather every single piece of crap to him. Like at the beginning of DS meta.

This game is full of fetch questing.

@DeadTreeJig.6714 said:One of the things that drew me to this game was the lack of fetch quests. I've come across two mastery points in PoF that have an NPC telling me to go fetch a list if items and bring them back. If I wanted traditional quests I would go play any other MMO. Has anet really become that lazy? I'd take a JP mastery point over a fetch quest any day, and utterly despise JPs.

This game has tons of fetch quests, even before PoF. There's enough extra mastery points available that you can skip a dozen.

Archived