ANET - Your PVP is full of Kittens

Habitax.8124

Kitten here, kitten there, PVP is so full of kittens right now after PoF.

You know a class is seriously broken when 80% of the matches people are swapping out after the match-up to make sure they have two scourges on their team. Such kitteness! Kitten lovers everywhere. One mediocre scourge at home, one mediocre scourge at mid, send a decent spellbreaker far and the game is won. Sadly, that is the current state of PVP. I main chrono mes GS pow/shatt and dealing with scourge can be done, but I have to execute perfectly and keep my distance. However, I feel bad for all the other classes that do not have access to range dps because they will not win that fight on point.

Out of curiosity, what skill allows a spellbreaker to eat my Echo of Memory and open a fight with nearly instant 11k damage?? I didn't get a chance to look at the combat logs.

ANET - please herd these kittens already.

You sound like another person that is playing the wrong game for quality PvP.

No amount of whiny you do. Well change the fact that GW2 has sub-par-quality PvP. The devs in this game simply just don't put much effort into it. Nor do they seem to care that often.

The written has been on the wall since HoT. Yet you people still come and base non constructive threads. About how crappy PvP is in GW2. You are just adding to the echo chamber.

Also you are not spilling any new information to the PvP gaming community at large. In fact the general consensus about GW2. Is that it is just a joke and not worth even getting into. Most of these competitive PvPers will not even bother to play GW2 for it's PvP.

So at this point, us screaming about how bad it is. Is pretty much pointless and for the most part a waste of energy. You want some decent PvP action? You'll have to look completely outside of GW2 for that. Let me tell you there quite a few titles that has and are renowned for having decent PvP action.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:You sound like another person that is playing the wrong game for quality PvP.

No amount of whiny you do. Well change the fact that GW2 has sub-par-quality PvP. The devs in this game simply just don't put much effort into it. Nor do they seem to care that often.

The written has been on the wall since HoT. Yet you people still come and base non constructive threads. About how crappy PvP is in GW2. You are just adding to the echo chamber.

Also you are not spilling any new information to the PvP gaming community at large. In fact the general consensus about GW2. Is that it is just a joke and not worth even getting into. Most of these competitive PvPers will not even bother to play GW2 for it's PvP.

So at this point, us screaming about how bad it is. Is pretty much pointless and for the most part a waste of energy. You want some decent PvP action? You'll have to look completely outside of GW2 for that. Let me tell you there quite a few titles that has and are renowned for having decent PvP action.

I agree with you and I have come to the realization that I must be bordering insanity because I keep playing PVP hoping for change but still getting the same kitten results. Suggestions for good balanced PVP games ?

@Habitax.8124 said:

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:You sound like another person that is playing the wrong game for quality PvP.

I agree with you and I have come to the realization that I must be bordering insanity because I keep playing PVP hoping for change but still getting the same kitten results. Suggestions for good balanced PVP games ?

You won't find any, because there are imbalances in every game with PvP out there. Everybody in any game with PvP elements has a sad story to prelude with their personal l2p struggles and self granted balance awareness. I'm just glad I don't have to pay monthly for it here haha.

I just wish there were more game types instead of the one. Some team deathmatch or last man standing would be nice. Capture the flag is fun or any variety thereof, ie. rescue the prisoner. Rift had a fun one where you ran to the middle to claim an orb and the orb carrier took increasing damage over time, but holding the orb was the only effective way of earning points. Some type of assault would be awesome where teams take turns assaulting a stronghold that the other team is defending. A little more variety would go a long long way.

@tfduke.1496 said:I just wish there were more game types instead of the one. Some team deathmatch or last man standing would be nice. Capture the flag is fun or any variety thereof, ie. rescue the prisoner. Rift had a fun one where you ran to the middle to claim an orb and the orb carrier took increasing damage over time, but holding the orb was the only effective way of earning points. Some type of assault would be awesome where teams take turns assaulting a stronghold that the other team is defending. A little more variety would go a long long way.

Yes - New objectives other than smothering a capture point would be good. Capturing a point requires the biggest, most spammable AOE to win point captures. I could get behind a capture the flag type of game. I would love to see open field type matches where all players are concentrated in deathmatch and not spread out doing different caps/objectives. My favorite type of PVP matches are ones that have a true front line (tanks/disrupters) and then midline/backline (support & range dps)

I also played RIFT and I did enjoy the capture the flag and orb match mechanics.

@Habitax.8124 said:

My personal favorite at the moment is Smite. However DoTA2, Overwatch, and CS:GO are very good. Also if Epic Games decide to go the opposite route of GW2 did, then Paragon will as be a threat in my book. Also PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is also starting to look like a true threat.

However be warned this games are nowhere near ase casual as GW2. They require extensive study and practice. Those that do, can solo carry a team from certain defeat to a upset 360 no scope off the wall and off the ceiling, clutch victory.

Also you don't have to worry much about players ruining your experience in Ranked. Via AFKing, or throwing the match. Because these trolls are pretty kicked in short order. And unlike GW2 they'd have to put in a minimum of 125 in match hours in Unranked. Just to gain enough levels on a smurf account to be able to troll Ranked again. Also balance patches and stuff happens very very often.

Dude there's AFKing all the time in Overwatch, as well as some serious balance issues. DoTa and Smite aren't the same type of game, but yes they can be fun. Somebody mentioned the orb in RIFT, and it was "horribly executed" - everybody seemed to hate it. It was a turtle fest plus RIFT had THE WORST balance issues that led to a lot of players leaving and the model going f2p.

@Menzies The Heretic.3415 said:

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:I wonder why nobody ever complains when their own class is OP...

Scourge is OP

And?Like everyone knows by now, I only play warrior. Scourge being OP does not rustle me.

Why are you so upset?Why don't you ask for tips fighting scourge?There are many necroes who would be happy to explain.

People have given us SOLID counters to scourge but nobody listens.

Fact is, you don't WANT to change your build, playstyle, weapons, sigil... And that is OK, but then don't complain when your way does not work.

Archived