Auto Target is terrible at best.

Tab target can pick the closest mob, yet autotarget always picks the target out of range and farthest away? In the Labrynth when I'm surrounded by mobs it always picks the one out of range and out of sight. This wasn't how it worked three or four years ago can we please get a fix on this poorly performing part of the interface.

I don't think we can find a clear rule for autotargeting and for TAB target switch.

In Labyrinth, at Lich, even if I fixed my target, I lose it if I move at a sligthiest angle from it. But I lose it every time when it spawns the skeletons. I was right in front of it. Target switched from the Lich to a skeleton - on the side. TAB - another skeleton - almost back from my position. TAB again - another skeleton!! WHAT? I'm right in front of it. The Lich is as tall as the Mausoleum it came from. And the system keeps targeting skeletons?

I don't want to comment here how the "targeting" system works under water. I spend few minutes every day hunting kraits for raising my kills on the aquatic weapons (the keys are the add-on). GRRR !! Every time a krait is just in front of me but my target is lost and I stop attacking. But I will never miss a crab or a neutral creature around even if I stay still and the krait is not moving!

Annoying at best. And a very mysterious behavior.

@"Cristalyan.5728" said:I don't think we can find a clear rule for autotargeting and for TAB target switch.

In Labyrinth, at Lich, even if I fixed my target, I lose it if I move at a sligthiest angle from it. But I lose it every time when it spawns the skeletons. I was right in front of it. Target switched from the Lich to a skeleton - on the side. TAB - another skeleton - almost back from my position. TAB again - another skeleton!! WHAT? I'm right in front of it. The Lich is as tall as the Mausoleum it came from. And the system keeps targeting skeletons?

I don't want to comment here how the "targeting" system works under water. I spend few minutes every day hunting kraits for raising my kills on the aquatic weapons (the keys are the add-on). GRRR !! Every time a krait is just in front of me but my target is lost and I stop attacking. But I will never miss a crab or a neutral creature around even if I stay still and the krait is not moving!

Annoying at best. And a very mysterious behavior.

Its tiered. Untargetted it picks the highest rarity first, and then works its way down using proximity as tie breaker. If you already have a target, it biases toward that rarity for the next one. I'm uncertain if it pre-orders that list or not, but it does follow a pattern thats hard to see when theres a lot of targets available.

Click targeting's problem is that the click box of the target almost never matches the physical shape of the target, and it scales inconsistently when mobs sizes are scaled up. This exacerbates the natural problem of objects overlapping on screen, since it has no depth perception.