Is there anything to do with the permastealth thief

anduriell.6280

@anduriell.6280 said:daredevils or deadeyes, they all can kill you from stealth in an slipt of a second, and finish you while in stealth.They are a plage right now. You can't roam anywhere because you'll be forced to fight with at least 2 of those every single cap.

Is anything being done to balance stealth?

Stealth themed class kills from stealth. More news at 11.

then I start play as thief I was sure that I can press 1 button and get non-breaked stealth all time. No, I get fail.You should not-stop spam skils refuge/blast/...etc .. Oh. Not for me.This is hard job for skilled players. Why we try steal this cake from them ?

OP you will never get a decent answer in here, everyone thinks stealth is fine in the game. Who cares if someone can one shot another from stealth or dodge forever? Anet does not care and classes that have stealth or passive that saves them will mock you for telling something is broken and should be removed from the game.

If a char has access to a build that has no counters and requires so litle brain usage to get the best results Anet thinks its ok until it gets broken in PVE also and makes the players using those said builds think they are too good.

Just take comfort in knowing they probably are limited to that skill level, press stealth button, one shot and run around like a headless chicken happy with the accomplishment.

@anduriell.6280 said:daredevils or deadeyes, they all can kill you from stealth in an slipt of a second, and finish you while in stealth.They are a plage right now. You can't roam anywhere because you'll be forced to fight with at least 2 of those every single cap.

Is anything being done to balance stealth?

And let's not forget the idiotic move ANET did by giving them a portal ability. Now we've been reduced to chasing perma stealth thieves in keeps and SMC even more. Takes the fun out of WvW.

@Caedmon.6798 said:Blobs or raids,they can all you kill you when you solo roam in a slipt of a second, and finish you with mounts. They are a plague since 2012. You cant roam anywhere on a non stealth spec without being ganked by a blob.

Is anything being done to balance this ?

u dont have to go towards the blob on a non-stealth class (and btw there is also a mount :p )

I don't really have a huge problem with stealth in general. There is a limited counter in revealed. However, Shadow Meld seems to be a bit over the top with completely preventing what limited counter to stealth there is. There's what, 4 skills in the whole game that can pull someone out of stealth and 4 that need a target and can only be used pre-emptively? Most are limited to particular elite specs too. You manage to wait for the right time, manage to predict movement and stay within the 600 unit range of the stealthed player and land one of the reveals, and then LOL, shadow meld, better luck next time.

@thehipone.6812 said:I don't really have a huge problem with stealth in general. There is a limited counter in revealed. However, Shadow Meld seems to be a bit over the top with completely preventing what limited counter to stealth there is. There's what, 4 skills in the whole game that can pull someone out of stealth and 4 that need a target and can only be used pre-emptively? Most are limited to particular elite specs too. You manage to wait for the right time, manage to predict movement and stay within the 600 unit range of the stealthed player and land one of the reveals, and then LOL, shadow meld, better luck next time.

I'd rather the DE elite kept me in the fight instead of influencing me to bail and troll. I'd take an elite that turns Kneel mode into something immediately dangerous for a few seconds or maybe some kind of strong area lockdown to protect me and shake them up while I'm in Kneel or something, and then make Death's Retreat work more like Withdraw instead of opposite direction of target because having to untarget to stealth with that skill is dumb, it's the main reason I use Meld which is kind of a waste.