Is there anything to do with the permastealth thief

anduriell.6280

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:daredevils or deadeyes, they all can kill you from stealth in an slipt of a second, and finish you while in stealth.They are a plage right now. You can't roam anywhere because you'll be forced to fight with at least 2 of those every single cap.

Is anything being done to balance stealth?

The correct question to ask is, is there anything to do with Thief Profession?

Of course,

And the correct answer is.

Delete them from the game

You know, if balance is what you're after, it would be better to delete every class except thief. That way everyone's on a level playing field.

÷1

I dont disagree with you at all. After 8 years of Thief Profession being treated as the The Golden Child Profession...why not just hand them the entire game and to be done with it right?

After all, Thief Profession are the only Profession who gets players punished-account suspended, banned for standing up against them for their toxicity in the game

In other words, no other professions in the entire game gets the community treated unfairly in the forum than Thief Profession.

So yeah! Delete every Professions except Thief Profession.

They are Entitled to have everything and to do whatever they want without having severe consequence whatsoever

-they now have Mesmer Profession portals, so next give them Ranger Professions pets...why not??

We don't belong here and never will as long Anet allows it and support it to continue

End

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:I would happily give up stealth on my thief if it meant that no other class gets it. The fact that others do seems just stupid; whether it's through ranger pets, runes, mesmer...

ye ye ye... except you're not really playing one, right? :D

That said, I agree that perma stealth -or anything close to it- shouldn't be a thing.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@anduriell.6280 said:daredevils or deadeyes, they all can kill you from stealth in an slipt of a second, and finish you while in stealth.They are a plage right now. You can't roam anywhere because you'll be forced to fight with at least 2 of those every single cap.

Of course,

You know, if balance is what you're after, it would be better to delete every class except thief. That way everyone's on a level playing field.

÷1

I dont disagree with you at all. After 8 years of Thief Profession being treated as the The Golden Child Profession...why not just hand them the entire game and to be done with it right?

After all, Thief Profession are the only Profession who gets players punished-account suspended, banned for standing up against them for their toxicity in the game

In other words, no other professions in the entire game gets the community treated unfairly in the forum than Thief Profession.

They are Entitled to have everything and to do whatever they want without having severe consequence whatsoever

-they now have Mesmer Profession portals, so next give them Ranger Professions pets...why not??

haha, you and your memes -comedy gold :lol: :+1:

• Confused 1

@Auburner.6945 said:Within 200-250 radius-ish (longer than melee weapons' radii), you're always visible to your enemy; not revealed just your camouflage is distinguishable. This will prevent melee burst from those that can do so.

For ranged, the enemy becomes revealed 0.25-0.5s before attacking, so it would solve the issue for ranged hits.

Quickness is not functional in Stealth.

The Stealth mechanic would be more of a defensive option while still holding onto its offensive aspects with some losses.

Then you'd need to replace the positional versions of Stealth Attacks with an easier and faster one hit wonder version, because a landed Backstab or Tactical Strike just won't be happening anymore unless you blow a line of utilities, Initiative, and cd's to lock someone down.

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Of course,

÷1

After all the nerfs over the years, I find it hard to call thief the golden child. Guardian fits that description much better tbh (not that I think guardians are op, but I genuinely cannot think of a time they weren't meta in all game modes, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that count).

That's a player issue, not a class issue. If someone was too vitriolic then they deserve sanctions, I've had a couple slaps on the wrist for too sharply worded comments and rightly so, I was out of line. Maybe let people take responsibility for their actions instead of projecting blame onto another sub section of the playerbase.

It's a forum, most people don't pay much attention to these anyways. It's just a game, try not to take it so seriously.

We don't belong here and never will as long Anet allows it and support it to continue

Again, this is a player made issue. If you don't like the way the game works, play another game.

End

I do acknowledge the difficulty of landing a Backstab, but seeing how I got hit by a 15k hit on a full minstrel tempest; it's just too much damage. The concept of a one-shot is not really tolerable in an MMO; in LoL, a MOBA, one-shotting is a thing because the enemy is fed, but for GW2, that isn't the case, meaning that this way of landing a kill is out of the to-be-killed's hands. That being said, sure you can make a lower damage version (Stab) for when hitting from the front while still holding onto the same Backstab as of now when within the 'Back' angle. To differentiate between a Stealthed and a non-Stealthed one, there would be an exclamation mark over the enemy.

I don't care if Backstab does a lot of damage, just the fact that you can't counter-play it is absurd. The same was said about Soulbeast's ability to maintain a 20+s of Unblockable, taking away the possibility of countering the SlB. For classes that use stealth, they should either change the whole mechanic of Stealth, or reduce attacks from when in Stealth. It may sound I focus mainly on Thief, but I got hit by a 15k Winter's Bite on a 1800 Toughness Weaver and the SlB was Stealthed. Therefore, the changes should affect all classes.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Again, this is a player made issue. If you don't like the way the game works, play another game.How is the thief getting portal a player made issue? O.o

Anyway hunting 3 grouped thieves today for like... half an hour... as they kept trying to defend and retake their bay, it is still my opinion that the stealth in itself is not really the big problem. Sure it could stand to be reduced, but thieves still die when they stealth, condi still tick, AoE still works and channeled attacks still hurt. No, the reason they where annoying and could basicly run anywhere at will even with 5-10 on them was because of teleports. Ton and tons and tons of teleport. Oh did the thief teleport? He did it again. And now he's behind you. And back to 20m in front. And there he shoots off with 2 more teleports.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Again, this is a player made issue. If you don't like the way the game works, play another game.How is the thief getting portal a player made issue? O.o

Anyway hunting 3 grouped thieves today for like... half an hour... as they kept trying to defend and retake their bay, it is still my opinion that the stealth in itself is not really the big problem. Sure it could stand to be reduced, but thieves still die when they stealth, condi still tick, AoE still works and channeled attacks still hurt. No, the reason they where annoying and could basicly run anywhere at will even with 5-10 on them was because of teleports. Ton and tons and tons of teleport. Oh did the thief teleport? He did it again. And now he's behind you. And back to 20m in front. And there he shoots off with 2 more teleports.

I was more responding to his attitude with that part of his post, in that if he truly feels he does not belong, why is he still here. I personally think thief portal is fun but kinda unnecessary, the old shadow trap with a true port instead of a shadowstep would have been ideal for me since I enjoyed using it to juke. That said, I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth when it comes to shiny new updates to previously niche/pointless skills (shame seal area is still a bit useless, that would have been amazing in a necro well bomb before stability stacked).

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:Its not just the backstab but the rifle condi variant is just so annoying.Invise >Mark > Binding Shadow > Spotter's Shot > Invise (rinse repeat)And that there is such skillful gameplay.

Something being annoying isn't a good reason to nerf it. Just saying

Those playing it will defend it. Just saying (WvW perspective).

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:Its not just the backstab but the rifle condi variant is just so annoying.Invise >Mark > Binding Shadow > Spotter's Shot > Invise (rinse repeat)And that there is such skillful gameplay.

most certainly will

--its us vs them--

Its the the community who want healthy competition vs Thief players who believes it doesn't apply to them

@Burnfall.9573 said:

most certainly will

--its us vs them--

Its the the community who want healthy competition vs Thief players who believes it doesn't apply to them

The thing is, you're not asking for healthy competition. You're asking for the class to be deleted as a whole. When you have serious suggestions, the thief community might start to take those suggestions seriously, but not until then.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

I don't play permastealth one shot builds or the condi deadeye build generally (for any fights lasting longer than a few seconds they're just bad, and stuff either dying pitifully or roflstomping me makes for boring fights) but I do play deadeye, and I like to test builds. I don't think this is news, if you're familiar with any of my posts. That said, my point remains, something being annoying isn't a reason to nerf it by itself. For context, I can kill condi deadeyes on my deadeye only using shadowstep and death's retreat for cleanses.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

most certainly will

--its us vs them--

The thing is, you're not asking for healthy competition. You're asking for the class to be deleted as a whole. When you have serious suggestions, the thief community might start to take those suggestions seriously, but not until then.

Here is a video of a Thief Profession player proving that stealth is not needed, i would also add; toxic builds are not needed (+1 shots, 8k-40k+ damages, Perma-Conditions, Perma Evades etc..) and in the end, it's a good start, good fight :)

This video demonstrates that a breath of new life can be a start of a new beginning...a fresh start for the game, community including Thief Profession players to cohabitate together

This is acceptable to amend Thief 7 years+ Toxicity to the game and its community

--without it, the best interest and the final verdict in dealing with Thief Profession being unhealthy to the game including to the community is to pluck the roots out, to finally pull the plug-delete thief profession once after all--

@Burnfall.9573 said:

most certainly will

--its us vs them--

Here is a video of a Thief Profession player proving that stealth is not needed, i would also add; toxic builds are not needed (+1 shots, 8k-40k+ damages, Perma-Conditions, Perma Evades etc..) and in the end, it's a good start, good fight :)

This video demonstrates that a breath of new life can be a start of a new beginning...a fresh start for the game, community including Thief Profession players to cohabitate together

This is acceptable to amend Thief 7 years+ Toxicity to the game and its community

--without it, the best interest and the final verdict in dealing with Thief Profession being unhealthy to the game including to the community is to pluck the roots out, to finally pull the plug-delete thief profession once after all--

There's a lot of mechanics in this game that aren't needed but are signature to a class's aesthetic. I get that you mostly make your posts as a joke and that you don't really take what you're saying seriously, given how you write it, but since you're mostly being repetitive and nonsensical it's getting to be spam at this point. At the least if you're going to keep posting bad staged videos in general link to them instead.

@kash.9213 said:

most certainly will

--its us vs them--

There's a lot of mechanics in this game that aren't needed but are signature to a class's aesthetic. I get that you mostly make your posts as a joke and that you don't really take what you're saying seriously, given how you write it, but since you're mostly being repetitive and nonsensical it's getting to be spam at this point. At the least if you're going to keep posting bad staged videos in general link to them instead.

'since you're mostly being repetitive and nonsensical it's getting to be spam at this point'

and what has esencial and being non repetitive has done for the game and to the community in the past 7 years and counting?

what results, changes has produced with countless of hard evidences with excruciating productive feedbacks by all players alike including new players in the past 7 years and counting?

TELL US TO OUR FACE-THE COMMUNITY FACE!!

TELL US THE WHOLE TRUTH!!

@Burnfall.9573 said:

most certainly will

--its us vs them--

Burny u claim in a favorite class post that ur favs are necro and mirage. Wheres all ur scourge is toxic designed for wvw and promotes mindless spam or condi mirage is toxic to gw2 posts? Did I miss them?For spouting off about toxicity it's funny ur two fav classes have two of the most known toxic specs historically but u fail to spout of about them during ur constant delete thief's posts lol

Can we cut the nastiness? The devs don't hate certain classes. PVP builds differ because the have no food and so on, and are built around taking and holding circles. Roaming builds and team builds both have their place in WvW, and roaming will usually beat team in small scale. Oh, and many posters play all classes, so it's dumb to pigeonhole people, IMO.

Having said all that, I do think perma stealth is not a good design element. It's not all powerful, but it makes the game more miserable for people.

For now, though, why complain? If you think perma stealth/backstab is great stuff, then play it and enjoy.