Saving Skyscales Djinn Fight: Good or poor choice to lock behind such a fight?

So currently I am trying to get the first egg for the collections that you get by talking to Grand Elder Air Djinn Dhizosai . However I've come to learn that you have to first kill all four Grand Elder Djinn just to even be given this option. I don't know how this option was decided as being balanced, since this late after the Collections have been out there is almost no one fighting them. Which I can only imagine it getting worse and worse as less and less people need the mount.

This seems like a really bad oversight by Anet honestly. Since unless you have some pretty high level players with strong gear and loadouts there is no way to continue this collection. I am currently looking at 3 players total (including myself) who are trying to just be given the option to talk to the NPCs.

Is there some sort of alternative method or is this literally it? These Grand Elder Djinn are incredibly difficult bosses to take down and when combined they become akin to a Champion enemy, which takes a tone of players to kill. So this begs the question, what happens when there aren't enough players who need the Skyscale? It's no doubt going to be harmful to any new players who want to get the mount and will deter them from doing so. Since mounts are account bound, once you have them you never need to earn them again for any other character.

I really hope Anet is willing to provide a alternative for this clear issue, since I can already tell that very few people don't need to go through these tasks anymore.

I did this fight about a month ago (which was still quite a while after the content was released).That fight is designed as a group fight, which I don't really have a problem with. I seem to recall that there was other group content needed, though other ones may be more popular.Like all group content, you may have to work a little to get people to help out. Hit up guild mates, ask on map chat (GW2 community is generally pretty helpful). It may not be possible to get a group the first try, but at some point you should be able to get enough folks together. It took a few days for myself before there was enough folks in the area to do it.

That event does have the odds stacked against it ... in a corner of the map, not near any WP, may require going through the brand. Does anyone actually play much in Vabbi excluding the two metas and maybe bounty trains?

10-15 minutes before the start of Serpent's Ire(or right after) or Vabbi event daily day would probably be the easiest time to look for help with it

@Phantoms Shadow.4512 said:Is there some sort of alternative method or is this literally it? These Grand Elder Djinn are incredibly difficult bosses to take down and when combined they become akin to a Champion enemy, which takes a tone of players to kill. So this begs the question, what happens when there aren't enough players who need the Skyscale? It's no doubt going to be harmful to any new players who want to get the mount and will deter them from doing so. Since mounts are account bound, once you have them you never need to earn them again for any other character.

Each grand elder djinn is already a champion unless you are referring to the veterans you need to kill to start the fight with the grand elder djinns. If that is the case I guess I already gave you the bad news ...

@Phantoms Shadow.4512 said:This seems like a really bad oversight by Anet honestly. Since unless you have some pretty high level players with strong gear and loadouts there is no way to continue this collection. I am currently looking at 3 players total (including myself) who are trying to just be given the option to talk to the NPCs.

Is there some sort of alternative method or is this literally it? These Grand Elder Djinn are incredibly difficult bosses to take down and when combined they become akin to a Champion enemy, which takes a tone of players to kill. So this begs the question, what happens when there aren't enough players who need the Skyscale? It's no doubt going to be harmful to any new players who want to get the mount and will deter them from doing so. Since mounts are account bound, once you have them you never need to earn them again for any other character.

The Griffen collection is still being completed even over 2 years after the addition of PoF. It requires at least 1 legendary bounty (and the facet is more difficult than the elder djins here). The fear of not finding players to complete a critical collection is unfounded.

While I'm not a fan of group events for collections, since they do see less completion once the majority of the player base moves on, it does not make the these events unfinishable.

First off, this is a MMO. Having some MMO content should be expected. You can:

• open an LFG and try to get a couple of players together to finish the event. Ideally during prime time
  • keep checking the LFG for someone elses invite for a required event
  • join a guild and ask for help
  • adapt your build and become good enough to solo the event (which is doable in almost all cases and on almost all classes)
  • ask in a lively map chat if there are players willing to help. Ideally open a LFG while at it so others who need the step too can join

None of those approaches should be surprising to players playing a MMORPG. This is not a single player game, even if most of the content is balanced on that level.

@Phantoms Shadow.4512 said:So currently I am trying to get the first egg for the collections that you get by talking to Grand Elder Air Djinn Dhizosai . However I've come to learn that you have to first kill all four Grand Elder Djinn just to even be given this option. I don't know how this option was decided as being balanced, since this late after the Collections have been out there is almost no one fighting them. Which I can only imagine it getting worse and worse as less and less people need the mount.

Use LFG, you will almost always find people willing to help (especially after the nearby meta event). Or ask the community for help. This is a MMO, so it shouldn't be too hard to get assistance. :)

I remember doing it with one other player (the first group at least), then 1 more joining us to finish the rest. And that was without using LFG etc, because the content (Skyscale) was still new.

I agree with the advice to use the LFG tool to get a group together. There's a few collections or achievements which require that event and it has the chance for some valuable drops so plenty of people have an incentive to do it, and as long as you know what you're doing it only needs a small group.

My other advice is to try to avoid starting it when Serpent's Ire or Forged with Fire are up, or about to start. I've spent a lot of time in Vabbi recently and that's the main problem I've seen with people getting the djinn event (or the ley champion) done - they're trying to get a group together on a map which is also being used to do the meta event, so it's full and no one can join their group but it's full of people doing something else so they get no help.

Although what can work is joining in with one of the meta events and then asking in map chat before/during/immediately after for people to come and do the djinn event. There will often be people in the meta event group who want to do it, or just haven't decided what to do next so they'll join in.