Teammates Health Bars in sPvP

Shooka.9712

So I've started playing support auramancer lately, And im just baffled that we can't see ally's health bar over their head like we can see enemy ones.I have to hover my mouse over them, or look at the health bars on the left while trying to figure out which of them is next to me.Is there a way to display them ? maybe something in the options i missed ?I mean this is pretty crucial, even not on support specs, you should be able to see ur allys hp bars infront of you that's kind of basic for PvP.

I want to move my healthbars ui around and thought I was able to do that before and cant figure it out again for some reason on the right side of the screen and a bit larger like gw1 seems like the proper location and size I'm wanting to try them down to the top right of my skillbar so i can look at them near the boonbar/skillbar when i see whats on recharge etc. This was wanted for support specs too.

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:I want to move my healthbars ui around and thought I was able to do that before and cant figure it out again for some reason on the right side of the screen and a bit larger like gw1 seems like the proper location and size I'm wanting to try them down to the top right of my skillbar so i can look at them near the boonbar/skillbar when i see whats on recharge etc. This was wanted for support specs too.

To my knowledge you can only change the vertical position, and this is done by dragging the chat window (click an empty space on the chat tab bar) up to make the party UI switch places with it. When it comes to customtisation, AreneNet tends to focus only on character style additions such as dyes, and gem-store outfits that can't be mixed and matched with other styles. They usually don't focus on changes for quality even when they are heavily requested by players, like saving custom builds for example. The only UI improvements you see are usually additional options in the settings which are good but also few and far between, and sudden drastic changes like the wardrobe system, gem-store UI, build interface, and most recently the entire heart of the mists. When a requested change is made possible during something they decided to introduce themselves, they don't give much heed to past requests, e.g. people wanted a 1v1 game mode instead of having to use player-enforced rules in a custom arena for so long, then five years and two expansions later they add a battle royal area in Heart of the Mists when redesigning it.

We'll likely never see UI customisation in terms of flexible custom placement of the UI components brought into the game. It's limited to swapped positions of the chat and party UI, size of chat window, size of minimap, vertical placement of mini map and size of the skill bar.

@Shooka.9712 said:So I've started playing support auramancer lately, And im just baffled that we can't see ally's health bar over their head like we can see enemy ones.I have to hover my mouse over them, or look at the health bars on the left while trying to figure out which of them is next to me.Is there a way to display them ? maybe something in the options i missed ?I mean this is pretty crucial, even not on support specs, you should be able to see ur allys hp bars infront of you that's kind of basic for PvP.

No. This is another thing (see above) that has been talked about and requested before but never added. I don't even think it ever had an Anet response. Apparently the option to always hide and always show enemy/ally names is sufficient for an aspiring competitive PvP game.

@Impact.2780 said:

@Shooka.9712 said:So I've started playing support auramancer lately, And im just baffled that we can't see ally's health bar over their head like we can see enemy ones.I have to hover my mouse over them, or look at the health bars on the left while trying to figure out which of them is next to me.Is there a way to display them ? maybe something in the options i missed ?I mean this is pretty crucial, even not on support specs, you should be able to see ur allys hp bars infront of you that's kind of basic for PvP.

No. This is another thing (see above) that has been talked about and requested before but never added. I don't even think it ever had an Anet response. Apparently the option to always hide and always show enemy/ally names is sufficient for an aspiring competitive PvP game.

I honestly can't understand it ... seeing how this game changed and added content over the years I just dont understand how we dont have those few obvious things that everyone agrees on.Seeing Allys hp bars should be a basic thing, saving build templates at least in sPvP saves so much effort, I mean it's not that Anet is being lazy here right ? do they really think these changes would be bad for the game ?

• 2 weeks later...

What baffles me most is that when you queue up with your friends for a tournament for example the health bars are actually there. So this is already there but has not found the way into "normal" sPvP and I cannot understand why. This has been requested for such a long time by now.

@Impact.2780 said:

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:I want to move my healthbars ui around and thought I was able to do that before and cant figure it out again for some reason on the right side of the screen and a bit larger like gw1 seems like the proper location and size I'm wanting to try them down to the top right of my skillbar so i can look at them near the boonbar/skillbar when i see whats on recharge etc. This was wanted for support specs too.

To my knowledge you can only change the vertical position, and this is done by dragging the chat window (click an empty space on the chat tab bar) up to make the party UI switch places with it. When it comes to customtisation, AreneNet tends to focus only on character style additions such as dyes, and gem-store outfits that can't be mixed and matched with other styles. They usually don't focus on changes for quality even when they are heavily requested by players, like saving custom builds for example. The only UI improvements you see are usually additional options in the settings which are good but also few and far between, and sudden drastic changes like the wardrobe system, gem-store UI, build interface, and most recently the entire heart of the mists. When a requested change is made possible during something they decided to introduce themselves, they don't give much heed to past requests, e.g. people wanted a 1v1 game mode instead of having to use player-enforced rules in a custom arena for so long, then five years and two expansions later they add a battle royal area in Heart of the Mists when redesigning it.

We'll likely never see UI customisation in terms of flexible custom placement of the UI components brought into the game. It's limited to swapped positions of the chat and party UI, size of chat window, size of minimap, vertical placement of mini map and size of the skill bar.

It's ridiculous that this, build saving, and so many other useful things were implemented in GW1 but then left out of GW2.

Archived