Suggestion of an Achievements that can give around 1k AP each.

Terter.4125

Many people that are coming to this game, trying it for a first time, are asking about where is the end game in Guild Wars 2.My idea is to put general achievement for Generation 1 Legendaries and Generation 2 Legendaries. Now after both gens have been released a simple achievement for each gen can be added to the game. But why so much AP coming from a single achievement ? Because you can get 50 AP each time you unlock a legendary for a first time.Simple math:

Gen 1 Legendary Collection:

• 21 Weapon skins (counting the underwater legendaries and Eternity) --> 21 skins x 50 AP each = 1050 AP

Get 2 Legendary Collection:

• 16 Weapon skins (not having underwater skins) --> 16 skins x 50 AP each = 800 AP

Why would ArenaNet would want to do that? The question is why not ? The achievements will be easy to be implemented in the game. Many people would love the extra new AP. Many new players will see those collections and would accept the challenge as a hardcore achievement. Players who already made so many legendaries will get their credits for it.

No. The current AP system is already watered down enough with those from dailies and the old monthlies.

While Legendaries are a minor facet of endgame, I don’t see collecting them as being something that new players will really focus on. This request will really only benefit those who have already started working on their collection of Legendaries.

I don't like the idea of encouraging players to see collecting legendaries as The endgame activity in GW2. I think that could lead to even more players complaining that once you get to level 80 the game is about little more than grinding gold, or buying gems to convert to gold, since that's a major part of making legendaries (especially gen 2 legendaries which don't have collections).

It's an option certainly, but there's so much more to do in this game besides making legendary weapons that I think it would be a mistake to encourage players to focus on one thing, especially when it's not the most exciting process for a lot of players. I've made 3 legendaries, I'm working on a 4th, I expect to make more later on, but I deliberately take my time with it and do other things at the same time because I know I'd get bored and/or burned out if that was my sole focus in the game. If I was new and didn't know what else was available and felt the game was pushing into making not just one legendary but all of them I'd probably lose all motivation to keep playing and go looking for a more interesting game instead. Which would be a real shame because there's a lot I do enjoy doing in this game.

There's already an achievement for unlocking legendary weapons - Legendary Collector - maybe that could be extended to keep tracking all the legendaries you can unlock instead of just the first 5. But I don't like the idea of putting any more focus on it than that, and of course players wanting to make individual legendaries because they like how they look.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

While Legendaries are a minor facet of endgame, I don’t see collecting them as being something that new players will really focus on.

@Danikat.8537 said:I don't like the idea of encouraging players to see collecting legendaries as The endgame activity in GW2.

It's all about giving more options in the game with less effort from the devs. And I'm talking about new hardcore players who walk by the game because it looks too casual to them or can't find purpous to play it. A casual new player won't find this achievement because he won't seek it. But many new players who enjoy this type of content will, and simple achievements showing them directions will help a lot.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:This request will really only benefit those who have already started working on their collection of Legendaries.

No it won't because it will give 50 AP to every new legendary you unlock.

It won’t suddenly get players to go and make more Legendaries. It’ll only benefit those that have them already or we’re going to make them anyway.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

While Legendaries are a minor facet of endgame, I don’t see collecting them as being something that new players will really focus on.

@Danikat.8537 said:I don't like the idea of encouraging players to see collecting legendaries as
The
endgame activity in GW2.

It's all about giving more options in the game with less effort from the devs. And I'm talking about new hardcore players who walk by the game because it looks too casual to them or can't find purpous to play it. A casual new player won't find this achievement because he won't seek it. But many new players who enjoy this type of content will, and simple achievements showing them directions will help a lot.

You can’t add an option that already exists. Players can already craft legendary weapons. All you’re doing is increasing the reward.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:This request will really only benefit those who have already started working on their collection of Legendaries.

It won’t suddenly get players to go and make more Legendaries. It’ll only benefit those that have them already or we’re going to make them anyway.

And where's the bad in that? Also I wonder where you are getting your statistics from or is it just an opinion.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

And where's the bad in that? Also I wonder where you are getting your statistics from or is it just an opinion.

Where are you getting your statistics from?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

I'm not giving statistics. I'm giving an idea and why it would be helpful for the game and others in my opinion.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

I'm not giving statistics. I'm giving an idea and why it would be helpful for the game and others in my opinion.

Which was what I was doing so I don’t see why the request for me to provide statistics.

Based on those who have registered on GW2efficiency, only 1% currently have 6 Legendaries or more. It’ll be less if you don’t consider that website to be representative of the player base.

Increasing the AP isn’t going to suddenly make the Legendaries more appealing to new players. This will only really appeal for AP hunters and they likely were already going to get the number needed anyway as well as complete all of the precursor collections. This isn’t something a new player would really focus on.

Crafting legendary weapons really isn’t endgame content. Endgame content would be fractals, LS, raids, and so forth. You know, stuff that you actually do.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

Which was what I was doing so I don’t see why the request for me to provide statistics.

Based on those who have registered on GW2efficiency, only 1% currently have 6 Legendaries or more. It’ll be less if you don’t consider that website to be representative of the player base.

Increasing the AP isn’t going to suddenly make the Legendaries more appealing to new players. This will only really appeal for AP hunters and they likely were already going to get the number needed anyway as well as complete all of the precursor collections. This isn’t something a new player would really focus on.

Crafting legendary weapons really isn’t endgame content. Endgame content would be fractals, LS, raids, and so forth. You know, stuff that you actually do.

Wow, i didnt realize i was part of the 1%

7 years into the game i would have expected alot large portion of the playerbase to have more than 6 legendaries o_O

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

7 years into the game i would have expected alot large portion of the playerbase to have more than 6 legendaries o_O

You're looking at around 12K gold for that many and people struggle to have 1K gold. The average player is fairly poor.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

You're looking at around 12K gold for that many and people struggle to have 1K gold. The average player is fairly poor.

I suppose so. 4 of mine ive made with the stuff ive farmed and salvaged(Plus the gold ive earned.) Was a Bday present from a friend, and the other one was a gen 2 legendary that i just..dumped all my mithril and wood into, i feel like 6 is easily doable(one per year).

Extending Legendary Collector would be okay in my opinion, but for something arbitrary such as 5ap, certainly not 50.

When you add something worth 50ap to the game, you are encouraging players to go for it. In this case, you'd be encouraging people to craft every legendary weapon (37 total, probably around 60k gold, maybe more?). 50ap is substantial and there are plenty of completionists and achievement hunters in the game. This is adding an unrealistic goal, only benefiting the very casual player and the extremely rich player. It's encouraging insane grinding and the game would be better off without it.

Anything promoting unhealthy game activity (I count extreme grinding as this) makes the game worse off.