How to beat a daredevil as a warrior?

hammu.1752

They have high burst cuz their a burst class and stealth cuz that's part of thier defense as they're glass even when built for sustain.U as a warrior with more innate tankyness can choose to run zerk and still have decent sustain and bursts very similar to thief, try it. Did u expect the thief to stay and fight u face to face without using his defensive mechanic against ur warrior? Be a stupid thief if he did lol

Yes mate, oc i expected them facetank me cos any1 in this game can facetank every1. I'm talking about existing mechanics, not intelligence of thief players.And my ignorance about other classes doesn't mean i don't know mine, been here warrioring since launch.

My point being, and this is just my opinion, in full zerk gear i cannot hit a heavy armor class for 13-20k per strike like glassy thieves can, that would be ok, BUT they can burst those amounts WHILE having endless evades AND stupid invisibility. I'm not feeling quite tanky when i'm being backstabbed from stealth for 20k+, warrior being all in all in a good position and balance atm nevertheless. I'm straying out of topic here but imo thieves bursts ain't in a place where they should be as long as stupid invisibility still exists. And like some1 already said, probably hundreds of times, mirages are a different story altogether. Doesn't sound quite healthy design to me if ppl won't bother fighting some classes because they don't have a chance against them.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:A good thread but I'll add, remember that Warrior also has generous access to Weakness.

It does? Hammer #2 call to arms and mace aa?

Traits..? Which are the backbone of any build, really..

Why would you take Body Blow over Forceful Greatsword? I mean, if they increased the bleed stacks to something high enough to turn Hammer and Mace into condi weapons then sure... Cull the weak itself only works when the target is below 50% health.

Well, to be blunt, this isn't PvE.

Taking Forceful Greatsword isn't going to help you stop a Thief who is evading too much. It's logistics, if your problem is that you can't land any damage due to invulnerability frames, increasing DPS won't help, and will only help slightly if you manage to lock them down.

PvP isn't about min/maxing, its about countering your opponent's build..

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:A good thread but I'll add, remember that Warrior also has generous access to Weakness.

It does? Hammer #2 call to arms and mace aa?

Traits..? Which are the backbone of any build, really..

Why would you take Body Blow over Forceful Greatsword? I mean, if they increased the bleed stacks to something high enough to turn Hammer and Mace into condi weapons then sure... Cull the weak itself only works when the target is below 50% health.

Well, to be blunt, this isn't PvE.

Taking Forceful Greatsword isn't going to help you stop a Thief who is evading too much. It's logistics, if your problem is that you can't land any damage due to invulnerability frames, increasing DPS won't help, and will only help slightly if you manage to lock them down.

PvP isn't about min/maxing, its about countering your opponent's build..

Uhh, if you cant land your cc body blows wont do anything either (you just said you wont hit with higher dps trait aswell)

Forcefull gs lower your gs3 attack, which can be used as dodge to mitigate dmg

Forceful gs with mmr gives you more sustain and dodges.

You have to burst a thief down with big hits or else he will always reset a fight, meaning that you will eventually lose, because warrior cant reset as easily, when the thief has the upper hand.

Even if you get weakness on the thief, it will just prolong the fight, nothing more.

I just am clue less and lucky I guess. I've been playing a lot of spellbreaker in pvp lately and gues DD in gold play a lot diff than plat cuz I usually come out on top in any engagements vs DD or thieves unless the get the jump on me or a DE bursts me from a ledge due to my poor map awareness at the time or stealth. Even than I start focusing them lol as a lot of DE's don't disengage well lol. I've only been playing splb for 4 months or so so I can say pretty confidently that most of the warriors in these posts are more skilled than me and yet I honestly find all specs off thieves fairly easy to fight on splb but guessing cuz I'm crap gold and lucky lol

• 1 month later...

Well considering bit really takes 2 hits to kill a thief on warrior it's kind of fair they should be able to run away. Generally thieves only carry 2 stun breaks. Once that's done bulls charge hundred blades gg.

Yes u won't be able to kill a smart thief that runs and resets but that's just how the game works.

With Berserker, Head butt-> Savage Instinct, Eternal Champion. break out of your own stun with Stability-> F1, F1, game over.

Even if they use a stunbreak, it won't save them, because stealth can't escape massive damage AoE attacks. They might get really lucky and stunbreak then Withdraw or another retreat skill, if they have it equipped, but that's about it.~

The combination of Head butt and those two traits is extremely dangerous..

@Hannelore.8153 said:With Berserker, Head butt-> Savage Instinct, Eternal Champion. break out of your own stun with Stability-> F1, F1, game over.

Even if they use a stunbreak, it won't save them, because stealth can't escape massive damage AoE attacks. They might get really lucky and stunbreak then Withdraw or another retreat skill, if they have it equipped, but that's about it.~

The combination of Head butt and those two traits is extremely dangerous..

Eternal Champion isn't needed, just Savage Instinct. Rousing Resilience is good though for the extra healing and toughness. This would be a great comb if you use their CC on you to break stun with Headbutt then Savage Instinct to break your own CC for an extra 4-5k ish healing.

The only issue would be if they have the evasion trait at 50% health.

Headbutt->Savage Instinct -> Arc Divider/Gunflame/Decapitate works well on most players you'll encounter. The classes that have passive evasion/immunity at 50% health will be slight problems depending on when pop Berserk Mode. Headbutt is easiest to hit with if used more to the middle of a fight, and while very close to the opponent.

That may work once but smart thievs dont random use steal, this is very powerful vs berserkers since steal into zerkermode after head but will stall them giving theif time to stun break and dodge away (since daredevil is mentioned, dash away which is 450 units)

Anyway biggest threat to daredevil is range pressure or even ranged burst, fresh air ele, soul beast, gun lame warrior...anything that can range is very useful against a theif

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:That may work once but smart thievs dont random use steal, this is very powerful vs berserkers since steal into zerkermode after head but will stall them giving theif time to stun break and dodge away (since daredevil is mentioned, dash away which is 450 units)

Anyway biggest threat to daredevil is range pressure or even ranged burst, fresh air ele, soul beast, gun lame warrior...anything that can range is very useful against a theif

Except that most warriors, zerker or no, have at least one other stunbreak, and they'll then be in Bmode with higher damage output and then they're in a game of catch the thief. You are right though that anything range is a good way to take care of a thief or DD, which is why LameFlame is in my other weapon set.