Potential Future Balance Changes - WvW

Cal Cohen.2358

This video makes no sense cos this person hasn't played Necro specs in WvW.L2P issue there.

You're wrong. Kroof is very experienced and knowledgeable of the Necromancer Profession with including all the other Professions.

Kroof has been was part of guild wars 2 beta including myself and many others.

In all conclusion, 'let haters hate, truth is infasable, immovable, unstoppable.....carry on"

She goes "Staff..throwing down 4 marks is pretty boring."One needs to know how useful staff is in wvw and countless times its saved me with skill 4.The clip is pve oriented, no need to post that in a wvw forum.

Honestly. In my opinion, they should rework staff. To make it a less spammy 1200 range "red carpet"weapon.Make it a weapon thats not leaving those marks behind.Weapon cast should instantaneously do something. Not cast skill > puts down basically I visible trap at 1200 range.

Also I don't know, why people post videos from 2018.A lot changed, and at the same time, nothing changed.

This video makes no sense cos this person hasn't played Necro specs in WvW.L2P issue there.

You're wrong. Kroof is very experienced and knowledgeable of the Necromancer Profession with including all the other Professions.

Kroof has been was part of guild wars 2 beta including myself and many others.

In all conclusion, 'let haters hate, truth is infasable, immovable, unstoppable.....carry on"

She goes "Staff..throwing down 4 marks is pretty boring."One needs to know how useful staff is in wvw and countless times its saved me with skill 4.The clip is pve oriented, no need to post that in a wvw forum.

Honestly. In my opinion, they should rework staff. To make it a less spammy 1200 range "red carpet"weapon.Make it a weapon thats not leaving those marks behind.Weapon cast should instantaneously do something. Not cast skill > puts down basically I visible trap at 1200 range.

Also I don't know, why people post videos from 2018.A lot changed, and at the same time, nothing changed.

Here are some staff ideas!

@Swagger.1459 said:Skill 1- Speed up the projectile and up the damage. 1,200 range.

Skill 2-5- These skills become fast moving targeted AoE “spectral energy” blasts, that hit 3 targets max. Up the damage and add some secondary effects from the current skills to make them unique. 1,200 range.

OR....

Skill 1- Speed up the projectile and up the direct damage. 1,200 range.

Skill 2- This skill become a fast moving targeted AoE “spectral energy” blast, that Bleeds enemies. 3 targets max. Up the direct damage. 1,200 range.

Skill 3- This skill becomes a ground target skill that moves the Necro. AoE “spectral energy” blast where the Necro lands. 3 targets max. 1,200 range.

Skill 4- This skill become a fast moving targeted AoE “spectral energy” blast, that Chills and Poisons enemies. Up the direct damage. 3 targets max. 1,200 range.

Skill 5- This skills become a PBAoE “spectral energy” blast that Fears enemies. 3 targets max. Up the direct damage.

These suggestions make for a better power based weapon, with fast offensive skills, a movement utility and doesn’t take away the aoe features of the weapon.

Dear those scourge main, I know it's hard to accept the upcoming nerfbut for the sake of WvW you should embrace it.Scourge actually deserves hard nerf like this.Imagine you want a new kind of gameplay but you dont dare to nerf the most problematic class.We won't go anywhere.

Even the scourge gets nerfed, it doesnt mean you have nothing to do with necro.You guys just have been spoiled by Scourge for too long since PoF launch.You still remember that you got Reaper, right? and you did play it before the Scourge come.

Also I would like to ask Anet to nerf one more thing like Hammer Rev so that it encourages the gameplay to be more melee.Because pirateship and cloud playstyle are sick and boring.

@"fewfield.7802" said:Dear those scourge main, I know it's hard to accept the upcoming nerfbut for the sake of WvW you should embrace it.Scourge actually deserves hard nerf like this.Imagine you want a new kind of gameplay but you dont dare to nerf the most problematic class.We won't go anywhere.

Even the scourge gets nerfed, it doesnt mean you have nothing to do with necro.You guys just have been spoiled by Scourge for too long since PoF launch.You still remember that you got Reaper, right? and you did play it before the Scourge come.

Also I would like to ask Anet to nerf one more thing like Hammer Rev so that it encourages the gameplay to be more melee.Because pirateship and cloud playstyle are sick and boring.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

So, only blob vs blob exists in WvW?

So, nerfing multi-situation viable build to the floor is now a "new gamplay - embrace it"?

"You still have Reaper" - So you are saying that it's okay because Necromancer has only one viable build which is only for small scale fights. Meanwhile every other class has around 2-3 or more viable builds for every gameplay in WvW.

Welp, downgrading WvW into EotM is not a good thing.

But who knows, since Anet believes that's the way to go - at least that's what the development of WvW for past couple of years have shown us.

@Tao.5096 said:

@"fewfield.7802" said:Dear those scourge main, I know it's hard to accept the upcoming nerfbut for the sake of WvW you should embrace it.Scourge actually deserves hard nerf like this.Imagine you want a new kind of gameplay but you dont dare to nerf the most problematic class.We won't go anywhere.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

So, nerfing multi-situation viable build to the floor is now a "new gamplay - embrace it"?

"You still have Reaper" - So you are saying that it's okay because Necromancer has only one viable build which is only for small scale fights. Meanwhile every other class has around 2-3 or more viable builds for every gameplay in WvW.

But who knows, since Anet believes that's the way to go - at least that's what the development of WvW for past couple of years have shown us.

LolNecro can run all traitlinesStops the qq and try IT out

Maybe 'youll learn something

I think "corrupt boon" and vice versa (scrapper purity of purpose) is the problem here. What if it changes to like, remove boon, then apply maybe torment stacks for every boon removed, then for scrapper maybe cleanse then apply protection (duration increase per condition cleansed)? Of course other classes will need to readjust the boon application too.

I don't think more nerfs for scepter on necro/scourge is needed, as there is enough counter play even in messy large scale fights, but shades definitely need toning down, especially after the last Sand savant change.

Do we really want these fights to become melee boon balls, with revs and necros with less boon corruption. Will that mean we need to have more shoutbreakers to yolo bubble, along with necro wells and ghastly breach? Then again, I guess scourges can switch to MH axe for the melee range boon corrupts.

Oh and it would be nice to finally fix coalescence of ruin.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Tao.5096 said:

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Not WvW they can't, not to even be remotely effective. Minion mancer for example, one rev hammer annhilates the minion group. But sure hey we can run minion mancer.

That's the one thing someone can tell when they see someone in WvW who doesn't know what they're doing, both with the build they're running and their mannerisms. They take a build which they think they perfected, come in to WvW thinking they'll roam or jump in small scale, then repeatedly become a speed bump to enemy while being shunned away and completely ineffective for their team.

The thing now is it's a lot more apparent as many vets leave. As new players come in and aren't entirely sure what they should be doing, they "think" their build or trait lines being used are effective when in reality they are anything but. Even to vet players this happens (the ones who think they all need to stick to the commanders butt like glue), but in reality, all they become is cannon fodder to people carrying banners.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@Tao.5096 said:

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Not WvW they can't, not to even be remotely effective. Minion mancer for example, one rev hammer annhilates the minion group. But sure hey we can run minion mancer.

That's the one thing someone can tell when they see someone in WvW who doesn't know what they're doing, both with the build they're running and their mannerisms. They take a build which they think they perfected, come in to WvW thinking they'll roam or jump in small scale, then repeatedly become a speed bump to enemy while being shunned away and completely ineffective for their team.

The thing now is it's a lot more apparent as many vets leave. As new players come in and aren't entirely sure what they should be doing, they "think" their build or trait lines being used are effective when in reality they are anything but. Even to vet players this happens (the ones who think they all need to stick to the commanders butt like glue), but in reality, all they become is cannon fodder to people carrying banners.

I said traitlines...not builds and yeah if there's 1 trait within death Magic they cant run doesn't mean the traitline is useless

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@Tao.5096 said:

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I said traitlines...not builds and yeah if there's 1 trait within death Magic they cant run doesn't mean the traitline is useless

you should say: you can use any traitline on any class.

But that doesn't make you useful or make it a good build (not looking at stats here)Sorry to tell you but for example: deathmagic, bloodmagic, reaper is an utter trash build. You CAN run it, but it's really really BAD. (Best example for a bad build, but they exist on other classes as well)

Sorry to tell you.

Biggest part of wvw is group oriented content.And this build won't give anything to the group.-you loose corrupts-your self-sustain is still bad (you won't ever outsustain even 2-3 people hitting you)-your dmg will be bad-your support is bad

And even in roaming - this build is trash.

Normally you take the traitlines that give you the most benefit. There's maybe only 10% of the cases, when you take a "bad traitline".

In this case: you do have enough dmg to kill enemies and the only thing you are really missing is condi cleanses and lf generation. but you don't want to give up certain utility skills. Then you might choose to play bloodmagic for the unholy martyr trait.

Does this make the traitline a good traitline? - in my opinion by far not.Cause every other trait in the traitline is pretty useless on a power build for example

@Tao.5096 said:

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

In zerg fight, Necro has only one viable spec anyway and it's Scourge.We barely have reaper/core necro in squads for years because Scourge is too broken.That's why the nerf is needed.

@fewfield.7802 said:

@Tao.5096 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:Dear those scourge main, I know it's hard to accept the upcoming nerfbut for the sake of WvW you should embrace it.Scourge actually deserves hard nerf like this.Imagine you want a new kind of gameplay but you dont dare to nerf the most problematic class.We won't go anywhere.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

In zerg fight, Necro has only one viable spec anyway and it's Scourge.We barely have reaper/core necro in squads for years because Scourge is too broken.That's why the nerf is needed.

I mean i agree with you IT needs a nerf

Dont tunnelvision Just towards blobs because 'blobfights' are boring and most blobbers cant fight alone; thus barely know what traitlines mean

@fewfield.7802 said:

@Tao.5096 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:Dear those scourge main, I know it's hard to accept the upcoming nerfbut for the sake of WvW you should embrace it.Scourge actually deserves hard nerf like this.Imagine you want a new kind of gameplay but you dont dare to nerf the most problematic class.We won't go anywhere.

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Yeah. The nerf is needed. But why are people trying to completely kill scourge for wvw? I thought the goal is to open up for other classes and specs to be played.But this change doesn't only nerf dmg/corruptbot scourge. It also hardnerfs support scourge that's already a not so good build in wvw.

It's just another "nerf in order to nerf"-patch without really looking at other possible builds.

So we are nerfing other support builds, even though they're not that strong in order to keep firebrand as the supreme support being?

That's exactly the opposite of opening up for different builds and classes!

Hi Cal,So have you lookend into stealth?Hopefully!Its becoming less and less fun to my guild to run this perms stealth thieves.You know, hit once -> disengage, hit once -> disengage, hit once -> disengage, hit once -> disenage -> dodge -> dodge to collect your lootbag.Boring.Maybe a reliable counterplay to stealth? Or return to the concept that you can only stealth once (high risk high reward thingy?)

And those Stance warriors...Seriously one warrior can stall a zerg because of non removable mechanic with no counterplay.G GGive them a breakbar (spaghetti code? -> give them barrier insted), and prevent them from stalling cap rings with Prevents Capture-Point Contribution.

And those Mirages!When the Infinite Horizon combined with Deceptive Evasion will be fixed?Now it does 33% less damage that is supposed to as one of our Easly Destroyable Resource (aka clone) gest replaced before it may execute an attack.This is ablolutely unplayable.

Love to hear!

@Xion.5694 said:Hi Cal,So have you lookend into stealth?Hopefully!Its becoming less and less fun to my guild to run this perms stealth thieves.You know, hit once -> disengage, hit once -> disengage, hit once -> disengage, hit once -> disenage -> dodge -> dodge to collect your lootbag.Boring.Maybe a reliable counterplay to stealth? Or return to the concept that you can only stealth once (high risk high reward thingy?)

And those Stance warriors...Seriously one warrior can stall a zerg because of non removable mechanic with no counterplay.G GGive them a breakbar (spaghetti code? -> give them barrier insted), and prevent them from stalling cap rings with Prevents Capture-Point Contribution.

And those Mirages!When the Infinite Horizon combined with Deceptive Evasion will be fixed?Now it does 33% less damage that is supposed to as one of our Easly Destroyable Resource (aka clone) gest replaced before it may execute an attack.This is ablolutely unplayable.

Love to hear!

Ah, yes. Buff mirage, nerf everything else. TOTALLY not biased. Mhmmm.

@fewfield.7802 said:Even the scourge gets nerfed, it doesnt mean you have nothing to do with necro.That's right, Necro is perfect for holding stacks of Tomes of Knowledge and Obsidian Shards on the bizarre offchance that Arenanet goes back to requiring ancient materials in it's new content (hint: it won't).

jk.

I agree with the changes, I think 5 target cap is vital for mitigation (obviously). It would be nice to see Necro being thrown a bone in some regard.. a Throne OF Bone would be suitable, I think.

@"scerevisiae.1972" said:Agree with the 5 target cap. The fundamental issue with WVW is the same one that's been there since the beginning -- some classes/specs are highly in demand, because they have better heals or no target AOE, and the rest are more or less unplayable.

I concede that many builds/classes aren't zerg-appropriate atm, but no class is "more or less unplayable" in WvW. Everybody has something to offer - scouts, ninjas, gankers/blockers.[edit] even the worst player can carry supply!