Any core players still out there?

Damocles.4908

I've been playing a Radiant Guardian using Greatsword and One hand sword and focus with Valkyrie Runes. It does pretty well because of the high damage it does and it has a ok sustain with the healing meditations. I don't use Hammer because I like the light aura from the gs leap and I like the extra cond cleanse from Absolute Resolution. But many Core specs don't have traits as strong as those Radiance traits whle under retaliation. If they ever nerf those traits in any way that would be the death of the build.

I came back to the game from pre-HoT, and playing core d/d ele currently in this meta is clearly poor judgement. Being melee and relying on boons, having minimum 1-2 scourges AND spellbreakers on the enemy team is also very painful and demoralizing.

I still run a core PU Mesmer some of the time. Mirage is somewhat underwhelming other than the condi clear on the grand master trait.

Chrono was ruined for me when ANET gave away our unique skill, ( alacrity. ) Besides, I never wanted to be a "sword and board" fighter. I'd have chosen Guardian. So yeah.. core Mesmer.

I'm playing pu mes power but as mirage for ambush on gsword seems to add quite a bit of damage. Its not much different from core pretty much the same thing but can take advantage of on use elite runes due to jaunt. I want a mesmer remake of mechanics the expacks did nothing for me, interrupt traits should be buffed, furious possibly removed from grandmaster and brought down into mid level and a redo of mechanics to fit an interrupt style once the traits are brought up to where they should be, its more rewarding to spam powerspike dmaage than to wait and possibly miss powerblock damage + other procs on rupts.

I have a core alt account and i usually do pvp dailies with necro or guardian. Got a similar build to "vampiric greatsword" for my core necro and it's pretty fun to play with. Nowadays nobody expect a direct damage burst from a necro, so you get a "surprise effect" and you take advantage from this. Core guardian radiance with hammer-sword/focus is also a good choice versus spellbreakers or scourges....when you "banish" them it's a pleasure :)

@ZhouX.8742 said:core s/d thief is good, core warrior can beat spellbreakers , core ranger is a good 1on1 but gets 1upped too easily over druid

My alt core account has a warrior and I constantly beat Spellbreakers. All I have to do is dodge their FC or avoid attacking. Then I can beat them with my burst and out sustain them.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

core s/d thief is good, core warrior can beat spellbreakers , core ranger is a good 1on1 but gets 1upped too easily over druid

I admit still struggle evening with dodging counter against spellbeakers, but I kinda learnt that if u stun them once, wait till last stand is over then keep them pinned with other stuns and knock backs

@Malicious.3716 said:

@ZhouX.8742 said:core s/d thief is good, core warrior can beat spellbreakers , core ranger is a good 1on1 but gets 1upped too easily over druid

My alt core account has a warrior and I constantly beat Spellbreakers. All I have to do is dodge their FC or avoid attacking. Then I can beat them with my burst and out sustain them.

yes might makes right carries core warrior , but core vs spellbreaker generally takes too long for conquest as core warrior would simply get 1upped and spellbreaker does much better against 1ups because of FC, generally just strict 1v1 duels or wvw roaming.

Archived