Nice "fix" to deadly ambition — trait is broken

dDuff.3860

League of Legends solved the passive proc whit the third attack rule, look at lets say Vayne she hits large on the third hit, so if thieves had to hit lets say 3 basic attacks on one target to apply the poison it would be fare, since it puts the large spike of damage only if the thief is in a risky situation instead of the current tp in tp out or hit once dodge dodge run away. Currently even if the thief misses the first attack the next one that doesn't will apply the stacks so there isn't much counterplay to it and just dodge doesn't work. The only defense against it is passive in some manner more hp to tank it and playing fully defensive build so one way or the other this crap is harming the game since either you play cheesy thief(or what ever passive safe condition build you think of) or you play cheesy bunker.

• ArenaNet Staff

We're looking at this now, and we know what happened. We had fixed this twice. Once on the build that went out last week and once in a hotfix build. Rather than the changes overwriting each other, they combined. We're not yet sure when we'll be able to get a fix, but we're looking into it now.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We're looking at this now, and we know what happened. We had fixed this twice. Once on the build that went out last week and once in a hotfix build. Rather than the changes overwriting each other, they combined. We're not yet sure when we'll be able to get a fix, but we're looking into it now.

People are abusing this bug in there droves in pvp, its pretty crazy how one bug can make pvp matches so unhealthy.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We're looking at this now, and we know what happened. We had fixed this twice. Once on the build that went out last week and once in a hotfix build. Rather than the changes overwriting each other, they combined. We're not yet sure when we'll be able to get a fix, but we're looking into it now.

Hi Ben,So can you just run it off in PvP like the IC for mesmer?Thank you.

@Poledra Val.1490 said:

People are abusing this bug in there droves in pvp, its pretty crazy how one bug can make pvp matches so unhealthy.

Thief Profession in itself is abusive and so unhealthy...why not either redesign them from the ground up or better; completely remove them??

-Side Note-( there was a thread about a player encountering a Thief Profession player attacking and mounting mounts. Just about 4 minutes ago: i encountered that in wvw- Anet can check my log as proof. This Thief Profession Player was able to hop in and out of his mount and attacking me with lasers. I attacked him and he was in my line of sight)

How can you mount while attacking than remount over and over again? Shouldn't you not be able to not mount while attacking or has that changed?

(Yes also i am very aware and i believe Anet is also aware that there is an abuse by some Thief Profession players being able to use mounts as portals...perhaps that is what happened?)

@Burnfall.9573 said:

Thief Profession in itself is abusive and so unhealthy...why not either redesign them from the ground up or better; completely remove them??

-Side Note-( there was a thread about a player encountering a Thief Profession player attacking and mounting mounts. Just about 4 minutes ago: i encountered that in wvw- Anet can check my log as proof. This Thief Profession Player was able to hop in and out of his mount and attacking me with lasers. I attacked him and he was in my line of sight)

How can you mount while attacking than remount over and over again? Shouldn't you
not
be able to not mount while attacking or has that changed?

(Yes also i am very aware and i believe Anet is also aware that there is an abuse to some Thief Profession players being able to use mounts as portals...perhaps that is what happened?)

I've heard a couple different players talk about a new hack program that lets you stay out of combat while being in combat. They say it is an alternative to speed hack now because it makes you just look like you're using a rune of speed. I am unsure to if this rumor is true or not, but if it is, it may explain how a player is mounting whenever he wants while being combat.

@Asuran.5469 said:

How can you mount while attacking than remount over and over again? Shouldn't you
not
be able to not mount while attacking or has that changed?

(Yes also i am very aware and i believe Anet is also aware that there is an abuse to some Thief Profession players being able to use mounts as portals...perhaps that is what happened?)

I've heard a couple different players talk about a new hack program that lets you stay out of combat while being in combat. They say it is an alternative to speed hack now because it makes you just look like you're using a rune of speed. I am unsure to if this rumor is true or not, but if it is, it may explain how a player is mounting whenever he wants while being combat.

It make sense. I believe it

-And that is why we begged them to not include mounts and they did anyway-

@Glass Hand.7306 said:

I have a guild mate who likes Thief so much that is the only profession he has in his account.. Deleting them would certainly be a shock.

Better to redesign.

Or I think some people need to except that some playstyles u juat may not like to play or play against and just ask for it to be in line with rest of game. I dislike fighting all specs of mesmers cuz I dislike fighting the clone spam playstyle but I'd never ask for it to be out right deleted or completely reworked just cuz I dislike it as there's tons of players that enjoy it and who am I to say I don't like it so remove it from the game and screw people who do like it lolThat's pretty bad.

Nobody is suggesting that thief should be removed from the game in fact its laughable that anyone should suggest it Anet would never sanction that. What frustrates everyone right now is the sheer number of people abusing condie thief. This class back in the day required a lot of skill to learn now its just a full blown gimmick and its up to Anet to at the very least fix bugs and nerf things which make pvp an absolute hell hole to play atm.