PvE Open world build

ruikarikun.9402

Staff is one of the slowest weapons, it's good for killing "trash" mobs (if they're packed), but bunch of veterans might reach you before you kill them. + Encounters with more mobs for different directions would be difficult to survive as an elementalist (especialy if you play glass cannon). If you want to play this way, choose tempest (shout skills are great for defense) or weaver (more skills).

But of one of the best builds for open world is Tempest Auramancer.My personal OW build is Fire Sword Weaver (Trailblazer's Gear mixed with Apothecary). This is for soloing every content in game (champs, bounties, dungeons, fractals). Its Fire/Earth or Fire/Water.

@"Antycypator.9874" said:But of one of the best builds for open world is Tempest Auramancer.My personal OW build is Fire Sword Weaver (Trailblazer's Gear mixed with Apothecary). This is for soloing every content in game (champs, bounties, dungeons, fractals). Its Fire/Earth or Fire/Water.Can you please give link to your build by en.gw2skills.net/editor/ or other way when you will have time? :)

@"Antycypator.9874" said:Staff is one of the slowest weapons, it's good for killing "trash" mobs (if they're packed), but bunch of veterans might reach you before you kill them. + Encounters with more mobs for different directions would be difficult to survive as an elementalist (especialy if you play glass cannon). If you want to play this way, choose tempest (shout skills are great for defense) or weaver (more skills).

But of one of the best builds for open world is Tempest Auramancer.My personal OW build is Fire Sword Weaver (Trailblazer's Gear mixed with Apothecary). This is for soloing every content in game (champs, bounties, dungeons, fractals). Its Fire/Earth or Fire/Water.

@"Antycypator.9874" said:Staff is one of the slowest weapons, it's good for killing "trash" mobs (if they're packed), but bunch of veterans might reach you before you kill them. + Encounters with more mobs for different directions would be difficult to survive as an elementalist (especialy if you play glass cannon). If you want to play this way, choose tempest (shout skills are great for defense) or weaver (more skills).

I fully agree with this.Staff is almost perfect for melee mobs because you have a lot of tools to kite them, it can be extremely fun to deal with 10+ mobs. Ranged mobs can down you in no time, especially in personal story. Sure you have magnetic aura, but then? Now, you can mix staff with cantrips and earth shield, but I have more success with dagger/dagger with celestial stats.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwuYSsJmJOKXZvSA-zRRYoRD7N4yIwCo0EwhB-eThis is the condi fire weaver build i use for most open world pve. You can swap a lot of things around depending on what works for you. For instance you could still do very well with some cheap rabid/carrion gear. Traits can be swapped if you want more survivability or damage. As an elementalist your survivability still depends on good positioning and timing dodges, but with this build you have a lot of passive healing and defense. If you go full dps stats like viper or berserker, you wont have very good survivability.

If you want to use staff, you should probably use a power build with marauder/berserker gear. Ive played staff weaver a lot in wvw, but in pve i would probably use a fresh air build. With this build you are very glassy and need to be decent at kiting if you want to survive. I would use something like:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlJwUYIMKmJO6KrvMA-zRJYiRBfZ0WCURBY7A-e

Tempest is very good at aoe in large events with either staff or x/warhorn. My personal favourite build is scepter/focus fresh air, but its more of a pvp build. The great thing about elementalist is there are a lot of builds you can try which all have very different playstyles. Your ability to do damage and survive is very dependent on player skill and understanding how your build works.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEsEWGBTkRxuYnYZd53yB-zRZYBBBuFNoMxwZUGBmAVUAqNA-e This is what I use. You have strong, spammy aoe burst, good personal boon generation, and enough survivability to get through anything bar some champions. You can swap out utilities situationally. Some form of condi weaver build is probably better for soloing champs but worse for general open world. Using Pack runes allows you to maintain permanent fury solo without traiting unstable conduit and zephyr's boon - which means you can take fercocious winds for a large ferocity gain, and gale song for a traited stun break. You can mess around with gear, marauders is good for more health and assassins generally for personal dps since you want to aim for 100% crit chance.

My favorite open world build is grieving+marshal water/arcane sword/dagger weaver. Mostly offensive stats and high damage weapons and utility skills means you put out lots of damage, and the defensive traits and all the evades and mobility plus big heals means you have tons of survivability. The gameplay is very fast and flexible, and it's hybrid damage stats so all 4 attunements and all 26 weapon skills are useful (actually, disclaimer: double attuning to water is basically never useful. so make that 25/26). Also plenty of room to adapt with a few trait or skill swaps.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilZwuYRMJmJm8WbvXA-zRRYsRDzN4yIhCoyEwhVBmA-e

• 2 weeks later...

I am very much enjoying a variation on the fire/arcane sword weaver. Mine uses apothecary/plaguedoctor stats to achieve over 20k health with nearly 500 toughness and 1k healing power, but can still output surprisingly strong damage.

For reference, I was able to complete an easy PoF bounty solo (Tazula Mindclouder) in 4.5 minutes and the avatar of Balthazar in Auric Basin in just under 2 minutes. That's more than adequate damage output for open world, packaged in a build that is practically invincible. I'm also just learning the basics of weaver at this point, so I imagine there is quite a lot of room for improvement here!

@AliamRationem.5172 said:I am very much enjoying a variation on the fire/arcane sword weaver. Mine uses apothecary/plaguedoctor stats to achieve over 20k health with nearly 500 toughness and 1k healing power, but can still output surprisingly strong damage.

For reference, I was able to complete an easy PoF bounty solo (Tazula Mindclouder) in 4.5 minutes and the avatar of Balthazar in Auric Basin in just under 2 minutes. That's more than adequate damage output for open world, packaged in a build that is practically invincible. I'm also just learning the basics of weaver at this point, so I imagine there is quite a lot of room for improvement here!

do you mind sharing the build and items used for the build please ?

I personnally Use this for all OW content and really ... Every content feels as easy as any other class now !

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwuYSsJmJOKXZvSA-zRRYoRD7N4yIwCo0EwhB-e

Before that I was struggleling killing veteran mobs anywhere and that was painfull. I even forced myself to reroll for another class in OW because of how painfull it was. This build is really faceroll and the condi burst is insane when you combine primordial stance + glyph of elemental power.

Using earth allows you to use your signet for the extra heal without loosing your passive healing. It's 10/10 for the quality of life. Going for the sigil of smoldering allows me to go for more vitality and more critical damage (on griveing and then less viper pieces) and still be capped in burning duration ...which is awesome but maybe not optimal cause bleeding isn't capped (like 30% only).But I like it that way.

Feel free to try it :D the extra vitality helps a lot and the damage is quite insane to me (compared to any other ele build I could have used before)

@ruikarikun.9402 said:

@"Antycypator.9874" said:But of one of the best builds for open world is Tempest Auramancer.My personal OW build is Fire Sword Weaver (Trailblazer's Gear mixed with Apothecary). This is for soloing every content in game (champs, bounties, dungeons, fractals). Its Fire/Earth or Fire/Water.Can you please give link to your build by
or other way when you will have time? :)

I'm sorry, I didn't notice your post.Fire/Earth:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZgJxuYk446U9uB-zRRYRRDygMc5hReB0nAODA-e

Fire/Water:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZgJxuYk44Kp/uB-zRRYRRDygMc5hReB0nAODA-e

I have left one empty slot, take whatever you need. For me it's stun break (Twist of Fate — can be used 2 times, or Signet of air — bonus movement speed +25%).

@noiwk.2760 said:

@"AliamRationem.5172" said:I am very much enjoying a variation on the fire/arcane sword weaver. Mine uses apothecary/plaguedoctor stats to achieve over 20k health with nearly 500 toughness and 1k healing power, but can still output surprisingly strong damage.

do you mind sharing the build and items used for the build please ?

Edit: I'm not normally a "meta" guy, but after some experimentation I am feeling pretty confident in this build.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Weaver_-_Fire_Weaver

For open world, just swap out focus for dagger offhand and smothering auras for burning rage and use whatever condi-forward stat set you feel comfortable with or happen to have lying around. It's an excellent all-purpose build that, to me, feels like elementalist the way it was meant to be played.

• 3 weeks later...

@"Forzani.2584" said:I need to get my core Elly his hero points so I can try some of these builds out. Having a tough time in POF.Can't decode between power or condi build. I can't find many suggestions. I'm leaning for a beefier condi spec to help the survivibility.

Here's a variant I've been using while playing on the new map. It's tanky enough to solo the champions (e.g. svanir brute/summoner, leopard shaman), but with corruption sigil and easy 25 stack might, it still puts out pretty decent damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilZwmYXMJmJOKXbvfA-zRRYkRC7NKwlROJQmFgDzCPTbA-e

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@"Forzani.2584" said:I need to get my core Elly his hero points so I can try some of these builds out. Having a tough time in POF.Can't decode between power or condi build. I can't find many suggestions. I'm leaning for a beefier condi spec to help the survivibility.

Here's a variant I've been using while playing on the new map. It's tanky enough to solo the champions (e.g. svanir brute/summoner, leopard shaman), but with corruption sigil and easy 25 stack might, it still puts out pretty decent damage.

Looks like a Weaver?

@Forzani.2584 said:

@Forzani.2584 said:I need to get my core Elly his hero points so I can try some of these builds out. Having a tough time in POF.Can't decode between power or condi build. I can't find many suggestions. I'm leaning for a beefier condi spec to help the survivibility.

Looks like a Weaver?

Weaver now is better for Tempest?

@ruikarikun.9402 said:

@Forzani.2584 said:I need to get my core Elly his hero points so I can try some of these builds out. Having a tough time in POF.Can't decode between power or condi build. I can't find many suggestions. I'm leaning for a beefier condi spec to help the survivibility.

Looks like a Weaver?

Weaver now is better for Tempest?

I don't have enough hero points. So I can't use Weaver or Tempest. I was looking for a good build so I can kill stuff to eventually open up weaver and tempest

I'm not too up to date on which core builds work best but generally speaking the easiest path for most classes when you want to solo tough champions but aren't very practiced is to use tanky condi sets like dire as you give up less damage than you would using power.

Toward that end, fire/arcane to maximize burn damage and might stacking. Then maybe earth for the third trait line, or possibly air if you want to go hybrid.