What's with the new interests in SKyhammer all of a sudden.

Reaper Alim.4176

@witcher.3197 said:Because the map is a scourge/spellbreaker wet dream. Hammer can win the entire map and nobody can contest it against these specs for long.

As opposed to what? The only map with any point that can't be entirely denied by a single Scourge or Dragonhunter is Foefire. Honestly, in my experience the most oppressive map for those AoEs is actually Kyhlo.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:Almost every match is skyhammer now. Why is this?

To me i vote to any map except the colosuem because i am scourge with wide open weakness aganest the aoe classes.. But i have something to kill them too but im not gonna say what is it .. ???? sometimes it doesn't work tho so it needed from the opponent to fell confidence about his safe distance tho

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@witcher.3197 said:Because the map is a scourge/spellbreaker wet dream. Hammer can win the entire map and nobody can contest it against these specs for long.

As opposed to what? The only map with any point that can't be entirely denied by a single Scourge or Dragonhunter is Foefire. Honestly, in my experience the most oppressive map for those AoEs is actually Kyhlo.

On skyhammer they can win all 3 points by winning the single cap on hammer, do you not see how that's significant? Even if they were magically falling behind before, the team with more scourges/spellbreakers is gonna turn things around every time the hammer comes into play.

Lol but why now of all the times? It's such a map that's completely tilted towards AOE spam.> @silent killer.5732 said:

To me i vote to any map except the colosuem because i am scourge with wide open weakness aganest the aoe classes.. But i have something to kill them too but im not gonna say what is it .. ???? sometimes it doesn't work tho so it needed from the opponent to fell confidence about his safe distance tho

Ah you mean the necro portal?

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

Rofl, still with the DH hate? This forum never siezes to amase me.

That's why PvP could use some new game modes instead of dancing around 3 nodes with gimmicky mechanics every bunch of minutes. I'd still would go with good ol' capture the flag or a mobile point/payload kind of thing. But not a king of the hill deathmatch, because it would be just a competition of who has more AoE.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:Lol but why now of all the times? It's such a map that's completely tilted towards AOE spam.> @silent killer.5732 said:

No ????

@Loop.8106 said:

Rofl, still with the DH hate? This forum never siezes to amase me.

Actually, they aren't a real problem anymore. I was referring to the fact that their AoEs are pretty much exactly the size of a normal capture point. At least DH traps go away after several seconds and have a significant cooldown; Scourge AoEs are the real problem now, since they can be kept up basically indefinitely and, traited, are also the size of a capture point.

@witcher.3197 said:

On skyhammer they can win all 3 points by winning the single cap on hammer, do you not see how that's significant? Even if they were magically falling behind before, the team with more scourges/spellbreakers is gonna turn things around every time the hammer comes into play.

As opposed to never getting mid or, if you do, being forced off of it and allowing your opponents to cap it for free because no profession can currently stand in the Scourge's AoE to contest a point? It's a matter of degree, not principle, and I would argue the degree of difference isn't even that large. I've won Skyhammer plenty of times despite the other team getting the hammer.

@silent killer.5732 said:

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:Lol but why now of all the times? It's such a map that's completely tilted towards AOE spam.> @silent killer.5732 said:

No

Spectral gasp

Archived