Idea: Salvation: Tranquil Benediction rolled into Minor with Energy Cost on Staff reduced in Ventari

Knighthonor.4061

Was thinking about how Staff improvement trait can be re added to the Salvation line and how I would prefer it work.

The old Boons was ok, butone thing I would really like was a trait that reduced Staff energy cost while in Ventari.This way in combat I can use Staff skills in combat alongside Ventari tablet skills which is already very Energy cost heavy and sluggish with all the delays.

Staff which complements Ventari and Salvation specialization also is very heavy on the energy of 45, with really only 3 ways to heal allies and support allies, and 2 defense/control abilities.Cooldown heavy weapon like most.

But what if a trait made it so while in Ventari, the energy cost of Staff was reduced greatly, and when you swap to a different legend energy cost go back to normal for staff?

The Regen and Swiftness aspect of this could be added back the the Healing orbs, when energy threshold is above 75%.

This allows Ventari to get its regen back on the tablet when Revenant's conserve energy, and over time in the battle as energy depletes the regen would no longer be part of the equation. This creates a balance mechanic of healing method. Energy Conservation for HoT vs Burst Heals/Shields for immediate action.

@DarkEmiLupus.2876 said:

@phokus.8934 said:On the serious side I’m wondering if weapons should act a little differently depending on the legend you’re in.

Something like the underwater weapons BUT instead of changing the extra legend effects
changing
the whole 1-5 skills.

I like it.
May the Greatsword's greatness be with you.

it reminds me of the elementalist.... but only a little bit

I wouldn't say energy cost on staff is the issue. IMO, staff falls way short as a support weapon because when it comes down to it, its primary role is utility and secondary roles are damage and support. Thus, we get a subpar support weapon because the staff has been balanced in too many different directions. It's kinda like Druid's staff too, although frankly Druid's staff is a hot kitten mess of design, whereas Revenant's is at the very least phenomenal at its utility role.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I wouldn't say energy cost on staff is the issue. IMO, staff falls way short as a support weapon because when it comes down to it, its primary role is utility and secondary roles are damage and support. Thus, we get a subpar support weapon because the staff has been balanced in too many different directions. It's kinda like Druid's staff too, although frankly Druid's staff is a hot kitten mess of design, whereas Revenant's is at the very least phenomenal at its utility role.

damn I been away from Druid for a bit, came back and was amazed at how terrible the staff has become... I would be pissed if I was a support Ranger fan!!

@Justine.6351 said:mender's rebuke is 5 energy on a 5 second recharge.seems pretty cheap.

the Delay is the problem with that skill. the energy on the Blast/Condition removal (Renewing Wave) need to be reduced for its 15 second cooldown 15 energy skill with a weak heal and small radius . Would be helpful for support of the zerg if my Tablet is already out in the field doing what it does. Normally I am putting Tablet on commander front line which Is why most energy go into Tablet for Heals, Condition cleanse, CC and Projectile blocking.

as Pterikdactyl.7630 said, Staff is a terrible support weapon for what it is but I would still like to be able to use the thing while playing support since its all I have for a support weapon as a Core revenant.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Justine.6351 said:mender's rebuke is 5 energy on a 5 second recharge.seems pretty cheap.

the Delay is the problem with that skill. the energy on the Blast/Condition removal (Renewing Wave) need to be reduced for its 15 second cooldown 15 energy skill with a weak heal and small radius . Would be helpful for support of the zerg if my Tablet is already out in the field doing what it does. Normally I am putting Tablet on commander front line which Is why most energy go into Tablet for Heals, Condition cleanse, CC and Projectile blocking.

as Pterikdactyl.7630 said, Staff is a terrible support weapon for what it is but I would still like to be able to use the thing while playing support since its all I have for a support weapon as a Core revenant.

They would have to make staff costs zero for you.

@Justine.6351 said:

They would have to make staff costs zero for you.

while in Ventari, sure