Jump to content
  • Sign Up

This is how it feels to play mesmer. ( adult content )


Recommended Posts

@ZDragon.3046 said:not valid you got rampaged that happens to every class not just mesmer lmao Sorry but its true no matter what you play if rampage goes off either you are in a position to avoid it complete or you just die.

I was stealthed and he hit me throught a wall, all damge done was due to retaliation, passive burning reflect thingy from weaver, and 1 hit from warrior ( when I was stealthed and behind a wall ).Did not even post it to complain, more as a meme, people take all this balancing waaay to seriously, almost every class is broken, relax an take it easy :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:not valid you got rampaged that happens to every class not just mesmer lmao Sorry but its true no matter what you play if rampage goes off either you are in a position to avoid it complete or you just die.

I was stealthed and he hit me throught a wall, all damge done was due to retaliation, passive burning reflect thingy from weaver, and 1 hit from warrior ( when I was stealthed and behind a wall ).Did not even post it to complain, more as a meme, people take all this balancing waaay to seriously, almost every class is broken, relax an take it easy :D

thats the joke rampage happened death is expected

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:https://imgur.com/gallery/aC0ncytkekW

63 hits of retaliation. How can you really not notice that? Then getting caught by rampage. If initial damage was through the wall, why not just walk out of there? Where were your stun breakers, blinks and invulns later or? Used them all while talking retaliation hits through the wall? Some serious l2p issues there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@BadMed.3846 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:
kekW

63 hits of retaliation. How can you really not notice that? Then getting caught by rampage. If initial damage was through the wall, why not just walk out of there? Where were your stun breakers, blinks and invulns later or? Used them all while talking retaliation hits through the wall? Some serious l2p issues there.

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:
kekW

63 hits of retaliation. How can you really not notice that? Then getting caught by rampage. If initial damage was through the wall, why not just walk out of there? Where were your stun breakers, blinks and invulns later or? Used them all while talking retaliation hits through the wall? Some serious l2p issues there.

https://imgur.com/gallery/BIT4TTM

Link to post
Share on other sites

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:lmaoo I complain about retaliation all the time. It's such a crutch. Definitely how it feels to play mesmer.

yet there is no issue with mesmers applying confusion and torment. Basically, not letting the enemy move or attack. How's that not crutch?

Why you mad, bro? I don't play condi. I hate condi mirages too. The issue with confusion isn't with mesmer. The issue with confusion is in confusion itself. It shouldn't stack in intensity, it should behave like retaliation and stack in duration. Torment is fine as it is imo. But having the ability to load a player up with both confusion and torment at the same time is broken AF, and beyond a crutch. I'd say mesmer having stealth is a crutch. Mesmer having the ability to load a target up with both confusion and torment at the same time is broken.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:lmaoo I complain about retaliation all the time. It's such a crutch. Definitely how it feels to play mesmer.

yet there is no issue with mesmers applying confusion and torment. Basically, not letting the enemy move or attack. How's that not crutch?

Why you mad, bro? I don't play condi. I hate condi mirages too. The issue with confusion isn't with mesmer. The issue with confusion is in confusion itself. It shouldn't stack in intensity, it should behave like retaliation and stack in duration. Torment is fine as it is imo. But having the ability to load a player up with both confusion and torment at the same time is broken AF, and beyond a crutch. I'd say mesmer having stealth is a crutch. Mesmer having the ability to load a target up with both confusion and torment at the same time is broken.

I'm not mad bro. Just sharing my thoughts.

The issue is with Mirage, not confusion. As you said, it's having the ability to load the enemy up with both. That's done by Mirage. It's not just confusion though. It's the spammability of conditions and convenience around letting illusions carry the Mesmer. No effort involved and and easily abusable build in lower tiers where majority of the game population is.

You get it now?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:lmaoo I complain about retaliation all the time. It's such a crutch. Definitely how it feels to play mesmer.

yet there is no issue with mesmers applying confusion and torment. Basically, not letting the enemy move or attack. How's that not crutch?

Why you mad, bro? I don't play condi. I hate condi mirages too. The issue with confusion isn't with mesmer. The issue with confusion is in confusion itself. It shouldn't stack in intensity, it should behave like retaliation and stack in duration. Torment is fine as it is imo. But having the ability to load a player up with both confusion and torment at the same time is broken AF, and beyond a crutch. I'd say mesmer having stealth is a crutch. Mesmer having the ability to load a target up with both confusion and torment at the same time is broken.

people look at torment the wrong way.they look at it as if you move, you get double damage, so you get punished for moving.while In reality they should look at it : I got hit so I will take damage, BUT if I find a way to not move, I will take half of it.Saying confusion is broken is just plain wrong. Its the worst condition in the game, any condi spec every would trade it for poison/burning/torment any day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:lmaoo I complain about retaliation all the time. It's such a crutch. Definitely how it feels to play mesmer.

yet there is no issue with mesmers applying confusion and torment. Basically, not letting the enemy move or attack. How's that not crutch?

Why you mad, bro? I don't play condi. I hate condi mirages too. The issue with confusion isn't with mesmer. The issue with confusion is in confusion itself. It shouldn't stack in intensity, it should behave like retaliation and stack in duration. Torment is fine as it is imo. But having the ability to load a player up with both confusion and torment at the same time is broken AF, and beyond a crutch. I'd say mesmer having stealth is a crutch. Mesmer having the ability to load a target up with both confusion and torment at the same time is broken.

I'm not mad bro. Just sharing my thoughts.

The issue is with Mirage, not confusion. As you said, it's having the ability to load the enemy up with both. That's done by Mirage. It's not just confusion though. It's the spammability of conditions and convenience around letting illusions carry the Mesmer. No effort involved and and easily abusable build in lower tiers where majority of the game population is.

You get it now?

No PvP game should be balanced with low ranks in mind, If you have problem with clones stick to pve.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Lottie.5370 said:What if... you stop hitting when you notice you're dying to retaliation?

so correct play is to let enemies take objective, becouse their permanent aoe retaliation combined with shields means I deal more damage to myself then to them ?

I mean, what's the difference in doing that, or dying and they take it anyway? If you are against a foe you cannot beat, you either see if a teammate is close to help, or you just leave and go where you can be useful. It's logic, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lottie.5370 said:

@Lottie.5370 said:What if... you stop hitting when you notice you're dying to retaliation?

so correct play is to let enemies take objective, becouse their permanent aoe retaliation combined with shields means I deal more damage to myself then to them ?

I mean, what's the difference in doing that, or dying and they take it anyway? If you are against a foe you cannot beat, you either see if a teammate is close to help, or you just leave and go where you can be useful. It's logic, no?

or try to burst them down, if it works it works. if not its lost anyways

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Lottie.5370 said:What if... you stop hitting when you notice you're dying to retaliation?

so correct play is to let enemies take objective, becouse their permanent aoe retaliation combined with shields means I deal more damage to myself then to them ?

I mean, what's the difference in doing that, or dying and they take it anyway? If you are against a foe you cannot beat, you either see if a teammate is close to help, or you just leave and go where you can be useful. It's logic, no?

or try to burst them down, if it works it works. if not its lost anyways

That's not really how it works, at least not if you're planning to win games.

I also take Arcane Thievery when playing Mirage, you can strip boons right before you burst to not get hit by retaliation (in the case of being against a Scrapper, if that is what is killing you).

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lottie.5370 said:

@Lottie.5370 said:What if... you stop hitting when you notice you're dying to retaliation?

so correct play is to let enemies take objective, becouse their permanent aoe retaliation combined with shields means I deal more damage to myself then to them ?

I mean, what's the difference in doing that, or dying and they take it anyway? If you are against a foe you cannot beat, you either see if a teammate is close to help, or you just leave and go where you can be useful. It's logic, no?

or try to burst them down, if it works it works. if not its lost anyways

That's not really how it works, at least not if you're planning to win games.

I also take Arcane Thievery when playing Mirage, you can strip boons right before you burst to not get hit by retaliation (in the case of being against a Scrapper, if that is what is killing you).

in this specific scenario it was scrapper + weaver + firebrand + scourge + warrior.weaver has this fire refect, nothing can be do about it.firebrand can spam the retal every 4s in ToC, nothing can be do about it.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Portent_of_Freedom can also be cast 3 timesagain, cant be stolen since he can use it 5-6 times during one small brawl.scourge vomits shields, same as scrapper.

I will give you an interesting example, if I have 16k hp. scourge has 23k and gets 50% of his hp as barrier. meaning he is at 34,5k hp.do you think it reasonable, that to kill him when he afks, i have to lose 2/3 of my hp? and that doenst even includ ethe fact that he can recast barrier, heal, regenerate, or god forbid get healed -.-

EDITit was win or lose situation. we had 340 points they had 400. leaving means my team wipse and they get 3 nodes, meaning we lose.its better to take 5% chance to win then to just lose.It would propably be winnable if our FB didnt just randomly start running and died 1v1 to other fb, this one will haunt me xd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah... that's still not really how it works.

But what you are saying also just doesn't add up - you are against 3-5 people on your own and yet your team is wiping and the enemy has all the points? Clearly this game you're posting has literally nothing to do with your class, and nor is it a meme.

Also, Scourge is laughably weak right now, either they place a shade and you just don't stand in it, or they don't place a shade and stay out of their melee range. Mirage should win that match-up every time. You can avoid nearly all of a Scourge's attacks and even if they barrier and cleanse, you apply condis so rapidly that you will just wear them down.

Also there is something to be done about fire reflect... stop hitting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lottie.5370 said:Yeah... that's still not really how it works.

But what you are saying also just doesn't add up - you are against 3-5 people on your own and yet your team is wiping and the enemy has all the points? Clearly this game you're posting has literally nothing to do with your class, and nor is it a meme.

Also, Scourge is laughably weak right now, either they place a shade and you just don't stand in it, or they don't place a shade and stay out of their melee range. Mirage should win that match-up every time. You can avoid nearly all of a Scourge's attacks and even if they barrier and cleanse, you apply condis so rapidly that you will just wear them down.

Also there is something to be done about fire reflect... stop hitting.

there is alot of assumptions there mate.1 I am not mirage in this game.2 I have not died to scourge3 Stop hitting = lose.4 People try to overthink this entire screenshot, it was ment to be a joke not a shit storm ;p

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Kondor.2904" said:It always makes me smile when someone says "just don't attack when retal is up". It's like saying "just don't get hit when enemy has might up". And i like how you say you can consistently strip retal with your arcane, so sweet. And naive.

personally I dont do dragonfall, simply becouse that stupid retal on those purple cyst things.mender has spawned, oh you casted berserker? take 8k retal damage!oh you have chronophantasma, take another 6k, oh you died, too bad everyone flew away xd.but yea I agree, some retal spam is just silly ( looks angrily at fb )

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...