Rock Gazelle

GenerationX.9178

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hostility.4961 said:@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 Didnt take a screenshot. Its pointless and its pretty known the skill can hit 20-60k out of nowhere.@shadowpass.4236 I dont care if he specced 5000 power 5000 fearocity and 0 vitality and 9 tougness. I dont care if i could have dodged it. In no universe should a skill be designed to 1shot under any circumstance or build or blabla. Just no. Stop makin excuses and givin obvious ideas on how to awoid it. Its not needed. I dont want to have to avoid/dodge bad game design and bugs k? Theres enough other cancer to worrie about killin all the fun in pvp. Same goes for any class. No single skill shud ever 1shot no mather the setups. Its bad game design.

Ummm if someone specs for 5000 power 5000 ferocity 0 vitality and 9 toughness they'd be dead because their natural life pool is 0.

However, let's say they have 1 health and the same stats as before, 0 precision means they will never land a crit so only the power counts for anything.

However, let's say they have 1 health and 100% crit chance as well, why would you complain about getting one shot if their ENTIRE BUILD is made for max damage?

If someone build full nomads and ran the tankiest spec in the game, I wouldn't complain that "its unkillable" because that's what the person built for.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@Hostility.4961 said:@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 Didnt take a screenshot. Its pointless and its pretty known the skill can hit 20-60k out of nowhere.@shadowpass.4236 I dont care if he specced 5000 power 5000 fearocity and 0 vitality and 9 tougness. I dont care if i could have dodged it. In no universe should a skill be designed to 1shot under any circumstance or build or blabla. Just no. Stop makin excuses and givin obvious ideas on how to awoid it. Its not needed. I dont want to have to avoid/dodge bad game design and bugs k? Theres enough other cancer to worrie about killin all the fun in pvp. Same goes for any class. No single skill shud ever 1shot no mather the setups. Its bad game design.

It can hit 28k with ridiculous setup in WvW if it downs you. I have never seen evidence of it hitting 60k.

May be you need glasses ?

@Odik.4587 said:

It can hit 28k with ridiculous setup in WvW if it downs you. I have never seen evidence of it hitting 60k.

Glasses for what? To see the evidence that nobody has posted?

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@Odik.4587 said:

Glasses for what? To see the evidence that
nobody has posted
?

There you go.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@Odik.4587 said:

nobody has posted
?

There you go.

But can you do that on a real player ;)

Look at the setup involved

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@rurreres.3214 said:alltho I didnt get one shotted like many of u. I got charged for 8k. is that normal for a pet? seems to be a huge chunk of my Health from something that isnt a player in pvp.

The 8k hit is only possible with boons/vulnerability/additional setup on a crit.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpookyAmazonianButterKappaPrideJust dodge the animation 4Head8k only possible with every damage increasing effect in the game 4HeadDamage not overtuned 4Head

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@Odik.4587 said:

nobody has posted
?

There you go.

Ofc you can. If they are afk, asleep or not paying attention.

@Frostball.9108 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@rurreres.3214 said:alltho I didnt get one shotted like many of u. I got charged for 8k. is that normal for a pet? seems to be a huge chunk of my Health from something that isnt a player in pvp.

The 8k hit is only possible with boons/vulnerability/additional setup on a crit.

Just dodge the animation 4Head8k only possible with every damage increasing effect in the game 4HeadDamage not overtuned 4Head

LOL wth nerf plz....

if you're in the middle of fighting someone you don't notice everything right away. Plus the whole possibility of even being able to self buff and do these numbers on a heavy armored class seems rather ridiculous considering the type of healthpool we are working with.

The problem is that the gazelle is one of two pets. Most take smokescale and gazelle nowadays to pop smoke, jump a couple of times in the smoke to stealth, buff, flip to gazelle and hit with you with this bullpoo. Obviously, some adjustments will be needed to this one to get the damage more in line with the rest of the pet skills. No need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the future on the whole gazelle situation.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Ummm if someone specs for 5000 power 5000 ferocity 0 vitality and 9 toughness they'd be dead because their natural life pool is 0.

However, let's say they have 1 health and the same stats as before, 0 precision means they will never land a crit so only the power counts for anything.

However, let's say they have 1 health and 100% crit chance as well, why would you complain about getting one shot if their ENTIRE BUILD is made for max damage?

If someone build full nomads and ran the tankiest spec in the game, I wouldn't complain that "its unkillable" because that's what the person built for.

I used 5000 as an exaggerated fictional example to get a point across. You took it literally...

Ofcourse im gonna compain about getting one shot by a skill ignoring even the downstate. Its wrong. In any situation. Should not be allowed in a well designed game. This isnt an fps.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@Odik.4587 said:

nobody has posted
?

There you go.

Skip some steps and even at a 1/3rd of the damage you gonna 1 shot 90% of your opponents

@Odik.4587 said:

@Hostility.4961 said:I got 1shotted playin guardian @ 17245 hp. It didnt even proc downstate but i was instantly killed like i fell from max high. From full 100% hp to "0% killed state Click here to view the damage option" in 1 sec after engaging the ranger. Damage logg showed 27k Charge.

The guy playin this build called it a "fun build"... xD This is clearly intended and great pvp combat design! /sarc

I guess you didn't take a screenshot then?

kitten wrong screenshot

@Odik.4587 said:

nobody has posted
?

are you sure you doesnt need them ?

@Odik.4587 said:

@Odik.4587 said:

@Hostility.4961 said:I got 1shotted playin guardian @ 17245 hp. It didnt even proc downstate but i was instantly killed like i fell from max high. From full 100% hp to "0% killed state Click here to view the damage option" in 1 sec after engaging the ranger. Damage logg showed 27k Charge.

The guy playin this build called it a "fun build"... xD This is clearly intended and great pvp combat design! /sarc

I guess you didn't take a screenshot then?

kitten wrong screenshot

@Odik.4587 said:

nobody has posted
?

are you sure you doesnt need them ?

Apparently, you do. That's a screenshot of 21k damage, which I noted in this post to be entirely possible. It was the 30k+ hits that I was questioning. Which have been since shown to be possible, but require an entire build dedicated to it, several seconds of setup, and your opponent to be an oblivious moron.

@Kaga.7629 said:if you're in the middle of fighting someone you don't notice everything right away. Plus the whole possibility of even being able to self buff and do these numbers on a heavy armored class seems rather ridiculous considering the type of healthpool we are working with.

The problem is that the gazelle is one of two pets. Most take smokescale and gazelle nowadays to pop smoke, jump a couple of times in the smoke to stealth, buff, flip to gazelle and hit with you with this bullpoo. Obviously, some adjustments will be needed to this one to get the damage more in line with the rest of the pet skills. No need to be a rocket scientist to figure out the future on the whole gazelle situation.

Rangers don't have two leaps on one weapon set, and swapping weapons to get stealth would lock them out from actually doing the combo shown in the video.

@Jinks.2057 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@Odik.4587 said:

nobody has posted
?

There you go.

Skip some steps and even at a 1/3rd of the damage you gonna 1 shot 90% of your opponents

It can't, as far as I can tell, do that to someone with full health without the entire setup and (wildly impractical for actual PvP) build. Most of the damage comes from hitting the person when they're in the downed state; if they aren't downed by the initial hit, they don't take the rest of the damage. The initial hit, with a normal build, hits about 5k; with a build that makes some sacrifices for this skill, that goes up to about 10k. In the video, that initial hit was 31k (which matches your '1/3rd' estimate and the typical numbers I've seen for it).

With full might stacks, opening strike, Sic 'Em, damage buff from Maul, and traits entirely designed around boosting pet damage, any pet is going to hit really hard.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:Rangers don't have two leaps on one weapon set, and swapping weapons to get stealth would lock them out from actually doing the combo shown in the video.

Ranger sword 2 has 2 leaps ( backflip + forwardflip)

Rotation goes something like poisonstab, hornbirds, blow smokescale , sword leap 2 times in it for stealth, flip to gs/gazelle and spike.

@Kaga.7629 said:

@"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:Rangers don't have two leaps on one weapon set, and swapping weapons to get stealth would lock them out from actually doing the combo shown in the video.

Ranger sword 2 has 2 leaps ( backflip + forwardflip)

Rotation goes something like poisonstab, hornbirds, blow smokescale , sword leap 2 times in it for stealth, flip to gs/gazelle and spike.

One of those is not a leap finisher. They're running a build with no stunbreak, no stability, no invuln, no ranged weapons, and one poor quality condition removal skill (no condition removal traits either, I'm betting, since they'll be running Windborne Notes), and they have to drop a spirit, use wh 5, switch weapons, maul, use sic em, all while they and their pet cannot be attacking. This is like the permanent alacrity builds back when Chrono first came out: yes, it's very impressive that you can do it. No, it serves no actual function in a PvP game, because the sacrifices you make to achieve the gimmick render the build useless (and dead) as soon as a competent opponent looks at you funny.

@Hana.8143 said:Also happened to me, while doing PvP.No downstate, just instant death and crazy numbers in chat like that video.It really needs a nerf, even in duel the pet itself is doing the job by itself.

It needs a bug fix, yes. It should not be multihitting on downed players.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Loop.8106 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@GenerationX.9178 said:According to the wiki the damage on skill is 3,865.That's literally 3 times the base damage of gravedigger.

That can't be right

Why not? It's on double the CD GD has if it hits a target above 50% health, GD can also recharge instantly and is 3 whirl finishers, the gazelle only has 1661 power, it takes longer to cast, it cannot track moving foes, rarely hits anything and it not able to be specifically controlled by the Ranger. I can do 20k hits all day on bosses with Gravedigger, I won't speak to the ability in PvP as I have no experience with it there.

It is bugged in that it hits downed foes multiple times which gives the largest numbers, but you have to fully spec into the pet for it to be able to do 15-20k hits and it's not a good build to do that because of how unreliable they are and how easily they die.

We are not talking about PvE here. Getting hit for over 20k consistently and 126k. Yes, 126k. By an AI controlled entity in a "Competetive" game mode should not happen. I do realise they need to run GS and sometimes even Signet to get crazy numbers, but pets should not be able to burst harder than power shatters, thieves and hammer guards.

126k is impossible. Stop exaggerating. The pet hits on average 5-6k. Anything higher than that requires a lot of setup and a lack of a dodge on the enemies part.

There was a video showcasing it dealing 126k dmg with 1 charge shared of 3 hits on a medium armored golem in the pvp lobby. I may be able to dig up the video if you don't believe me.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@Odik.4587 said:

nobody has posted
?

There you go.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliviousScaryGarbageItsBoshyTime

Only 52k this time, but does it really matter at that point.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:

@Odik.4587 said:

nobody has posted
?

There you go.

Only 52k this time, but does it really matter at that point.

It was a 10k hit while he was up, the rest was the bugged interaction with downed state.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

@GenerationX.9178 said:According to the wiki the damage on skill is 3,865.That's literally 3 times the base damage of gravedigger.

That can't be right

Why not? It's on double the CD GD has if it hits a target above 50% health, GD can also recharge instantly and is 3 whirl finishers, the gazelle only has 1661 power, it takes longer to cast, it cannot track moving foes, rarely hits anything and it not able to be specifically controlled by the Ranger. I can do 20k hits all day on bosses with Gravedigger, I won't speak to the ability in PvP as I have no experience with it there.

It is bugged in that it hits downed foes multiple times which gives the largest numbers, but you have to fully spec into the pet for it to be able to do 15-20k hits and it's not a good build to do that because of how unreliable they are and how easily they die.

yeah! why not? for the next expansion let's put a nuclear warhead ability for a random class. it has 5% chance of hitting but it immediately kills anyone in the map. That would be balanced!

Also give it like a 10 min cooldown for further balancing.

@Razor.6392 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

That can't be right

yeah! why not? for the next expansion let's put a nuclear warhead ability for a random class. it has 5% chance of hitting but it immediately kills anyone in the map. That would be balanced!

Also give it like a 10 min cooldown for further balancing.

If the only build that can do so hurts its own team's chances of winning so badly that it's never played, why not? The only problem with Gazelle is the downed state interaction, and they're going to fix that. No damage nerfs are necessary.

Archived