Rock Gazelle

GenerationX.9178

@Frostball.9108 said:

@Frostball.9108 said:

@Frostball.9108 said:

@Frostball.9108 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Sigh. I don't think there is a single person in this thread that is OK with the Gazelle being able to delete people from downstate. Feel free to quote someone if there is. THE. DOWNSTATE. DAMAGE. IS. A. BUG. AND. IT. WILL. BE. FIXED.

Oh so the 16,8k on first hit without proper setup boons/vuln is fine? LOL

You can't do that without proper setup. Sooo, yeah.

You've been able to do this sort of damage on demand for years with the Tiger anyway and NOBODY does it because it's so unreliable. You could also do this exact same thing since launch with a Drake/Sic Em/AoO/Opening Strike, they have been bugged for
years
as well, but it's a one trick pony and nobody does it.

I'll break it down for you;You got interrupted by Hilt Bash and the guy was traited with Moment of Clarity to give the pet 50% more damage on the next attack. You got Ancient Seeded by that as well. The pet was stowed to begin with so when it came out Clarion Bond was cast so the pet had at least 3 might and fury, if Nature Magic was traited, it would be 6 might at least. Strength of the Pack was just ending when he attacked you too so a couple more might maybe. He's also likely to be using Remorseless so that gives the Opening Strike +25% damage and you'd have at least 10 vulnerability from the Ranger and pets Opening Strikes which are guaranteed to crit. Opening Strike was refreshed by Remorseless proc for the other 12k hit while you were downed. He also used Quickening Zephyr right after the pet came out so it had quickness and superspeed and he likely used Sic Em as well. The pets don't move for at least 1s after unstowing.

If you were paying attention to the Ranger, you would have seen immediately he's got the pet stowed so he wants to burst you with it or at least hide it from you to begin with. Then when he got in combat, there was a giant howling wolf animation on top of him, that's your signal that a Ranger is going to burst you with a pet. So you do need to setup for it, you need a bunch of traits and skills, then you need to actually play half decent to make it happen. You need to stow the pet (so it uses the F3 when it appears) which you cannot do in combat. There are several tells for you, one being no pet, the other being the Attack of Opportunity and Clarion Bond buff on the Ranger.

So for this build you need;
  • Clarion Bond
  • Moment of Clarity
  • Remorseless
  • Ancient Seeds
  • Quickening Zephyr
  • Sic Em
  • Strength of the Pack
  • A stowed pet
  • And also an interrupt immediately after entering combat to proc Moment of Clarity.

You just got burst, which required a decent portion of a build and a setup. You only needed to take 10k damage to be downed anyway, so it's not like you were going to fight on for more than 0.5s longer. You got hit by the Remorseless/AoO Maul as well, but it didn't matter because you were already dead. Lughlongarm is a good ranger.

A part of the things you listed werent used in the clip, dont try to make it look like they wouldve been, theyre not needed for this amount of damage or the succession of the "burst". I know exactly what comes in to play in the clip so theres no use trying to misguide me. The so called "tells" arent real tells unless you know what build he is running which you cant know on first encounter apart from the gazelle itself which has a negligible animation with the stow without taking in consideration it could be used in a cluttered teamfight which would make it even worse. Save your kitten defenses for someone else.

Edit: The amount of damage the ranger needed to down me is irrelevant along with half your post, try and stay on the topic.

What parts weren't used in the clip? I watched it a bunch of times to try and figure out the build, so let me know what I missed. Please, can you define a "real" tell? I would think that a massive howling wolf animation was a reasonable one, as well as the fact that there is no pet running around randomly next to the Ranger, as well as the AoO and Clarion Bond icons on his skill bar. So, you got caught on first encounter, now when you see a Ranger running about with no pet, a GS, the Clarion Bond icon and or the AoO icon on his bar, you will know how to react.

These things can be used in other builds as well (
howling animation
), they dont tell you this person is running a oneshot build with gazelle, pet stowing can be used in any case. Did you see reveal on my bar? I died before ancient seeds took any effect on me and quickening zephyr wasnt used, it was lesser quickening zephyr. No vulnerability either from what i can see, the conditions i got seem to be poison weakness burning and cripple.

You don't even know what it's called!! It's Clarion Bond from the Marksmanship traitline. NO GOOD BUILD USES MARKSMANSHIP. Everybody out here saying "Druid was already hard to 1v1, now they added a one shot pet". Druid is good at 1v1-ing because they DONT use marksmanship. Sure you could use warhorn 5, but that means you're not using a GS, or you're going double melee, which is also pretty bad since rangers don't have mobility from skills other than weapons.

And even if you did use marksmanship with Clarion Bond, that means you're not taking Stoneform, the trait that gives lesser SoS at 50% hp. Meaning you're still squish. The build has very little to no survivability.

Sure, it was lesser QZ not actual QZ. But other than that, you honestly have no argument.

Edited: tried to tone it down a bit. This argument is just frustrating because people with a decent pet nerfed when it really doesn't need to be. In a normal, legit build not centered around only hitting big bambi charges, the damage is absolutely fine. The highest I've seen mine hit is about 8k, which all things considered, especially the fact that it already has trouble hitting things in the first place, is perfectly fine. A couple hits of 8k over the entirely length of a match compared to is probably about equal maybe even less damage than a Smokescale that sticks on a target the whole match.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Frostball.9108 said:

@Frostball.9108 said:

@Frostball.9108 said:

@Frostball.9108 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Sigh. I don't think there is a single person in this thread that is OK with the Gazelle being able to delete people from downstate. Feel free to quote someone if there is. THE. DOWNSTATE. DAMAGE. IS. A. BUG. AND. IT. WILL. BE. FIXED.

You've been able to do this sort of damage on demand for years with the Tiger anyway and NOBODY does it because it's so unreliable. You could also do this exact same thing since launch with a Drake/Sic Em/AoO/Opening Strike, they have been bugged for
years

I'll break it down for you;You got interrupted by Hilt Bash and the guy was traited with Moment of Clarity to give the pet 50% more damage on the next attack. You got Ancient Seeded by that as well. The pet was stowed to begin with so when it came out Clarion Bond was cast so the pet had at least 3 might and fury, if Nature Magic was traited, it would be 6 might at least. Strength of the Pack was just ending when he attacked you too so a couple more might maybe. He's also likely to be using Remorseless so that gives the Opening Strike +25% damage and you'd have at least 10 vulnerability from the Ranger and pets Opening Strikes which are guaranteed to crit. Opening Strike was refreshed by Remorseless proc for the other 12k hit while you were downed. He also used Quickening Zephyr right after the pet came out so it had quickness and superspeed and he likely used Sic Em as well. The pets don't move for at least 1s after unstowing.

If you were paying attention to the Ranger, you would have seen immediately he's got the pet stowed so he wants to burst you with it or at least hide it from you to begin with. Then when he got in combat, there was a giant howling wolf animation on top of him, that's your signal that a Ranger is going to burst you with a pet. So you do need to setup for it, you need a bunch of traits and skills, then you need to actually play half decent to make it happen. You need to stow the pet (so it uses the F3 when it appears) which you cannot do in combat. There are several tells for you, one being no pet, the other being the Attack of Opportunity and Clarion Bond buff on the Ranger.

• Clarion Bond
  • Moment of Clarity
  • Remorseless
  • Ancient Seeds
  • Quickening Zephyr
  • Sic Em
  • Strength of the Pack
  • A stowed pet
  • And also an interrupt immediately after entering combat to proc Moment of Clarity.

You just got burst, which required a decent portion of a build and a setup. You only needed to take 10k damage to be downed anyway, so it's not like you were going to fight on for more than 0.5s longer. You got hit by the Remorseless/AoO Maul as well, but it didn't matter because you were already dead. Lughlongarm is a good ranger.

A part of the things you listed werent used in the clip, dont try to make it look like they wouldve been, theyre not needed for this amount of damage or the succession of the "burst". I know exactly what comes in to play in the clip so theres no use trying to misguide me. The so called "tells" arent real tells unless you know what build he is running which you cant know on first encounter apart from the gazelle itself which has a negligible animation with the stow without taking in consideration it could be used in a cluttered teamfight which would make it even worse. Save your kitten defenses for someone else.

Edit: The amount of damage the ranger needed to down me is irrelevant along with half your post, try and stay on the topic.

What parts weren't used in the clip? I watched it a bunch of times to try and figure out the build, so let me know what I missed. Please, can you define a "real" tell? I would think that a massive howling wolf animation was a reasonable one, as well as the fact that there is no pet running around randomly next to the Ranger, as well as the AoO and Clarion Bond icons on his skill bar. So, you got caught on first encounter, now when you see a Ranger running about with no pet, a GS, the Clarion Bond icon and or the AoO icon on his bar, you will know how to react.

These things can be used in other builds as well (howling animation), they dont tell you this person is running a oneshot build with gazelle, pet stowing can be used in any case. Did you see reveal on my bar? I died before ancient seeds took any effect on me and quickening zephyr wasnt used, it was lesser quickening zephyr. No vulnerability either from what i can see, the conditions i got seem to be poison weakness burning and cripple.

You only really stow the pet for builds like this, it's to get it to use the F3 as soon as he enters combat, particularly if he has Clarion Bond and Zephyrs Speed traited because both will be triggered, F3 is generally a high damage skill or CC. If you see it stowed, he wants to burst and trigger the traits. It's stowed so you can't see what it is. He was using Marksmanship line, so you definitely would have had the vulnerability, it would have been included in the damage calculation, it just didn't get a chance to appear on the bar. You can also tell when he's using Marksmanship because the icons for Opening Strike, Clarion Bond and Attack of Opportunity are on his bar. So these icons and a stowed pet are a dead giveaway.

As a ranger main , there has been some stupid shit with ranger bugs before but this is beyond defending.

If you think this is healthy for the game at all , then you are sadly mistaken and need to re-evaluate what is healthy and not for the game.

Now, does this mean soulbeast needs some better adjustments? It needs some buffs especially if it wants to compete with a spot next to druid , you can't beat druid right now in conquest. The ability to swap pets in beast mode is a good start and move from there.

With spellbreaker/scourge most definitely getting toned down you will see other classes rise up a little bit. But by all means, don't defend this shit. It's stupid and trying to portray it as intended functionality and somehow getting randomly hit for 50k by a pet is any way healthy for the game.

It's obviously going to get fixed but what surprises me (I guess I shouldn't be though) is the people defending this bug.

I would obviously suggest fixing the multi-hit bug , keep dmg the same on initial hit and it should be absolutely fine without absolutely destroying the pet but hitting 40k-50k+ with added up multi-hits regardless of speccing tanky or full glassy (yes , you can spec rather tankier and still achieve 20-30k hits)

This is something you cannot defend rationally.

@ZhouX.8742 said:As a ranger main , there has been some stupid kitten with ranger bugs before but this is beyond defending.

If you think this is healthy for the game at all , then you are sadly mistaken and need to re-evaluate what is healthy and not for the game.

Now, does this mean soulbeast needs some better adjustments? It needs some buffs especially if it wants to compete with a spot next to druid , you can't beat druid right now in conquest. The ability to swap pets in beast mode is a good start and move from there.

With spellbreaker/scourge most definitely getting toned down you will see other classes rise up a little bit. But by all means, don't defend this kitten. It's stupid and trying to portray it as intended functionality and somehow getting randomly hit for 50k by a pet is any way healthy for the game.

It's obviously going to get fixed but what surprises me (I guess I shouldn't be though) is the people defending this bug.

I would obviously suggest fixing the multi-hit bug , keep dmg the same on initial hit and it should be absolutely fine without absolutely destroying the pet but hitting 40k-50k+ with added up multi-hits regardless of speccing tanky or full glassy (yes , you can spec rather tankier and still achieve 20-30k hits)

I don't think a single person has defended the multi-hit bug.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Razor.6392 said:

@huehuehueh.5106 said:hey anet, what in the bill cosby is this kitten?

26,252 + 8,507 +14,461 + 8,507 + 14,461 =Instantly blasted with 72,188 damage FROM A PET. My health pool is 23k...

Also no downstate lmao!

It's obvious that you haven't actually read the thread. Basically, some Rangers are running builds that buff their gazelle to do a lot of damage with charge. There is currently a bug with the skill that allows it to hit multiple times if the target is in the downed state; basically, the first hit puts you in downed state, then the bug takes effect and you get hit several times instantly while downed. There wasn't "no downstate", you went into downed state and subsequently took ~46,000 damage while downed, killing you.

It isn't a build that's actually useful, it's just a gimmick in conjunction with a bug and people are taking advantage of it.

Except I've been hit by 21k by gazelle outside of downstate (which then put me into downstate). Stop trying to justify this. There shouldn't be an instance where an AI CONTROLLED PET does more burst in one hit than the most damaging player abilities in game. I don't give a kitten how hard it is to land.

That isn't the bug though. The bug is the multi hit.

So according to you it's fine to get literally one shot by a pet. This was after me engaging on far after the match started, 10 seconds into the fight against a ranger.

According to you, this is fine. Good design. Because it's "highly telegraphed", this is fine.

I'm just glad you will never work as a game designer anywhere lol :D

@Razor.6392 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Razor.6392 said:

26,252 + 8,507 +14,461 + 8,507 + 14,461 =Instantly blasted with 72,188 damage FROM A PET. My health pool is 23k...

Also no downstate lmao!

It's obvious that you haven't actually read the thread. Basically, some Rangers are running builds that buff their gazelle to do a lot of damage with charge. There is currently a bug with the skill that allows it to hit multiple times if the target is in the downed state; basically, the first hit puts you in downed state, then the bug takes effect and you get hit several times instantly while downed. There wasn't "no downstate", you went into downed state and subsequently took ~46,000 damage while downed, killing you.

It isn't a build that's actually useful, it's just a gimmick in conjunction with a bug and people are taking advantage of it.

Except I've been hit by 21k by gazelle outside of downstate (which then put me into downstate). Stop trying to justify this. There shouldn't be an instance where an AI CONTROLLED PET does more burst in one hit than the most damaging player abilities in game. I don't give a kitten how hard it is to land.

So according to you it's fine to get literally one shot by a pet. This was after me engaging on far after the match started, 10 seconds into the fight against a ranger.

According to you, this is fine. Good design. Because it's "highly telegraphed", this is fine.

I'm just glad you will
never
work as a game designer anywhere lol :D

What he's saying is the bug isn't the initial dmg , which is correct. It's that it hits you multiple times which is the bug.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@ZhouX.8742 said:As a ranger main , there has been some stupid kitten with ranger bugs before but this is beyond defending.

With spellbreaker/scourge most definitely getting toned down you will see other classes rise up a little bit. But by all means, don't defend this kitten. It's stupid and trying to portray it as intended functionality and somehow getting randomly hit for 50k by a pet is any way healthy for the game.

It's obviously going to get fixed but what surprises me (I guess I
shouldn't
be though) is the people defending this bug.

That is where the damage comes from though, everybody defending that this damage is normal even if you run remorseless with GS which you don't need to , I tested many many variations of it yesterday and was getting 30k hits with longbow and sword/dagger , you don't need half of the shit you mentioned in your list to obtain the numbers to one shot somebody. You guys are just making shit up and based on the video Lugh was able to get from doing that, but you don't need that stuff.

You can run a rather tanky skirmish build and still get one shot numbers to give you a massive advantage in small group / 1v1 fights.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

It's obviously going to get fixed but what surprises me (I guess I
shouldn't
be though) is the people defending this bug.

That is where the damage comes from though, everybody defending that this damage is normal even if you run remorseless with GS which you don't need to , I tested many many variations of it yesterday and was getting 30k hits with longbow and sword/dagger , you don't need half of the kitten you mentioned in your list to obtain the numbers to one shot somebody. You guys are just making kitten up and based on the video Lugh was able to get from doing that, but you don't
need
that stuff.

You can run a rather tanky skirmish build and still get one shot numbers to give you a massive advantage in small group / 1v1 fights.

If you can post a video that'd be great, I just can't see it doing 30k damage without those modifiers. I'm open-minded enough to change it if some evidence comes forth.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

@Frostball.9108 said:

@Frostball.9108 said:

years

• Clarion Bond
  • Moment of Clarity
  • Remorseless
  • Ancient Seeds
  • Quickening Zephyr
  • Sic Em
  • Strength of the Pack
  • A stowed pet

That's actually really impressive. Thanks for this breakdown. If its possible in the future, it would be helpful if classes under fire like this for nerfing explained specifically what happens to lead to such impressive numbers, so people can see how situational with is.

'Cause more than once I have said "he's just pressing 4 to win while I have all of this setup" when the story could have easily been a meticulously crafted burst.I'm looking at the video to confirm this is right, just to make sure; but if it it rolls out like that then damn, props to gazelle bursts.

Indeed there was a daze/Interrupt, hilt bash checks outmaul cast right after. checks out.Ancient Seed checks out.Same for stowed pet. Can't check on the pet traits, but lets assume that's true.How do you know strength of the pack was ending?Stowing pets -A pet can also be "stowed" (or put away) by clicking on the down-arrow button in the pet bar while not in combat.That ranger didn't have a pet out until he was right on top of you, so he was not in combat. Thus, opening strike checks out.Quickening Zephyr checks out. I saw the visual for it.Lets say he used sic em as well, since its a shout with no cast time.

This assessment... actually looks pretty valid. That ranger built specifically for making sure that burst landed and got all the way to the point without being in combat, behind the person in question, to set that up. entangle wouldnt work for that either, because it would put the range in combat.

So either that's the players fault for getting hilt bashed and thus entangled on the point, or his team's fault for not at least tapping the ranger.I suppose. @Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 , would this burst work if the ranger was put in combat before landing that hilt bash?

@ChocolateBlaze.7840 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

@ChocolateBlaze.7840 said:It really surprises me how many people still don't have reading comprehension skills. This bug has been explained multiple times in many threads, including this one, yet people still don't understand how it works or what exactly is going on even after it was just explained to them.

In that first video posted, the one testing it against the warrior npc, the second time the gazelle charges the warrior, it does 20k, not downing the warrior, therefore it did not proc the extra hits, which only proc during the downstate. The first time the gazelle charges the warrior, you can see that the first hit of the charge downs the warrior, therefore proccing the extra hits.

AND as many people have said before, this setup is absolutely garbage for actual pvp. You could kill the ranger by just looking at him. And most of the time, the gazelle is just walking around like a lost puppy looking for food, trying to paw at you but constantly missing cause you aint got time fo dat.

Does the damage need to toned down a little bit? Maybe. Nerfed by a large percent? No, it's not "way overtuned".

yeah its not like someone is posting video proof of a Sind (professional level thief) getting rekt by this or anything.......

I wasnt going to @ people but apparently you STILL dont get it.

Sind had 2k hp before he was hit by the gazelle. He gets hit by charge, downing him. NOW THE BUG COMES IN and does the rest of the 52k damage. The initial damage from the charge is not bad at all if you run a real setup instead of this garbage. In this particular situation, unbugged gazelle still would have downed him anyway. And then he could have been stomped. Or the gazelle could keep hitting him til he died.

Yes he was but my point was he got hit by it. Listening to all the ranger mains getting hit by Gazelle's should never happen to anyone with a decent ELO.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Indeed there was a daze/Interrupt, hilt bash checks outmaul cast right after. checks out.Ancient Seed checks out.Same for stowed pet. Can't check on the pet traits, but lets assume that's true.How do you know strength of the pack was ending?
Stowing pets
-A pet can also be "stowed" (or put away) by clicking on the down-arrow button in the pet bar while not in combat.That ranger didn't have a pet out until he was right on top of you, so he was not in combat. Thus, opening strike checks out.Quickening Zephyr checks out. I saw the visual for it.Lets say he used sic em as well, since its a shout with no cast time.

This assessment... actually looks pretty valid. That ranger built specifically for making sure that burst landed and got all the way to the point without being in combat, behind the person in question, to set that up. entangle wouldnt work for that either, because it would put the range in combat.

So either that's the players fault for getting hilt bashed and thus entangled on the point, or his team's fault for not at least tapping the ranger.I suppose. @Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 , would this burst work if the ranger was put in combat before landing that hilt bash?

It would be hit or miss depending on how long before the burst attempt the ranger was put into combat. Too long before, and some of the important buffs would wear out. Even right before, though, might cause the gazelle to use the skill without the setup, or use it before ancient seeds procs and potentially miss.

@Razor.6392 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Razor.6392 said:

Also no downstate lmao!

I'm just glad you will
never
work as a game designer anywhere lol :D

High damage on a "high telegraphed" skill is fine.High damage/utility on a "zero telegraph" skill isn't.

I can 1 shot you using maul and tiger, both are highly telegraphed, yet I don't see anyone complaining about the damage numbers there. In PvP, I've hit 13k on both maul and tiger's f2 which is more than enough to take someone into the downstate and I can do it twice as often as I can use Gazelle's Charge.

I'm just glad you can't dodge highly telegraphed skills 10 seconds into a fight lmfao. Never heard of an opening burst? 1 less player to worry about lol :D

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Frostball.9108 said:

@Frostball.9108 said:

years

• Clarion Bond
  • Moment of Clarity
  • Remorseless
  • Ancient Seeds
  • Quickening Zephyr
  • Sic Em
  • Strength of the Pack
  • A stowed pet

That's actually really impressive. Thanks for this breakdown. If its possible in the future, it would be helpful if classes under fire like this for nerfing explained specifically what happens to lead to such impressive numbers, so people can see how situational with is.

'Cause more than once I have said "he's just pressing 4 to win while I have all of this setup" when the story could have easily been a meticulously crafted burst.I'm looking at the video to confirm this is right, just to make sure; but if it it rolls out like that then kitten, props to gazelle bursts.

Indeed there was a daze/Interrupt, hilt bash checks outmaul cast right after. checks out.Ancient Seed checks out.Same for stowed pet. Can't check on the pet traits, but lets assume that's true.How do you know strength of the pack was ending?
Stowing pets
-A pet can also be "stowed" (or put away) by clicking on the down-arrow button in the pet bar while not in combat.That ranger didn't have a pet out until he was right on top of you, so he was not in combat. Thus, opening strike checks out.Quickening Zephyr checks out. I saw the visual for it.Lets say he used sic em as well, since its a shout with no cast time.

I could see the icon for Strength of the Pack flashing under his health bar, you could also see a large stack of stability, Ranger's only source of stab.One point made there was the use of Zephyr's Speed, not Quickening Zephyr, which would have taken effect alongside Clarion Bond. I was mistaken about Sic Em, he did not use it, the revealed effect did not appear on the FBs bar.To do that burst while already in combat, reliably, you'd need to start from a different pet, have pet swap and the traits off CD, swapping to the Gazelle when in close range. If you just allow the AI to control the Gazelle from anywhere, it will be easily avoided.

So I can't find the post in this thread that said it for some reason or else I'd quote it. But someone was saying something to the effect of "don't let rangers trick you into believing this takes set up. All you have to do is have opening strike, sic'em, and GS 2. It's that simple".

I wanted to see if this was actually true. Before POF I played a sub-optimal power LB/GS build because I enjoyed it. I took MM, BM, and Druid. I also took signets. I did not however take Sic'em. So I swapped out a signet for sic'em and tested it on the profession npcs in the heart of mists a few times. Made sure I had opening strike, hit sic'em, and sword two. Gazelle hit for 20k+ 100% of the time.

So I was like, "Okay let's try it in pvp to see how it translates". I'm not uber awesome at pvp yet so I'm only in gold 2. So probably a lot of bad players. So take it with a grain of salt. But I was able to one shot players with gazelle several times during each match. It was pretty easy. Usually it was while +1 someone who was distracted. Wait for them to use dodge, sic'em, GS 2. Bam dead. It really was that simple.

I think the gazelle does that much damage randomly too sometimes without sic'em. Because I was 1v2 a guardian and Mesmer and my gazelle "one" shot the guardian with the multi hit bug (about 57k). A Mesmer ported in right as my gazelle attacked the guardian. So I kites the Mesmer just a bit and a couple seconds later my gazelle one shot the Mesmer without either GS or sic'em. Not sure how that happened. Probably a fluke. But it's happened a few times.

But I was able to land the sic'em + GS 2 combo gazelle one shot attack about 60% of the time. Not super high odds, but enough to be super annoying.

@otto.5684 said:Last night I was fighting a ranger 1v1 hit by he gazelle for with a 15k hit on the first hit... ironically I won. but ya, if you are below 75% hp you can be instantly downed.

Though we all know this is a bugged that will be fixed.

In reading this thread it sounds like people are saying the 50-70k multi hit thing is a bug, but not the initial one shot.

Honestly I think the initial one shot is the thing that is more of a problem. But honestly it is easy to dodge. So I don't care if they change it or not. I was more curious about how much was actually involved in pulling it off.

The skill hits 5 targets once but it can bug and hit all 5 hits on 1 target, in addition the base damage if going beastmastery line is 4.2k. In addition bm boosts pets ferocity. With nature magic you can also copy boons from you to your pet. This means you can give your pet a lot of might via strength of the pack as well as stability, fury,quickness, etc. Also their is a trait in nm that increases pet damage 1% per boon on you this with a firebrand is an easy 5 to 10 percent damage boost. Also greatsword can give charge a 50 percent damage boost if maul lands prior. I have seen my gazelle crit 16k on 1 hit of charge and then the player downs causing the bug to go for 10k 4 more times double downing a player. I have a screenshot of this but am out of town will upload when back at pc.

Tldr - the multihit is bugged and with 50-60 percent more pet damage and increased stats via traits plus vulnerability the rock gazelle does indeed have the ability to do some major damage.

The fact people got hit with the gazelle in the first place is what makes me grin like the devil himself. Take note, you are getting hit by a skill that doesn't auto-target you like the smokescale shadowstep does.

Yes, it is very much bugged but it also says something about your skill. Or lack thereof with some of the people that have been wanting to use false numbers.

Archived