"There's nothing to do at level 80!"

Jimbru.6014

A lot of games claim to start when you hit max level, this one really does just start at max level. There is a ton of things that can be done. But you do have to see the other side of it, we need things like new elite specs because for players that have been here the whole time they might have been there, done it. So new maps, activities, play styles, new events do help to keep older content more of interest. I mostly WvW, that's pretty fresh most days since players keep it changing, but lack of content or changes there are felt even more so since very little has changed over time. If someone says cata wall bay odds are good people know where you are talking. So I will tell a new player they have years of content and lots of exploring to do, but I can't also understand when a long time player says, so now what?

@"Jimbru.6014" said:I see that complaint and variations of it a lot. So being an engineering type in real life and primarily an Asura player in game, I decided to do some research to determine if there actually was nothing to do.

In the last 36 hours or so, I have:

• Completed two maps on my Deadeye toward another Gift of Exploration.

• Entered WvW with my Soulbeast, joined a party in EotM, captured all the specials, completed all the one-time achieves and scored a couple of roamer kills on the way.

• Tagged up on my Mirage in TD and led SCAR meta start to finish.

• Two days of PVE and WvW dailies. Also spent some Mirage time porting the daily JPs.

• Did lots of events and gathering in parallel with all of the above.

• Lots of guild fun time just messing around in DR. Light RP, listening to music, just being with friends.

Conclusion: People who complain there's nothing to do in this game have no idea WTK they're talking about.

You realize you are complaining about people having different interests than you? You are also being quite disengenous with your stance.

• For a player that has made multiple legendaries or has no interest in legendaries, there is no need for a GoE. If they've already done a world completion, why would they do another? Especially if they don't find world completion fun, why would you ask them to do it again?
  • For a player that has been playing WvW since release. It's a dying mode and the competitive scene is mostly gone. This is due to lack of updates and general maintenance on the mode. The only thing they have to look forward to is Alliances. However, almost two years out and there is still not much info about when; also most likely a little bit too late.
  • For a player that has played the Meta's regularly since release, this is nothing new? That's what 1-1.5 hours at most, including idle time.
  • For a player that has kept up to date with each release, what PvE is there for them to do? Also wvw dailies can be done in 15-20 min most of the time. If 20 minutes of daily game time is content to you then I am not quite sure what to say.
  • What about a player that has already done all of these events over and over...and gathering? Not everyone enjoys either of those things anyways.
  • A good chunk guilds are a shell of what they were, I was part of five guilds. Now, its down to one being "active" and there's about 20 total people that log in sporadically.

You went and cherry picked some things that you haven't done in a while and used it as a blanket statement for saying see - everyone else is wrong.

The truth is there are things to do but a lot of players have already played them to death and they would like new content/things to do. You don't have to agree with that but it doesn't make their points invalid.

For those that play the game with each release, they have more and more of a content drought. Today they will get a new episode and achievements to hunt but it leaves out a good chunk of other players. For example, if someone really enjoys fractals or raids, when is the next time they get a new fractal or raid? Or would you tell them to go play the same ones over and over and be happy about it?

• Like 1

Gw2 is as rich as any aaa mmorpg, and is arguably the richest in content due to the level cap.

I personally like the genre and rotate between all content bar raiding. I have wvw since day 1, I have a couple legendaries and all t h e mounts, with my next pve goal being the new food. I spvp. And sometimes I wander old metas. My overall meta game is wvw rank, spvp rank. Achievement points, self sufficiency in gold and playing builds I enjoy.

As others have said, the game is what you make it. Peeope don't get the genre and think it should produce more content than has ever been produced in a game before.

While there are tons of things to do, many things have become pointless for me at this stage. Mainly because doing anything the 100th time for nothing just simply gets old. I don't even get great exotic drops in year 7. Everything I have are things I bought or crafted. That doesn't satisfy anything for me. Spvp has been really the only thing that has given me my "oh wow, that just happened" moments where other games give me that in multiple ways. 1 Precursor drop in 7 years. I've never had a nice infusion come my way. Champion bags had a decent avenue of acquiring some of the newer exotics that actually drop, but they killed the farming of them essentially years ago, you know...the few that drop from certain champ types of which we initially thought we supposed to be like the green weapons in GW1.Long story short...just an unrewarding experience these days. Sad that the game is basically, work towards buying items on the tp.

• Like 1