Noob question regarding new elite spec: Berzerker, what should I do?

Kabuki Theatre.9752

Just trained for Berzerker. A couple questions to all Warriors:

1) Did you pick a torch to use? Why, or why not?2) Does a torch even make sense for a Berzerker?3) What kind of build did you make? Advantages . . . Disadvantages of each?4 If you changed anything after awhile, what are the best changes you can recommend?

Thanks in advance for all your helpful advice!

Congratulations on training Berserker!The torch is for condi berserker, and although condi is easier to play, it is harder to gear as it uses Viper's.There are many ways to play, mostly depending on the content you want to do. As I made mine for a raid group I primarily use power (berserker stats) axe/axe.I sometimes am more of a dps support, bringing banners; other times I bring outrage to extend my berserk mode and deal more damage while bringing a utility for cc or as needed.

Thanks for your input.Right now, I'm just working my way through HoT.Just got Berzerker last night, and am trying to figure out what build to make.Got Advanced Glider out of HoT, which is all I need there.Have had the raptor for awhile, since I did PoF 1st part just to get it.So, I'm just wondering about the Berzerker thing and how it all fits in.thanks again for your input.

1) Torch is for Condi which has been said.2) Condi DPS can be maxed out without needing full Vipers (an amulet alone is fine):http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAw+NlFwoYcsOmJWaX1tUA-zRRYfRHnvZQBnRHShQUBK9gICbA9HkxwB4WO13C-e3) Build depends on what game mode you are rolling. Condi is pretty much for Raids. Power DPS and Power Banner DPS are fairly similar and have simple rotations. Axe/Axe + Mace/shield or Mace/Mace for FotM or Raids. For WvW Rifle + GS are great fun. Arc Divider is quite good at clearing out enemy health pools when you know what you are doing. Sword/Axe on a power build is fun as well.

Honestly, play with each of the weapons, find which Primal Bursts you like to use best, and build around that. Even for FotM unless you are speed clearing the dailies anything works. Its only when you get into speed clears, raids, or PvP that your build REALLY matters to any extent. Even WvW, so long as it is a competent setup and you are playing with others, you should have fun.

In pve open world, power berserker with greatsword is really fun and satisfying to use.

For start, I'd recommend:

Strength mid-mid-midDefense bottom-top-bottomBerserker top top top

utilities : blood reckoning, shake it off, signet of fury, outrage and headbutt.

To kill stuff, you go signet of fury, berserker mode, f1 great sword, healing skill, then f1 again. Finish the job with skill 2 or 3.

To survive, weakness from the defense line is great and there is a good synergy between rousing resilience and the combo headbutt /outrage. It's also fitting to berserker that you survive by hitting stuff (F1 gives back some health if you are hitting multiple ennemies due to adrenal health and might makes me right)

As you get better, you can swap defense for discipline(Middle-bottom-bottom) and drop shake it off for a physical skill and go for strength bottom-middle-top.

@Hugs.1856 said:In pve open world, power berserker with greatsword is really fun and satisfying to use.

For start, I'd recommend:

Strength mid-mid-midDefense bottom-top-bottomBerserker top top top

utilities : blood reckoning, shake it off, signet of fury, outrage and headbutt.

To kill stuff, you go signet of fury, berserker mode, f1 great sword, healing skill, then f1 again. Finish the job with skill 2 or 3.

To survive, weakness from the defense line is great and there is a good synergy between rousing resilience and the combo headbutt /outrage. It's also fitting to berserker that you survive by hitting stuff (F1 gives back some health if you are hitting multiple ennemies due to adrenal health and might makes me right)

As you get better, you can swap defense for discipline(Middle-bottom-bottom) and drop shake it off for a physical skill and go for strength bottom-middle-top.

Wow! Thanks very much for the detailed spec!

• 2 weeks later...

@chicos.7165 said:Guys can you link a rifle + gs build for wvw ? Is it working well ?

Not working well, its all projectile based, so 1 reflect can kitten you up. Yes, you can play signet of might, but still thats only 6sec of unblockable.

You bring nothing for your team as rifle zerker.

Pretty much every other ranged dps class does a way better job at it, and also brings something else (necro has corrupts, herold has boons for his group, ele does best dps and has some support)

You better stick to spb and provide winds of disenchantment for your team (one well placed bubble helps your group more than any rifle skill will ever do over the course of the fight)

If you want to know for roaming... Its a gimmick build, you will kill unaware foes, but ppl that know whats up will pretty easily outplay you on rifle zerker.