Whisper in the Dark

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Gonna grab some food. You can release it after I've eaten, but not before.

;)

You all heard Randulf, I'll run downstairs and tell everyone to hold the update.

(I will not do that, don't worry. ;) )

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:We're currently preparing for today's Guild Wars 2 release of "Whisper in the Dark". We're finishing some last minute tests and will release the update as soon as they're complete!

Thanks Rubi! Lots of us are very excited!

ME TOO! Honestly everyone here is. We are super excited to get this into your hands.

I really love how you decided to answer two fluff posts, and skip the 'hey, you had months to make it work, why are you doing it now' one.

@shejesa.3712 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Gonna grab some food. You can release it after I've eaten, but not before.

;)

You all heard Randulf, I'll run downstairs and tell everyone to hold the update.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:We're currently preparing for today's Guild Wars 2 release of "Whisper in the Dark". We're finishing some last minute tests and will release the update as soon as they're complete!

ME TOO! Honestly everyone here is. We are super excited to get this into your hands.

I really love how you decided to answer two fluff posts, and skip the 'hey, you had months to make it work, why are you doing it now' one.

Because it wasn't a fair comment prob. Every game has preparations to be made on the live day where a major patch is concerned. It's not a case of not doing it earlier, it's a case of - this is how it works

@Randulf.7614 said:

;)

Because it wasn't a fair comment prob. Every game has preparations to be made on the live day where a major patch is concerned. It's not a case of not doing it earlier, it's a case of - this is how it works

It was a fair comment. You're not supposed to check errors or test stuff an hour before supposed release date.

@shejesa.3712 said:

;)

It was a fair comment. You're not supposed to check errors or test stuff an hour before supposed release date.

In a game as complex and constantly changing as this, I expect testing right up to the final moment. Which is what they are doing. And what other MMOs do as well

@shejesa.3712 said:

;)

Sometimes it happens that everything is nice and tested, then you put it on new instances of servers, but it randomly crashes. Why? Oh, just technicians changed something in OS of server last week and it wasn't accounted for during tests...or OS update happened..or anything. This is IT life in a nutshell. Catching it before it goes live is still above average situation and not always is granted.

Man, some people get real bitter about a free release not being on time.

Thank you Rubi and all the devs who are working so hard on quality content you’ve made freely available to us. If it needed to be delayed for a week just to iron out a few bugs, then all the better for when it does release. Programming and game design can be downright frustrating sometimes, but know that many of us (particularly some of us who don’t use the forums as often) truly appreciate all that you do!

Let's say that Releases are to be tested one week before release. During said test, 3 bugs are found. It takes a week to find the bugs and change the code. Would one not desire a test of this new code before going live?

Thus, in my opinion, the Devs, at times (if not always), should definitely be checking errors and testing stuff an hour before release.

@shejesa.3712 said:

;)

cry when there is bugs.cry when they fix bug and release is dalayed.make up your mind dude