Whisper in the Dark

wow, i'm not just EXCITED and EAGER TO PLAY "Whisper in the Dark" but also think that wait-time is worth it as chapter is going so interesting (i think) but it's very important to be informative in release and how much time still need(approx. if can't be accurate) so people can know if they have to keep waiting or do some real life activities (or some other things), Thank you for reading

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

@Salicia.5943 said:It has been a very long time... 1h 30m it's late now? (assuming 10am pst is the launch time). I was hoping to play some to pass the time before an interview but oh well =\

We want you to play too! I'm watching for updates and will be sending you all information the instant I have it. The teams working on things are going as quickly as they can–they all want this update in your hands as much as you do.

@"Achraf Hidouri.8029" said:wow, i'm not just EXCITED and EAGER TO PLAY "Whisper in the Dark" but also think that wait-time is worth it as chapter is going so interesting (i think) but it's very important to be informative in release and how much time still need(approx. if can't be accurate) so people can know to wait keep waiting or do some real life activities (or some other things), Thank you for reading

i would really like to know if europeans like me shouldn´t bother trying to wait till it hits and just get our stuff done and go to sleep....welp though i dont expect too much story content in these updates^^

@Fangoth.3164 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Gonna grab some food. You can release it after I've eaten, but not before.

;)

You all heard Randulf, I'll run downstairs and tell everyone to hold the update.

(I will not do that, don't worry. ;) )

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:We're currently preparing for today's Guild Wars 2 release of "Whisper in the Dark". We're finishing some last minute tests and will release the update as soon as they're complete!

Thanks Rubi! Lots of us are very excited!

ME TOO! Honestly everyone here is. We are super excited to get this into your hands.

I really love how you decided to answer two fluff posts, and skip the 'hey, you had months to make it work, why are you doing it now' one.

Because it wasn't a fair comment prob. Every game has preparations to be made on the live day where a major patch is concerned. It's not a case of not doing it earlier, it's a case of - this is how it works

It was a fair comment. You're not supposed to check errors or test stuff an hour before supposed release date.

cry when there is bugs.cry when they fix bug and release is dalayed.make up your mind dude

I made up my mind.Get us a release that doesn't have major bugs because you fixed them earlier than the day you release it.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@Salicia.5943 said:It has been a very long time... 1h 30m it's late now? (assuming 10am pst is the launch time). I was hoping to play some to pass the time before an interview but oh well =\

We want you to play too! I'm watching for updates and will be sending you all information the instant I have it. The teams working on things are going as quickly as they can–they all want this update in your hands as much as you do.

tell them they have time^^ better an (almost) bug-free update than one like the last one.... with constant crashes :pthey only told a date, not an time

They should also have a stable version which can go live on time.The IT has deadlines like any other department. Yes code should be tested all the time but by that logic it'd be fine if they never released anyhting due to tests still going on?They should always have a stable version ready foor the release date, in the worst case they'd have to temporarily disable some features on release and fix them asap. Like the choya fighting pit in crystal oasis - oh wait, they never actually released that :(

@shejesa.3712 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Gonna grab some food. You can release it after I've eaten, but not before.

;)

You all heard Randulf, I'll run downstairs and tell everyone to hold the update.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:We're currently preparing for today's Guild Wars 2 release of "Whisper in the Dark". We're finishing some last minute tests and will release the update as soon as they're complete!

ME TOO! Honestly everyone here is. We are super excited to get this into your hands.

I really love how you decided to answer two fluff posts, and skip the 'hey, you had months to make it work, why are you doing it now' one.

Because it wasn't a fair comment prob. Every game has preparations to be made on the live day where a major patch is concerned. It's not a case of not doing it earlier, it's a case of - this is how it works

It was a fair comment. You're not supposed to check errors or test stuff an hour before supposed release date.

cry when there is bugs.cry when they fix bug and release is dalayed.make up your mind dude

I made up my mind.Get us a release that doesn't have major bugs because you fixed them earlier than the day you release it.

Things do happen. I'd rather they find what happened before they release it, take it back, make it right, and then deliver. Imagine if they just delivered, with all the things that are wrong with it. You might like that though, it seems.

@shejesa.3712 said:

;)

Unless of course a bug fix for something else causes more bugs to pop up.

@"Blood.7254" said:Rubi, you're the real MVP =)

Fingers tripple crossed it's soon. Not "snowstorm" soon tho. If ya know what I mean.

Please dont let me get flashbacks to that lake doric release xD,

But take the time needed there everyone, I am eager to play but i can understand that testing has to been done.

@Kyra Tribeca.4912 said:My dad used to slap the tv to get it going sometimes, maybe try that ;)

FUNNY, but true, STORY TIME!!!When I was in college I worked for the Instructional Media Center on campus as an engineer. We were responsible for all the audio visual equipment on campus. One day we get a call from the police academy (co-located in one of our campus facilities) that the mic they use to record the classes (legally required to record the students in the classes for officer-liability law suits after graduation) wasn't working. So I head over there to take a look. The director of the academy is up in his office, his deputy is in the classroom with me and they're talking to each other via walkie-talkie. So I check the mic and the cabling, nothing is wrong with any of it, so I start tracing it back to the amp...and the amp is sitting on a ceiling tile, in the duct space above the drop ceiling (I'm sure they could have found a worse place to put it...I'm just not sure where that could have been). Check the cables, power, everything - it's all fine. Then I flip the amp over and the director calls on the radio that he had audio for just a second and then it went away again. So I flip the amp upside down again and he said it happened again. So I hold the amp up in my left hand and firmly slapped it with my right hand, and the director yells over the radio he's got the audio back and it sounds better than it ever has before! Before getting down off the ladder, I shake my finger at the amp and tell it that if I have to come back, next time it won't be just a slap. I thought the entire class was going to fall out of their chairs laughing, and I later heard that the director laughed so hard that he had tears. Never had another problem with that amp while I was working there, either.

Fine, I'll be the devil in this one B)For people saying "hur durr, either you want a rushed and buggy release or you're patient and they release the non buggy version" - EVERY released version will be buggy. Whatever is causing this delay must be game breaking buggy. Once that's half sorted, we'll get the regular buggy version =)

@shejesa.3712 said:

;)

good was annonced on 2020 the 2019 was a typo they may be about 1 year early, nice

@Ghos.1326@Astral Projections.7320I have a really strange feeling you are missing something... Have you ever thought that you could have stuff ready EARLIER than a day before? For example a week. So even if something unexpected happens you have a whole week to fix it.It's not highschool, you won't weasel through when you're preparing that presentation a day before.

Actually they have to make sure all the credits are correct for when it comes up thanking us for playing their game for so long and sad to say gw2 is over with. That one guy said we are not done yet so I figure that is what this is supposed to be so he definitely knows when its coming to the end now.

@shejesa.3712 said:

@Ghos.1326@Astral Projections.7320I have a really strange feeling you are missing something... Have you ever thought that you could have stuff ready EARLIER than a day before? For example a week. So even if something unexpected happens you have a whole week to fix it.It's not highschool, you won't weasel through when you're preparing that presentation a day before.

I’m going to guess you don’t do any coding.

@"blueberry.2504" said:I did some household/cleaning work in the meantime. Years ago i would be zombieing at my keyboard till the patch, not anymore. Much healthier for body and mind ;)

I'm ensuring the right frame of mind by running Darkest Dungeon in the background....

"The mind cannot hope to stand such an assault..."