Whisper in the Dark

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:Give your staff the time and tension-free atmosphere to work on a good solution. If it takes another day, fine. If it takes another week, fine as well. Whatever keeps you from releasing the patch appears to be a serious matter. This should be investigated and solved with a clear mind, without stress and external pressure. Stress is a great source of errors and mistakes.

So I would like to ask you, to postpone the release to tomorrow. Your staff should be able to communicate the true nature of the problem until then. If the issue turns out to be more serious than expected, extend the delay to a week. We are not in a hurry.

It takes as long as it takes.

Who's "We" ? I'm not part of this "We"...Actually, I'm very much part of the "We" who are willing to wait for the developers to resolve whatever this problem is. Like many others I've been eagerly waiting all day, checking every few minutes to see if this installment has gone live yet. However, I've been through enough buggy updates with all their attendant hassles to be grateful that Anet caught whatever this issue is before the update went live. I'd rather wait a bit than go through the frustration of repeated disconnects, freezes, and complete crashes that bugs all too often cause.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thoughts after doing part of the story: I like the story so far but...

Yet another map to not return to after completion. And I will tell you why:

• The massive ice build up visuals on screen during storm to such extend that on half stack, I simply cannot see enough anymore and relog to get rid of it. It is also very hard to figure out how to permanently get rid of that ice effect during the storm. It happened in the middle of an event, and people said to go to ... but come on during an unrelated event? You want us to abandon events so we can get rid of this visual monstrocity?

• Map completion took ow I think 15 minutes?

• Events: The sheer stacks of slowdown conditions from enemies is outragious. I died because I simply got stun upon stun upon stun upon stun and slowdowns, locks etc etc etc... from 3, YES ONLY 3!!! enemies. No amount of condition cleansing can deal with that, It is too much. I like a challenge, but this is leaving me no chance to even push a d... button to counter. Right before stun 1 released my keys back to me, stun 2 came, then 3, then 4, then 5, then 6... Yes I counted. 13(!!!!!!) consecutive stuns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The constant "reminder" That I cannot pick up essences untill I trained blabla... seriously? I get close and I get that... about 2 to 3 times a minute? MID SCREEN IN BIG BOLD RED LETTERS?!?! I actually have half a brain and don't need that many reminders JUST because I killed an enemy and he dropped something I cannot pick up (yet)

And you wonder why people rush through things, it is to get rid of these annoyances. you MAKE us rush through it.

Hugely disapointed

@"Tuna Bandit.3786" said:First thoughts after doing part of the story: I like the story so far but...

• The massive ice build up visuals on screen during storm to such extend that on half stack, I simply cannot see enough anymore and relog to get rid of it. It is also very hard to figure out how to permanently get rid of that ice effect during the storm. It happened in the middle of an event, and people said to go to ... but come on during an unrelated event? You want us to abandon events so we can get rid of this visual monstrocity?

• Events: The sheer stacks of slowdown conditions from enemies is outragious. I died because I simply got stun upon stun upon stun upon stun and slowdowns, locks etc etc etc... from 3, YES ONLY 3!!! enemies. No amount of condition cleansing can deal with that, It is too much. I like a challenge, but this is leaving me no chance to even push a d... button to counter. Right before stun 1 released my keys back to me, stun 2 came, then 3, then 4, then 5, then 6... Yes I counted. 13(!!!!!!) consecutive stuns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The constant "reminder" That I cannot pick up essences untill I trained blabla... seriously? I get close and I get that... about 2 to 3 times a minute? MID SCREEN IN BIG BOLD RED LETTERS?!?! I actually have half a brain and don't need that many reminders JUST because I killed an enemy and he dropped something I cannot pick up (yet)

And you wonder why people rush through things, it is to get rid of these annoyances. you MAKE us rush through it.

Hugely disapointed

I'm in agreement with all your points. This is not the big improvement I was hoping or expecting.

• The map is very dull - a couple of different sceneries shoved in each corner, throw a champion in...job done
  • The visual noise is an affront to years of feedback to stop with these effects. If you don't want our feedback - stop asking for it
  • Constant screen reminder about the mastery are equally obnoxious.
  • 2 instances so far, with virtually no content. The dialogue is great, the ambient whispers great. The story is bland. The map side stories are non existent
  • The meta was just a mess. Couldn't see a thing going on. It was either massive ice border or huge blue protection bubble obscuring the fight.

I'll finish off feedback later...but I'm a bit...bored already. After the prologue, this is a return to the Kourna way of doing thing and a lack of real substance. You guys were famed for map design and map storytelling. What happened?

finished story in 20minI have no interest in time sink into useless collections and "achievements" that also equate to uselessWhy is the format always the same, but seriously convince me to stay in game and invest my time here... whats the point of it? some chests that have a 1% chance of a infusion? Im done with this pointless game play, I did Auric Basin for 1 year twice a day and only ever got mats, that I dont need so I get gold, that I also dont need.... there is no point to any of it...

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Tuna Bandit.3786" said:First thoughts after doing part of the story: I like the story so far but...

Hugely disapointed

I'm in agreement with all your points. This is not the big improvement I was hoping or expecting.
  • The map is very dull - a couple of different sceneries shoved in each corner, throw a champion in...job done
  • The visual noise is an affront to years of feedback to stop with these effects. If you don't want our feedback - stop asking for it
  • Constant screen reminder about the mastery are equally obnoxious.
  • 2 instances so far, with virtually no content. The dialogue is great, the ambient whispers great. The story is bland. The map side stories are non existent
  • The meta was just a mess. Couldn't see a thing going on. It was either massive ice border or huge blue protection bubble obscuring the fight.

I'll finish off feedback later...but I'm a bit...bored already. After the prologue, this is a return to the Kourna way of doing thing and a lack of real substance. You guys were famed for map design and map storytelling. What happened?

yeah not too much interesting stuff to find....20-30 maybe 40 minutes of story if you take it slowly and remove out all the fighting and running over map you have to do to get to mastery rank 2 to finish it....every enemy that is worth anything has a break bar they spam every 10 seconds or so so make sure to take all your cc weapons and skills against them^^

really shows us how EPIC this icebrood saga gets..... lets just hope we dont get paywalled from being able to continue story/or locking it behind strike missions