Fashion Wars Icebrood Saga Armor Desire

Simply.. I very much desire a really nice armor set to be released that makes sense for someone to wear way up north fighting Jormag. From what I can tell there are no real, decent freezing weather garb that isn't norn specific or a really takky outfit (especially for light armor). I just don't want my character to be wearing light leather in a blizzard :(

(Please fulfill my request Anet. It's very important ;)

P.S. If anyone reads this and they have a winter armor set they like, please share!

Yes. Being norn (well playing one) I'm slightly biased of course, but more norn/north/nordic/slavic style armours would be very welcome across all weights.

Maybe (big hope) we could get some new armour styles inspired by the guild wars 1 norn armour styles? Some styles are already in-game (or very similar adaptations thereof). But others are not, and many I think are very nice.

I'm using the Arctic Explorer Outfit, which I bought for pretty much exactly this reason. I tend to go for bare arms and minimal layers for my characters (not skimpy, but something which isn't bulky or restrictive) and I genuinely feel cold watching them wearing that in the snow, so I got the outfit to switch to in those maps. (For this purpose I prefer an outfit to armour skins because I only want it occasionally and I don't want to spend time transmuting, and pay for it, each time or have to carry around a second set of armour to swap to.)

If I wanted to do something similar with armour I'd go for a mix-and-match set of armour which looks like thick cloth, fur or leather. So with female light armour it would be something like the Apostle top, Drybones leggings, Cabalist hat and then any gloves and shoes which cover them suffiently.

aK3enHO.jpg

Or for light armour just the Devout armour set. Or go for the Flame Legion armour on the basis that it's partially made of fire and therefore probably always warm. For medium I'd probably use the studded, rubicon or mist walker coat, any trousers without gaps and any hat with decent coverage, like the rubicon hat. (I'd pick the fuzzy panda hat, but I try to avoid suggesting gem store skins.)

Also bear in mind norn and sylvari don't feel the cold, they'd be quite happy wearing thin or revealing clothes in the snow, so it's actually more lore friendly for them not to change into cold weather gear. (The picture above is a sylvari just because I don't have a light armoured human to preview skins on.)

None of which means Anet shouldn't add new armour skins which would be appropriate as cold-weather wear. I'm just offering options from what we've got now in case they don't or it takes ages. I'm always in favour of more variety, but I also like putting together themed outfits from what we've already got.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I'm using the Arctic Explorer Outfit, which I bought for pretty much exactly this reason. I tend to go for bare arms and minimal layers for my characters (not skimpy, but something which isn't bulky or restrictive) and I genuinely feel cold watching them wearing that in the snow, so I got the outfit to switch to in those maps. (For this purpose I prefer an outfit to armour skins because I only want it occasionally and I don't want to spend time transmuting, and pay for it, each time or have to carry around a second set of armour to swap to.)

If I wanted to do something similar with armour I'd go for a mix-and-match set of armour which looks like thick cloth, fur or leather. So with female light armour it would be something like the Apostle top, Drybones leggings, Cabalist hat and then any gloves and shoes which cover them suffiently.

aK3enHO.jpg

Or for light armour just the Devout armour set. Or go for the Flame Legion armour on the basis that it's partially made of fire and therefore probably always warm. For medium I'd probably use the studded, rubicon or mist walker coat, any trousers without gaps and any hat with decent coverage, like the rubicon hat. (I'd pick the fuzzy panda hat, but I try to avoid suggesting gem store skins.)

Also bear in mind norn and sylvari don't feel the cold, they'd be quite happy wearing thin or revealing clothes in the snow, so it's actually more lore friendly for them not to change into cold weather gear. (The picture above is a sylvari just because I don't have a light armoured human to preview skins on.)

None of which means Anet shouldn't add new armour skins which would be appropriate as cold-weather wear. I'm just offering options from what we've got now in case they don't or it takes ages. I'm always in favour of more variety, but I also like putting together themed outfits from what we've already got.

It's so cold having cold characters! Thanks!

Also, I actually didn't know that about sylvari. My main is a sylvari and I always assumed that maybe instead of having the typical sensation for cold, they would at least feel slower from their sap blood, etc being chilled. However, after seeing the source of that lore bit, I guess they aren't affected after-all! BUT I do think that a sylvari may still wear winter clothes in an effort to fit in with the other races for the sake of camaraderie, etc.

I play Human and brave the frozen desert with my super warm elonian elementalist outfit.

Still, I imagine anyone that can't conjure magical flames might have difficulty picking outfits on heavy characters. From what I understand, metal on skin in sub zero temperatures tends to lead to frostbite faster than running around commando.

@Krypt Prince.8349 said:Simply.. I very much desire a really nice armor set to be released that makes sense for someone to wear way up north fighting Jormag.

I've suggested something similar before last Wintersday, and I still stand by that request:

! > @"Ashantara.8731" said:! > Wintersday: A perfect time to finally add nordic armor! > ...with lots of fur, pelts, sheep skin, warm cloth etc. (Something rustic, not fancy like the Wintersday outfits we already have.)! >! > Pwetty please? <3! > ´! >! > Example 1! > Example 2! > Example 3! > Example 4! > Example 5! > Example 6! > Example 7! (source)

Edit:VYhr6MG.jpg

one day i will understand why Anet is so alergic to themed sets....

Anet had a bad historic making coeherent sets the worst ofenders was HoT and LS3, in HoT we had Auric Weapons and no Auric Armor, Bladed Armor but no Bladed weaponset... Even worst they "lost" revenant mists weapons(that should acompany the mistwarden armor), lauching that only years later.

Things goes better in LS4 and, in LS4 the sets are very "dragon" themed(banner of commander+requiem armor+dragonblood weapons), and in POF we had the forged stuff...

The themed gear is the thing i miss very much the Neverwinter,, we had avatar of war armor+weapons, black ice armor + weapons and so on.....

@"Reverielle.3972" said:Yes. Being norn (well playing one) I'm slightly biased of course, but more norn/north/nordic/slavic style armours would be very welcome across all weights.

Maybe (big hope) we could get some new armour styles inspired by the guild wars 1 norn armour styles? Some styles are already in-game (or very similar adaptations thereof). But others are not, and many I think are very nice.

The Norn Ranger armour was one of my faves back in the day! <3

@Danikat.8537 said:Also bear in mind norn [...] don't feel the cold, they'd be quite happy wearing thin or revealing clothes in the snow, ...

Judging by the cultural armour sets the female Norn sure do like jumping through the cold in battle bikinis. Male Norn though will cover every inch of their delicate body! /snark

(I know, there are exceptions but the other day I wanted to shop a nice warm looking Norn armour skin for my female guardian and the T3 is great on male but looks like female just got the leftover scraps for some reason... ughh)

@Danikat.8537 said:

True, norn being hot-blooded don't feel ill effects from natural colds, However the unnatural icy environment and chills Jormag presents at various time still bite through. I can't remember the location of the norn NPC that says that though, sorry. But yes, some warm armours/furs can even do the norn some good.

@"Thalimae.3406" said:

Judging by the cultural armour sets the female Norn sure do like jumping through the cold in battle bikinis. Male Norn though will cover every inch of their delicate body! /snark

Yes. As we norn say to a curious (or rather disgusted) asura, Graff, at Peeta's Gate in Hoelbrak, "we wear furs to honour the spirits, not to keep warm." He retorts by saying "Yes, I've seen what passes for clothing around here. The Spirits do not require modesty! Or hygiene. Or manner. No offense." Which is all well and good, but sadly Anet were not brave enough to break away from the gender stereotypes that plague MMOs when it comes to armour.

I've always wanted my human Druid to have armor based around a stag. Sadly most of it seems to be heavy armor themed. I would love to see more light/medium armor being designed after a deer/stag or more Celtic, Scandinavian. I was btw VERY happy when the primal spririt Jackal got released. :D

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I made a collage of the previously linked armor designs, since many people probably won't bother to click on links. ;)

Here they are, a nice collection of nordic/Celtic themed armor:

VYhr6MG.jpg

How I would love to see something like that for Wintersday or The Icebrood Saga.

by Spirits, thats amazing!

@ugrakarma.9416 said:thats my warr Icebrood Sage themed

Well, it doesn't have a Norn feel to it at all, sorry to say this. It looks more like some Dark Lord themed set.

Our current in-game options are very limited, which is why an outfit or armor set with a nordic theme would be very welcome (and by the way, no, the Arctic Explorer outfit is not an acceptable option because it's not a fantasy armor with a nordic theme but simply warm clothes explorers would wear around 1900 when visiting arctic regions).

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:thats my warr Icebrood Sage themed

Well, it doesn't have a Norn feel to it at all, sorry to say this. It looks more like some Dark Lord themed set.

Our current in-game options are very limited, which is why an outfit or armor set with a nordic theme would be very welcome (and by the way, no, the Arctic Explorer outfit is not an acceptable option because it's not a fantasy armor with a nordic theme but simply warm clothes explorers would wear around 1900 when visiting arctic regions).

no worries, your feedback is welcome, agreed really my intention fits more like a " hunter" or " explorer" .