Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Do you play as both genders?


Danikat.8537

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have both male and female characters and I like it that way. I mean seriously who cares? I would much rather watch the backside of a female character for hours on end than a male.

I've been doing this ever since I played a Cora in the game Rising Force Online(RFO). They were basically bondage elves and after a few hours on a male character I was starting to feel a little gay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Loosifah.4738 said:I have both male and female characters and I like it that way. I mean seriously who cares? I would much rather watch the backside of a female character for hours on end than a male.

I don't know how anyone is looking at any butts with the amount of trench coats and butt capes in the game :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Loosifah.4738 said:I have both male and female characters and I like it that way. I mean seriously who cares? I would much rather watch the backside of a female character for hours on end than a male.

I've been doing this ever since I played a Cora in the game Rising Force Online(RFO). They were basically bondage elves and after a few hours on a male character I was starting to feel a little gay.

But it doesn't bother you when you're playing a male character in other games?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me it comes down to a matter of visual aesthetics. I'm male, so in RPGs, or FPSs, if a gender choice is given, this is how I choose. For 1st person games, I always choose male because it feels more like an extension of myself. For 3rd person games, I always choose female, since I figure if I'm going to be spending hours looking at a character's behind on the screen, it's might as well be a female behind. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am female, and I only play female. Occasionally I might look through the options on male, but really that's only to see if there are any cute hairstyles available for males only that I'd like to request be made available for females. I've never been interested in males IRL or in games, feel no reason to play them, and quite frankly I feel uncomfortable playing them. Some people play a gender because they are that gender or identify as that gender, some play a gender because they are attracted to that gender. Me, I play a gender for both reasons at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eh, I'm male and I play both, roughly 50/50, though it changes a bit back and forth randomly.

My main is basically my "self in the game", so a male obese norn guardian. The rest of my characters are either characters I've played in some P&P RPG's, characters I am big fans of from other games or books etc, or in one case a clone of my main character if he was dumb enough to put on the "Cursed Belt of Masculinity/Femininity" from Baldurs Gate 1/D&D.

Edit: I'm not allowed to call my own characters "not-thin".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm female. I primarily play female characters. Generally because they represent aspects of myself. I do have male characters between my assorted accounts, but they are not my favorite characters to play. To me, my male characters feel bulky, and slow, compared to my female characters. I know they aren't in actuality. Run speed is the same across races, the animations are just different. The same with attack animations, the speed is generally the same (sans modifiers of course), its just different art. However, they generate a different...sense of being...I guess, which I don't always necessarily enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@LanfearShadowflame.3189 said:I'm female. I primarily play female characters. Generally because they represent aspects of myself. I do have male characters between my assorted accounts, but they are not my favorite characters to play. To me, my male characters feel bulky, and slow, compared to my female characters. I know they aren't in actuality. Run speed is the same across races, the animations are just different. The same with attack animations, the speed is generally the same (sans modifiers of course), its just different art. However, they generate a different...sense of being...I guess, which I don't always necessarily enjoy.

I know what you mean. The animations don't put me off playing certain characters but they do affect how I see them.

For example I actually find it harder to do jumping puzzles on my asura because the crazy way they run and hurl themselves forward when they jump makes me feel like they should go further. Whereas my female norn jumps about as high and far as I could in real life, so I find it easier to judge whether I can make a jump.

Sometimes though it makes no sense to me. I recently made a female asuran revenant and I couldn't stand the running animation - the way she stuck her elbows out just looked silly to me. But somehow the exact same animation on my guardian doesn't bother me at all. The only difference is the guardian is a bit shorter (min height vs. slightly above average for the revenant).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Danikat.8537 said:

I know what you mean. The animations don't put me off playing certain characters but they do affect how I see them.

For example I actually find it harder to do jumping puzzles on my asura because the crazy way they run and hurl themselves forward when they jump makes me feel like they should go further. Whereas my female norn jumps about as high and far as I could in real life, so I find it easier to judge whether I can make a jump.

Sometimes though it makes no sense to me. I recently made a female asuran revenant and I couldn't stand the running animation - the way she stuck her elbows out just looked silly to me. But somehow the exact same animation on my guardian doesn't bother me at all. The only difference is the guardian is a bit shorter (min height vs. slightly above average for the revenant).

Yes, I can definitely understand the bolded feeling. I've completely hated certain of my own characters until I adjusted their height, or their body style (sometimes fractionally). I couldn't stand Ebony until I made her shorter. Everything else is absolutely the same, but she just didn't feel right until I redid her height. I spend hours making and remaking new characters because of these things. Its nice to know I'm not the only oddball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a male and I always play characters of both genders in any game that I have multiple characters in. One of the highest priorities for me in any game is variety, and that includes gender variety. I want to hear the dialogue of both genders, see the armor and general difference in appearance of both genders, as much variety as possible. Thus far on my account I have 4 male characters and 4 female characters. Every class except Warrior. If / when I ever make a Warrior it'll probably be a female Charr, though I'm honestly hoping I'll get a new race at some point and be able to make a character of that race (Tengu!).

The armor variety is a little problematic in this game thanks to the fact that Charr and Asura both use a single armor variation for either gender. On many levels I very much appreciate that, as I love the fact that both of those races aren't just "humans with animal heads" as many other fantasy games do, and thus don't have the stereotypical"they have breasts because... human body I guess?" thing going on. I have no interest in playing a human or a norn as I find humans boring in fantasy games (and Norn, females anyway, are basically just "big humans" in terms of appearance). So I'm pretty limited in what race / gender combination I can play if I want to actually see the female armor, just female Sylvari. I have a female heavy armor user and a female medium armor user, but because I really don't want 3 female Sylvari I don't have a light armor character with female armor. Which I'm not TOO upset by, as I also am not a fan of skimpy armor and it seems there's a lot of that in light armor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...