Core tyria should have their own mount.

@mXz.4512 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:they could still add a core mount, they did the same thing with GW2.you buy nightfall and you gain a hero per extra chapter bought, both proph and factions has their own unique hero.

Again, mounts are the unique feature of the PoF expansion, you cant glide without HoT either.

you can't play GW2 without core so....your point?

GW2
is
the core. Then you have GW2: HoT, GW2: PoFJust like the predecessor game -> Guild Wars: Prophecies, Guild Wars: Factions, Guild Wars: Nightfall

Thank you :)

@Blude.6812 said:I'd like the mounts to have a special ability in core areas. When ever they run by a F2P player. It knocks them down(F2P toon) and disables their movement for 30 seconds. That would be fun.

Each mount retains it's own unique ability regardless if playing in PoF maps, HoT maps or core maps though... And they're pretty sufficient for what they're used for even throughout the older maps. Especially if you're looking to avoid water and UW combat entirely, just pop out the skimmer.

@Blude.6812 said:I'd like the mounts to have a special ability in core areas. When ever they run by a F2P player. It knocks them down(F2P toon) and disables their movement for 30 seconds. That would be fun.

Yes...that sounds like an incredible way to keep people playing your game, even if they are F2P.

@Dante.1763 said:

Yes...that sounds like an incredible way to keep people playing your game, even if they are F2P.

Or maybe they would actually feed Anets coffers by buying the game to avoid the handicap

@Blude.6812 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

Or maybe they would actually feed Anets coffers by buying the game to avoid the handicap

And being hostile towards them will definitely make them want to buy the game, I'm sure.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:Sure, but make it a real money purchase (no gems) for, lets say, $30?

I know this is satire, but you're leaving the door open for them to complain about the $30 for one mount being a rip off :bleep_bloop:

Happy to have them walk through that door. There is a pitfall for their complaint just inside.

@Kheldorn.5123 said:

Mounts are a feature of PoF, just like gliding is for HoT. They're not going to include expansion features in the base game (even slightly modified versions) because they want need people to buy the expansions so they can pay their staff and keep making the game.

It's well known that game is fueled by microtransactions mostly. Box expansion are just a burst of money but in a long term micros income is much higher than expac money.

Exactly. Core is mostly in maintenance mode and any significant differences are overlap from what is keeping the lights on. To get a mount just buy POF, do the first chapter, and if you want higher mastery levels in it they are all over in the desert (although I would suggest going to 3 then getting at least the bunny and glider).

• 6 months later...

@"DreamyLove.8947" said:this game no horse

You're wrong. I just overheard a NPC conversation in Divinity's Reach about Centaurs:

Him: "I hate Centaurs."Her: "Horses are for riding. Who wants a pet that talks back?"Him: "Pirates."Her: "Shouldn't you be on patrol?"

So, there you go. This world actually knows and has horses, we just never get to see them. :( So I sincerely hope ANet will have a heart and introduce a horse mount/skin soon.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"DreamyLove.8947" said:this game no horse

You're wrong. I just overheard a NPC conversation in Divinity's Reach about Centaurs:

Him: "I hate Centaurs."Her: "
Horses are for riding
. Who wants a pet that talks back?"Him: "Pirates."Her: "Shouldn't you be on patrol?"

So, there you go. This world actually knows and has horses, we just never get to see them. :( So I sincerely hope ANet will have a heart and introduce a horse mount/skin soon.

A coupe of the loading screens also appear to have horses (or something that looks a bit like horses) on them. There are (or were) horses in the world but I thought they died out.

@Verthurnax.2784 said:

Maybe accessible even by the f2p players (to boost them into upgrading their account)?

I understand the sentiment, but to boost them into upgrading their account is the incentive to get mounts in the first place, not providing something solely unique and accessible by said expansion for free.

They should be expanded upon further from where they are, not given in core. :) And yes, I would love a dolyak mount, especially with ability to carry more than one person. +1k to that haha.

@mXz.4512 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:they could still add a core mount, they did the same thing with GW2.you buy nightfall and you gain a hero per extra chapter bought, both proph and factions has their own unique hero.

Again, mounts are the unique feature of the PoF expansion, you cant glide without HoT either.

GW2
is
the core. Then you have GW2: HoT, GW2: PoFJust like the predecessor game -> Guild Wars: Prophecies, Guild Wars: Factions, Guild Wars: Nightfall -
Edit
- almost forgot Guild Wars: Eye of the North

Prophecies wasn't actually "core" though, as you could own NF or Factions but not Proph and still play the game. All three were separate but linked game entities and none of them required the others to function, which is why ONLY EotN was marketed as an expansion (It required Proph to play), while the others were always marketed as standalone games. GW2 is the core game, and HoT and PoF are both expansions, but none of these are GW1. GW1 was an instanced based game, not a true MMORPG, and there is absolutely no reason for ANet to follow similar policies of introducing exclusive features to one game across the others. The expansions have exclusive features, and those features should not be brought to the core gaming experience, at least not beyond how they already are i.e. when you purchase the expansion it also eliminates the restrictions and unlocks the FULL core game experience. It's really better to think of the free to play version NOT as the core game, but rather as an advanced demo.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:So, there you go. This world actually knows and has horses, we just never get to see them. :( So I sincerely hope ANet will have a heart and introduce a horse mount/skin soon.

Of course it has horses. Well. Of course in the time of GW1: Prophecies it had horses. Um. Well. Undead horses with "Necrid" riders scattered around parts of ... Kryta. (Was recently advancing a GW1 Prophs character for no discernable reason.)

Theres definetely the need for more core tyria masteries, but definetely not through mounts... but through other helpful masteries that give the player more the feeling of palyer progression and which help the player to experience the old maps in a new way while being part of character progression and story tellign at the same time.Ive done nearly like all tyrian masteiores and have like a huge amount of unuseable tyrian mastery points, that are so far jzst a waste, because I can't spent them on any core tyria masteries cause the game has so far way too much core tyria mastery points for too less core tyria masteires that the game provides so far, that there are enough tyrian mastery points at end to easiyl add like 5-6 more masteries into the game and have stil leasily left more than enough surplus of mastery point,s that the player isnt forced to do everythign just to max all masteries.. having a surplus of like over 30 points is way too much.. it should get reduced to like a surplus of 5-10 points

1. Gathering Mastery
  2. Crafting Mastery
  3. Exploration Mastery
  4. Swimming & Diving Mastery
  5. Time Portal Mastery

Gathering Mastery:

1) Unlocks new Gatherign Jobs Fishing & Digging, by unlocking the new Gatherign Tools Fishing Rod and Shovel to use - 1 MP2) Increases the amount if times you can harvest from nodes by +1 - 1 MP3) Increases the Effect Efficiency of "Glyphs" from Gathering Tools by 10% - 1 MP (hopfully this term gets renamed soon, glyph, the skill term makes no sense to be recycled here)4) Enables accountbound permanent Gathering Tools to be really accountbound, that all of your Characters will have them on your Account of you have them from now on, buying other permanent tools will unlock from then on only just the skins - 2 MP

Crafting Mastery:1) Increases the amount of Craftign Exp you receive by 20% and makes all your Crafting Job Exp/Levels now accountbound - 1 MP2) Increases the chance to receive Critical Craftign Exp Bonuses by 10% - 1 MP3) Halves the Material Costs to craft items on a low chance - 1 MP4) Increases significantly the chances to receive somethign really valuable, like named rare weapons, or even precursors back from Zomorros, if all sacrificed weapons were either crafted exotic or ascended weapons, with the chancse being even much higher, if all 4 weapons were ascended crafted weapons - 2 MP5) Free Bonus Mastery that unlocks, if you have crafted an legendary Weapon and have already Ranks 1-4 here earned - So more Legendaries you craft, so higher will raise the amount of Gold that killed monsters will drop for you based on a formular that includes your Total Crafting levels of all your Crafting Jobs. Each crafted Legendary will raise the Percentage Bonus thats multiplied and calculated through the Craftign Level formula by +10%

Exploration Mastery1) Increases the Amount of Exp, Gold and Karma you earn for doing successfully Events and adds now a Bonus Exp, Gold and Karma System for doing in a certain amount of time a certain amount of Events in one map plus an increase in Magic Find so more Events you do in a row on a map, which resets if you change maps. - 1 MP2) Map Exploration in regard of POI, VISTAS and TELEPORTS are now accountbound for your Account and shared among all your Characters, making Map Explorations on newer charcters now faster for you, having not to redo them again - 1 MP3) Unlock Map Seller NPCs, which sell Fully Explored Maps that are accountbound consumeable items, which will fully uncover for a character that hasn#t explored and uncovered a map of your Character for the cost of receiving no Map Bonus Reward for 100% Exploration, if you used these consumerables. - 1 MP4) Unlocks new special Fishing Pond Gathering Places with rarer fishs to catch there as like more rarer Digging Spots with higher chances to dig up rarer hidden treasures out of the ground and valuable jewels that will be neccessary for Jeweler 500 recipes as like Chef 500 recipes in case of the rarer fish to catch in those new ponds - 2 MP

Swimming & Diving Mastery1) Increases your swimming and diving speed in PvE by 33% and enables you to surpuse Water Streams, that would push you otherwise away - 1 MP2) Enables you now to dive deeper to farther depths as you are now a skilled apnoe diver - 1 MP3) Enables you to see now better in the dark depths by making usage of underwater luminous plants which require this mastery to know how to make them shine - 1MP4) Enables you to use Skimmers now underwater and to switch with your Skimmer from underwater to right overwater usage smoothly - 2 MP Hidden if you don't own PoF

Time Portal Mastery1) Enables you to use now Time Portal Divices to turn Asura Gates into Time Gates with that you can travel between the present and the past and from the present you are in to a certain point of the future that doesn't exceed the time range of your character which hasn't even experienced yet its own future with the help of mixing Asura Technology together with the powers of Chronomancy, makign it possible to have Phasing Technology in GW2 to brign all the maps of this game that are still living in the past of this games story then to the present time, lettign them change this way, have completely different deisgns and events running on them that represent the current time stage we are in the games story, beign able to switch via Asura Gates practically the "Timeline Districts" of the games maps - 4 MP

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

Players who don’t have gw2 at all can’t play it until they get it. That’s the point people who don’t have POF shouldn’t be able to have mounts. It’s exclusive to POF. Just like gliding is exclusive to HOT and playing this game at all is exclusive to the people who have taken the time to download and install the game.

@Pifil.5193 said:There are (or were) horses in the world but I thought they died out.

No way. I believe there were none visibly embedded into the game at release, because a majority of the playerbase would have cried out that they wanted to be able to ride them -- and at the time, obviously, the devs weren't ready to implement mounts. Now that we have them, however, I see no reason why there can't be horse mounts at our disposal. Pretty please? :)

@"Verthurnax.2784" said:Maybe a horse or a dolyak, purchasable trough red masteries. With the ability to carry more than 1 person and or having a bank access would be nice.Maybe accessible even by the f2p players (to boost them into upgrading their account)?

1) I don't think horses exist in the current accessible parts of Tyria.2) carrying more than 1 person is pretty much an RP thing, who else would need this?3) as mentioned perm bank access is actually fairly costly - why are we all of a sudden giving away this QOL upgrade for far less?4)F2P cannot access masteries system anyway so this would be obsolete.

Although I don't see there being much of a point to this, I would agree that if "free" mounts were given out in the future, they should be slower than any current existing mount. Perhaps 15% faster than regular run speed (on foot).

I'm just concerned that people who never rode horse, dolyak or even a pony or dog or kitten, how they suddenly learn riding raptor with just entering the PoF is a kind of pooof or magic or something? You wouldn't like to see someone driving monster truck in new york streets, a cab or bike would be more appropriate. same for tyria, a horse is less polluting the Role playing aspect of Core

Archived