Is there a decent PVE build that involves equipping either GS / LB / Staff?

Roxanne.9538

Hi!

It's been a long while since I played GW2. I played this game back when it was first released and crafted 3 legendaries ( Sunrise, Kudzu, Bifrost ). Is there a decent PVE build that involves equipping 2 of those weapons? If so, would you mind posting a link to the build?

I plan on doing PVE content for the most part. ( I need to start working on HoT and PoF )

Thank you!

By "decent", what do you mean? Unless you identify this, you're going to get a horde of cynical elitists insisting that nothing is even remotely viable except for the glorious and perfect meta. What's the highest level of content you want to be doing with such a build? Story missions? Fractals? Raids?

@Toolbox.9375 said:By "decent", what do you mean? Unless you identify this, you're going to get a horde of cynical elitists insisting that nothing is even remotely viable except for the glorious and perfect meta. What's the highest level of content you want to be doing with such a build? Story missions? Fractals? Raids?

Open world ( HoT / PoF map completion ) and story missions for now. I'm not ready for fractals / raids just yet.

Here ya go: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqAd8iN8CuCCs8il8Aj5gVwCeLBgCwaLv9Wf3vlcu0A-jBBXgA9q/EqLAQ53jSQA-eI used this build for leveling and still use it for bounty trains and other open world PvE content.

Nice Burst damage, fun utility skills that also help people around you. You can sit in Beastmode the whole time, no need to swap. I also don't weapon swap that often myself, I prefer to stay at range with a Longbow on a lot of fights

@Skuzz.6580 said:Here ya go: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqAd8iN8CuCCs8il8Aj5gVwCeLBgCwaLv9Wf3vlcu0A-jBBXgA9q/EqLAQ53jSQA-eI used this build for leveling and still use it for bounty trains and other open world PvE content.

Nice Burst damage, fun utility skills that also help people around you. You can sit in Beastmode the whole time, no need to swap. I also don't weapon swap that often myself, I prefer to stay at range with a Longbow on a lot of fights

I use a similar build, but replace marksmanship with beast mastery. And replace GS with sword/axe. I sometimes swap out my LB with a GS when I know I can get away with it. Downsides to this build, virtually no condi cleanse unless you run bear stance/jacaranda pet, very low sustain against tougher mobs like elites and champions, and very little AoE for group fights.

@xarallei.4279 said:You can pretty much use anything for the open world. For story, having more damage is nice, but even for that you can still do it without a meta spec. If you do plan on doing raids down the line though, you will definitely need to change up your gear completely.

The desert is very unforgiving to certain builds, especially if you want to do map completion/get all masteries etc. Some of the hidden achievement related stuff spawns really tough vets/elites. My aforementioned power build for instance really struggles with groups larger than 3 enemies.

Metabattle is a great page for the builds beeing used atm. There is no section for open world on Metabattle, but you can use the WVW builds and maybe add some offensive stats. I Play the soulbeast Frontline build and only use marouder trinkets and a berzerker armor and weapons.

@Roxanne.9538 said:Hi!

It's been a long while since I played GW2. I played this game back when it was first released and crafted 3 legendaries ( Sunrise, Kudzu, Bifrost ). Is there a decent PVE build that involves equipping 2 of those weapons? If so, would you mind posting a link to the build?

I plan on doing PVE content for the most part. ( I need to start working on HoT and PoF )

Thank you!

I've played Ranger since launch. I can tell you LB/GS is best for open world. If you want to use Soulbeast Use, Marksmanship/Beast Mastery/Soulbeast. Take the Opening strike traits in marks, shout and GS traits in BM, and I think its 2 2 1 in SB. But in SB your opening strike gets an additional 5%. Or if you prefer the pet out you get an additional 7% Power. you basically auto attack and spam 2 on GS. and take the beats skills moa and wolf elite. shout heal, and I take signet of stone and the movement one. With the dmg bonuses and moa/wolf activated for 6 seconds you can do a lot of burst.

Archived