Bjora Lighting Puzzle Broke!!!!

WendyB.1650

Has anyone had any success with the Frozen Pass Puzzle since update? on Dec. 3 The one that starts in the tower. You open the frozen wall with the raven shrine then go up and turn the mirror then head to the 3rd mirror and before you get it turned the frozen wall closes again and it stops. YES I know you have to be ahead of the lights I have the pattern down from doing it was turning the last mirror when the first and ONLY light hit it. You could see the light still going to the frozen wall and stopping there. SO are you suppose to have a 2nd person just to open the frozen wall now? Thats stupid

I did it yesterday without a problem. I do frequently encounter a problem where one of the mirrors 'resets' to its original position if I get too far ahead of the light and turn the mirrors before the light gets there, but I don't think that's the problem that is being described here . . .

I've done all the light puzzles a few times. I think it's like juggling plates on the ends of sticks. You have to return to the beginning to keep them going.

I start at the beginning, try to turn mirrors as fast as I can, and keep up. When you have to turn a mirror a few times the lights will get ahead. Eventually the lights will stop and you have to go back to the beginning to start them up again. But now you don't have to turn all the mirrors so it's easy to stay ahead of the first light pulse. If something like the ice wall has reset you can get ahead to open it. Then even if the light source stops the first light pulse is still on it's way to the end.

At least that seems to be my experience. I'v not tried them since the update.

I did the NW and SE ones last night and didn’t see any issues. I mainly did them just to see if they ninja fixed them as someone was claiming that they did (I’m still doubtful).

I’ll look at the other two later since I know how they should function but my initial assumption is that those experiencing issues are just slow at progressing the puzzles.

Edit: Doesn’t matter now

Fixed an issue that caused the completion of Light Puzzle achievements to reset daily.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I did the NW and SE ones last night and didn’t see any issues. I mainly did them just to see if they ninja fixed them as someone was claiming that they did (I’m still doubtful).

I’ll look at the other two later since I know how they should function but my initial assumption is that those experiencing issues are just slow at progressing the puzzles.

Fixed an issue that caused the completion of Light Puzzle achievements to reset daily.

I don't think that has any bearing on the issue.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I did the NW and SE ones last night and didn’t see any issues. I mainly did them just to see if they ninja fixed them as someone was claiming that they did (I’m still doubtful).

I don't think that has any bearing on the issue.

Yeah. I mixed up this thread and the other.

Did all the lighting puzzles today, hopefully they don't reset again. The one where you have to open the door took me three or four tries to get the timing right. What I finally did was set the mirror that gets hit right after the door first, waited for the light to catch up, then opened the door at the last second as the light arrived so I would have the max time available to get the final mirror. I didn't count exactly how many pulses made it through the door, but it's a tight time window for sure.