Venting - Can I win just one match?

Abraxxus.8971

I'm venting. I'm sure I'm gonna get flooded with "git gud" nonsense, but seriously, since PoF dropped, I have been on losing teams 90% of the time. I've been getting teamed with players that apparently have no clue of any kind of strategy. I try to help, give enemy locations in team chat, mark on the map where to go... and they don't listen, 3 teammates chase after one enemy around the map, don't fight on points. This morning on one map I watched my team devolve into just playing team deathmatch in front of our spawn as I tried to run around and grab points. I've gotten to the point where I'm not caring anymore and have started to bail in the middle of matches out of disgust because the score is 300 - 50 and my team is full of solo players that have no concept of teamplay. It's irritating and frustrating. I would just like to be on a winning side at least once in a while. [/end venting]

Weirdly enough I always felt like that since launch until PoF launched and now I'm winning most of my games (went from low silver to platinum fairly quickly that way). I think it's mostly due to the fact that I play only mirage and with a very peculiar build so people are a bit confused (litterally) and have no ideas how to counter me (except if they are scourge or spellbreaker and have at least one hand available to use).

My only way to break a bad streak of loss is to play a build quite mobile that can duel very nicely so you can constantly cap far and close by yourself and let your team do mid. With scourge and spellbreakers being so easy to play and way overpowered you can hope that at least one of the two (if not both at least represented once) take care of mid.

@Abraxxus.8971 said:I'm venting. I'm sure I'm gonna get flooded with "git gud" nonsense, but seriously, since PoF dropped, I have been on losing teams 90% of the time. I've been getting teamed with players that apparently have no clue of any kind of strategy. I try to help, give enemy locations in team chat, mark on the map where to go... and they don't listen, 3 teammates chase after one enemy around the map, don't fight on points. This morning on one map I watched my team devolve into just playing team deathmatch in front of our spawn as I tried to run around and grab points. I've gotten to the point where I'm not caring anymore and have started to bail in the middle of matches out of disgust because the score is 300 - 50 and my team is full of solo players that have no concept of teamplay. It's irritating and frustrating. I would just like to be on a winning side at least once in a while. [/end venting]

Trust me when I say, I feels your pain.

My recommendation is to just numb out your mind. Put in just as much effort as your teammates. And just farm the ascended and legendary rewards. There is absolutely no reason to get yourself worked up over matches as the ones you've described.

I too get these types of matches, to this day where I get teammates that think. Going 3 home and camping the node at the start of the match if the proper way to play Ranked. I've found that trying to teach/correct these types of players are the worst thing you can do. They will just proceed with the usually trolling and flaming.

So what I do when I get on teams with these types of players. I tries to correct them once and that's it. If they show no interest in listening and just continue to throw the match. I simply will start focusing on watch videos and movies on my other monitors. While at the same just following suit what they are doing occasionally contest a point where there is only one of the enemy players. And Just accept my 3 pips and move on.

The saddest part is most times, when what I said above happens. I still manages to pull out Top Offensive, Defensive, Kills, and or Damage on my team for the match. Normally 2 or 3 or them. So just shrug your shoulders and just grind your cheap and free ascended and legendary gear.

Most people by now knows, that Ranked ratings are a complete RNG joke. Go form a 5 man pre made team, and do ATs if you must get your competitive play experience from GW2's PvP. You will never get from Ranked PvP in this game.

If you are trying to play this game of all the games on the market competitively. I sorry but your are playing the wrong game. This game is a casual spam AOE and player numbers type game. Note on how most of the balance is done with little to no regard towards PvP or WvW, but towards Raids and Fractals..... "Ghost Thief"

My timezone is luckily quote decent for encountering decemt players but yea i feel ya man i feel ya, atm its been pritty 50/50 for me on wins to losses but for the first few mins just try to win and if it looks like your team cant win just go balls to the wall and fight anything for practice that way you know your atleast self improving and who knows you might pull a hat trick and end up winning which has honestly happened a few times for me.

Archived