IF devs nerf Scourge they need to compensate...

Zoltreez.6435

@Hot Boy.7138 said:Scourge is only Overpowered because the only game mode worth playing is conquest. It's too strong on points, along with trap builds. If they create some other game modes such as CTF, there will be no need to nerf scourge. Advocate for new game modes.

We have been, but look how well that worked out with regard to Stronghold...

...Can we have Alliance Battles back now? Pleeeeeeease?

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:Scourge is only Overpowered because the only game mode worth playing is conquest. It's too strong on points, along with trap builds. If they create some other game modes such as CTF, there will be no need to nerf scourge. Advocate for new game modes.

You never seen it in wvw ? The entire blob meta is evolved around necs and keeping them alive basically.

I only solo roam, so I only encounter scourges solo or in small groups and i the fights are more fair in an open area where i'm not trying to hold a small point from them.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

Stronghold don't count. No one asked for stronghold. Anet took it upon themselves to try to recreate the wheel. They should just copy what works, and tweak it to make it their own and make it suit this game.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

How much did ANet incentivize Stronghold? They didn't.

Imagine what would have happened had the first or second tournament after HoT release had been Stronghold rather than Conquest and they kept alternating​. Stronghold would have gotten a lot more attention from players and devs alike.

Instead, they released it and, aside from releasing another mist champion, ignored it entirely.

Scourge and Spellbreakers are roflstomps against people who are just... well... unskilled and don't pay attention. And we know that these people cry the loudest.I play radiant hammer and I don't see much issue with fighting scourges and I have no ranged weapons. Spellbreakers are a little tricky because they have a lot of utility to evade/block my burst (GS mobility, base evade, shield block) and even if I don't trigger a single full-counter, I'll just get outsustained by their passive healing or bested with basic attacks. But, this is how warrior works so I'll just have to come up with something more witty to beat them.

@Rodzynald.5897 said:Scourge and Spellbreakers are roflstomps against people who are just... well... unskilled and don't pay attention. And we know that these people cry the loudest.I play radiant hammer and I don't see much issue with fighting scourges and I have no ranged weapons. Spellbreakers are a little tricky because they have a lot of utility to evade/block my burst (GS mobility, base evade, shield block) and even if I don't trigger a single full-counter, I'll just get outsustained by their passive healing or bested with basic attacks. But, this is how warrior works so I'll just have to come up with something more witty to beat them.

They shouldn't be able to outsustain you with a Marauder's Amulet. Besides, on some professions it is literally impossible to avoid triggering FC (I mean, are you going to play Mesmer without any illusions? Necromancer with no marks or wells?), and you're always going to be relying on your teammates not to walk into it in any fight where you aren't on your own.

@fadico.9613 said:lol the devs will never nerf necro they just love necro for them is like there golden child

Are we playing the same game in the past many years ?!

i mean Seriously ?????!!!!!

you either Taking some pills or just drunk or something... because not a single ape minded person would say such a thing in this game.......just... no.....realy....no.....

WTF ?!

@fadico.9613 said:lol the devs will never nerf necro they just love condi builds and necro for them is like there golden child juat try to accept that pvp sucks and.wont.be good again and play or just quit pvp

Is this a joke?

Every single time necro ends up doing well it's gets gutted on the subsequent patch.

If any class can be considered a "golden child" it's probably daredevil.

@Aomine.5012 said:I'm seeing like 4 Scourges in every single match in these 2 days.If Anet doesn't have a class roll system, I bet I'd see 6+ of them each match.

hyperbole, the matchmaker does not put more than two of the same in a match, and it will block you from queuing with more than 2 of a kind.

4 necros to a team does not happen.

lol wat necros b fore pof were op becuase of the reaper form every time i enter a ranked pvp match i have to find atleast 3 ncros in a match and juat use reaper form to killl any thing necros dont require any skill to play it even now just put sand shades use staff and thats it wat a hard rotation

@fadico.9613 said:i forgot you play necro so any one who will argue with you will be wasting time

and im sure you never played one in any even half serious content BEFORE Scourge right ?Playing Necro not makes my point invalid you know that ?

Its a Fact there are Photo shopped necromancer Pictures out there that is all about showing how bad and useless necros are.... there is a reason for it you know....Its a fact that Anytime some half decent Build for Necro arrived that was good in something.. it got "fixed" into a useless state by changing the traits into useless crapits a fact that there is PAGES after PAGES on the Old Forums of Well tough out Well Writed Necromancer Changes and Ideas Submited by Players that were Universaly well received AND DEVS NOT EVEN FREAKING LOOKED AT THEM or cared about them or anything....Its a FACT Necromancers since release are UNWANTED in prety much any half serious Content....ITS A FACT that while every class got Bloated with every single new mechanic and Ability and Boon and ETC ETC Necros were majority of the times Left out of it...

I could list more but il hope you get the idea.....

@fadico.9613 said:lol wat necros b fore pof were op becuase of the reaper form every time i enter a ranked pvp match i have to find atleast 3 ncros in a match and juat use reaper form to killl any thing necros dont require any skill to play.

aaaand now you just lost ALL your credibility.......

Get to High rank jesus Reaper form without help does not worth shit there.... reaper is a noob stomper... Reaper alone in higer ratings is like a free kill without Help of an ele or something....

the moment you use Reaper form people will dance you arround and kite you to death then when reaper forms fades you gonna get Burst bombed.....the only time you gonna land ANY serious dmg in Reaper form or hell even outside of it if you go to a Point where your entire team is ALLREADY fighting and the enemy team exhausted MOST of their mobility and Defensive CDs.....

Againts good people ANY time you use any Hard hitting ability they will almost instantly get away from you with their waaaay superior mobility and will just Yo-yo in and out of your range to avoid all of your half year channeled abilities while killing you...

lol not wanted in raids only not pvp i am sure that you are the one who never played ranked pvp or you werent lucky to see them necros can just put high aoe pressure .also before pof you had to deal with 2 health bars to kill a necro now you have to deal with the idea that you cant protect your self from scourge cause you dont know wat to with all of this condis on you and cant even protect your self.from it even with resistence you can corrupt it lol wtf

@Aomine.5012 said:I'm seeing like 4 Scourges in every single match in these 2 days.If Anet doesn't have a class roll system, I bet I'd see 6+ of them each match.

It's funny because I have started seeing this too. The matchmaking system almost always keeps the number of duplicate classes to 2...but what I've been seeing is people queue up as some random other class, and then just switch to necro once they get in a match. You start with 1 necro on a team, and end up with 3-4 before the match starts.

The funny thing with SB and Scourge is that SB was supposed to be the counter to Scourge, with their resistance and condi hate...but it's the other way around. Scourge hard counters SB because they have such easy access to boon rip/corrupt, and large AOEs. You can't even get near a scourge without at least 5 condis, and like 8+ stacks of torment and burn.

@Crinn.7864 said:

hyperbole, the matchmaker does not put more than two of the same in a match, and it will block you from queuing with more than 2 of a kind.

4 necros to a team does not happen.

Lol it can and does happens. I've done it myself.

All you need to do and not have a potato as a PC. Start match as any other class then necro. After match loading screen and waiting for the match to start. You see you have 2 necros on your team. If you want to be super cheesy, and have a good PC with amazing load times. Wait till there is less than 15 secs on the timer. So that the other team can't do the same. Log out to character screen. Then log in your necro. If your PC has fast load time. You will make it back into the match as the 3rd necro on your team.

I have reproduced this 4 times so far. All it requires is that there are already 2 necros on your team. And if both of them are scourges as well. Just prepare for easy mode engaged.

Archived