Conquest is the real problem and a big reason of the current toxic meta

Sombrero.9204

@Sombrero.9204 said:Well a very simple thing, kill conquest entirely. Keep the maps as they are and simply make a 5vs5 team deathmatch with a time limit of 10 minutes and the first team with all 5 members dead loses the game, no automatic resurrection possible.

As a former WoW Arena Gladiator. NO.

You don't know what you're asking for. If you think balance is bad now, if you think build diversity is bad now, wait until you have to go through a death match ladder. You haven't seen ANYTHING. People will still figure "meta" builds and that's all you're going to ever face past casual elo. This will also lead people to play to not lose instead of playing to win, it might sound silly but watch any WoW Arena tournament and you'll understand what i mean. Hugging pillars ad-nauseum while playing the tankiest aoe-rot builds possible (hence why most Blizzcons were won by X/Warlock/Shaman teams).

No thanks, i'm actually enjoying Conquest a lot more than that bullshit.

@"R E F L H E X.8413" said:I'm going to read the post in a minute but I just recorded the last unranked match I played to make a video of part of why I don't like conquest... Almost every encounter especially after mid is won or lost is not team vs team but rather uneven fights or 1v1s being very common. Even gvg and splitting were on an entirely different level.

Team vs pugs is no fun and you'd also notice the level of competition were higher in team arena than random arenas and the skill cap were higher in ta. Something about organized groups raised the bar in terms of skill.

GW2 Balance is to extremes with no good healers and the format has no dignity in terms of teamplay. How does the anet team see this as an upgrade to gw1 gvg? Or better yet something that would be better for a competitive market over gw1 formats? the backline keeping things alive and the team working together as a unit vs the other team.

A team of 8 actually fighting a team of 8 and not running around the map in all different directions splitting the team up to capture points? There was a lot more room for shoutcasting this format.

Kiting to self heal is way different than kiting and getting support and staying as a team working as a team. It's way more hectic without support... causes players to kite like a chicken with their head cutoff rather than kiting to avoid pressure. A healer really helps keep combat less chicken with a head cutoff kiting to self heal for a small amount. It also really helps the formats that focus on team vs team like gvg or arenas two teams stay alive until someone/team makes a really good play to put someone down or the healer has a fail. A healer also alters the builds if you know you got support warriors in this game would carry things like bullscharge/frenzy/another offensive utility and play way more aggressive now he has to remove them and play more defensive utilities relying on immunity stances and run around like a chicken with his head cutoff sometimes to heal himself while under pressure, rather than really aggressive and ballsy with support sometimes just having to kite off some pressure.

@xantosnightwish.5438 said:Conquest isn't going anywhere. As you know, this topic has been discussed ad naseum and many people despise the gamemode but that is why we were given courtyard and stronghold. Both offer alternative ways to play. We are way to late in the game's lifecycle to see a dramatic shift away from conquest however, so that is the best youre going to get if u hate conquest.

Courtyard was on conquest que not providing people that wanted to specifically play courtyard a way to play it they had to play conquest then sometimes land on courtyared after they no longer cared while playing conquest all day. Then we ended up having people complain about getting courtyard while being on conquest builds etc due to this. it kitten on people both ways whether they wanted to conquest or courtyard.

Thank you for the memories! man i loved gvg and pvp in gw1 it was actual legit pvp that took skill. Not spike 100 conditions and run then spike again and crap like that. WTB TDM and let conq just finally die off.

tbh, I think the real problem is the PvP team isn't able to do skill balance (w gamemode splits ofc)

so you have a pvp team that can make gamemode changes, but can’t actually balance any of the classes. all the balancing is done by a team who prioritise raids, & care much less about that other two gamemodes. as we all know, this has led to huge powercreep & cycling balance issues

having the pve team being the only team who can balance classes, & not letting the pvp team do class balance is the real issue

that’s going to ruin any gamemode we have

! also, as someone who has played TDM in gw2.... it’s much more of a cluster-fuck than conquest, trust me

@Chapell.1346 said:Why let Pvp team balance the game? they are just bunch of randoms that follow orders.

so is everyone who works for any company

by that logic, why let anyone do anything? they are all just 'randoms that follow orders' after all

/s

! obviously I'm indicating that the PvP team are going to do a better job than the currently shit job the PvE balance team do. I think they would. they care more about PvP, and pay more attention to it than the current team does (PvP team actually read forums and talk to us). I think having one gamemode to balance would make the job easier too, so they would be able to do a better job. I would go on, but tbh I don't know if any of this will even make it past the forehead bone of your overdeveloped skull

@Sombrero.9204 said:Well a very simple thing, kill conquest entirely. Keep the maps as they are and simply make a 5vs5 team deathmatch with a time limit of 10 minutes and the first team with all 5 members dead loses the game, no automatic resurrection possible.

We have deathmatch in the game (Courtyard) and it just doesn't work in this game. All games on that map had been the worse pvp experience I've ever seen in a video game and you want to remove a game mode with potential (and some excellent matches) and replace it with a brain dead game mode that is zero fun to play?

@Sombrero.9204 said:@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:If you want to see what deathmatch would look like, play a round of Dragon Ball (the same is true for capture the flag and Snowball Arena). If you hate one-sided blowout matches now, hoo boy...

Blowouts arent bad in single elimination no respawns you dont even notice them as blowouts. You just see them as a fail not a repeating one.

@choovanski.5462 said:

@Chapell.1346 said:Why let Pvp team balance the game? they are just bunch of randoms that follow orders.

by that logic, why let anyone do anything? they are all just 'randoms that follow orders' after all

/s

! obviously I'm indicating that the PvP team are going to do a better job than the currently kitten job the PvE balance team do. I think they would. they care more about PvP, and pay more attention to it than the current team does (PvP team actually read forums and talk to us). I think having one gamemode to balance would make the job easier too, so they would be able to do a better job. I would go on, but tbh I don't know if any of this will even make it past the forehead bone of your overdeveloped skull

Spare me with your teaching, if i wanted to play a real Pvp game i'll play SNK.

@Chapell.1346 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:

/s

! obviously I'm indicating that the PvP team are going to do a better job than the currently kitten job the PvE balance team do. I think they would. they care more about PvP, and pay more attention to it than the current team does (PvP team actually read forums and talk to us). I think having one gamemode to balance would make the job easier too, so they would be able to do a better job. I would go on, but tbh I don't know if any of this will even make it past the forehead bone of your overdeveloped skull

well i hope you “can get more subscriber let alone have one follower” with SNK. seems you’ve got a viewership to build lol

I've agreed with OP's opinion for a while. A few solutions could make conquest not a trash bin mode, but on the whole, it's bad primarily because there are too many uncertainties when one looks at another player in PvP. Even with the enemy team and their professions in full view during a match's pre-game, there is ultimately no way to know what any of those professions could mean on the field (they could be running some joke build, full meta, or some alternative build as a niche hard counter or complement to another niche build on the same team). If we could see enemy players' equipped amulets when looking at the scoreboard, Conquest could honestly see an instant improvement (although, it would also probably turn the pre-game into a hectic bait and switch because this game is dominated by pre-determined hard counters rather than player combat). At least if people saw each others primary stats, they could assume things about builds and start to make some sort of plan before they meet at a midfight and start smashing buttons.

Legitimate solutions to "fixing" GW2 conquest:

• Larger capture nodes (make everything match the capture node sizes featured on Legacy of the Foefire)
  • Break Conquest matches up into a "Best of 3 rounds" that each only go up to 200 points and have a 5 minute timer. Making it a Best of 3 with shorter rounds gives a losing team more chances to come back after a bad initial midfight. Give each team a 25-second pre-game between rounds. This isn't enough time to swap classes, but it is enough time to swap out a few utilities and/or traits as well as discuss new strategies.
  • Implement a /resign feature (a full team must /resign for it to take effect).
  • Implement a /kill feature for the sake insta-defeating one's self in order to skip to respawn. This is to help with the "stuck in a wall" bug since Anet can't fix their game. It could even be used to deny one's self a super-long respawn if downed far off of point without any help. Give it a 5 minute cooldown to prevent abuse.

All this said, GW2's PvP issues stem far, far beyond just the fact that its Conquest is a dumpster fire only made worse and worse by the balance decisions implemented in order to reinforce its position as the game's premier "competitive" mode. GW2 is a game sick at its fundamental core, and tailoring modes to better fit the mistakes made in its class balance isn't really going to make the game any better on the whole.

If only they could implement the Original core game design into this game Core after for so many years of Development maybe things will go well and we'll probably at kESPA by now, but today's onward you'll see such thing as Necromancer casting Weapon and Utilities skill without any Animation tell, if you get off guard and Act like a dam Warrior mentality you're mostly dead, its like a Thief opening his Burst into Stealth. If that was Intention of Design philosophy then this game is in dire need of re-haul otherwise better ask for the Third game franchise.

@choovanski.5462 said:

@Chapell.1346 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:

/s

well i hope you “can get more subscriber let alone have one follower” with SNK. seems you’ve got a viewership to build lol

Do you really think that, i care being in Hollywood? Dude i can home grown any botanical flowers as well as those Green leafy Vegetables using Hydroponic system including known Woods into my Home instance if i wanted; i manage to Herd Goats and Cows while defending a dam paper Castle just to make the entire Swarm benefited if you think that's infamy then you are correct.

Archived