What are the rules regarding recruitment in LFG?

Godot.3259

Well the title really says it all. I have looked around a bit on forums and found contradictory information and would like to know what goes on the LFG, this is the most recent (also its stickied so we should all know it) https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/349/looking-for-group-lfg-tool

Saying that the LFG can only be used for the formation of a group has some ambiguity when it comes to guild recruitment or selling raid runs in the future as they are both examples of forming a group maybe not just right now.

The reason I ask is that EU raid LFG has quite a lot of permanent posts for sales/recruitment that tend to clutter.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I think Dungeon/Raid runs for sale are allowed, but I don't think recruiting for Guilds is allowed.You could read the old threads with Dev posts on this issue on the old forums, before they are lost forever, if you so desire. (You can use Google, or your search engine of choice, to find them.)

Good luck.

Yea i did find stuff like : https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Policy-on-the-LFG-Tool/firstAnd iirc selling raids was expressly allowed around HoT so i am fairly certain raid/dungeon/fractal sales are legit. My question however is if it is legal to announce several days ahead or even just announcing that at some point raids/dungeons/fractals will be sold. I personally dont mind people selling at all; i think its great! But it is the permeancy of the listings i question.

@Danikat.8537 said:Whilst a guild is in general terms a group of people it's not a group in the sense the term is used in-game. In GW2 group specifically refers to a party or squad, not a guild or friends list or server or any other type of group.

So those listings are LFG abuse?

Archived