250x Crystaline Ingot. Only one "Amalgamated Gemstone" per meta?!?!? 2g in TP since PoF!

Nekres.1943

Title. I am stuck at creating 250x Crystaline Ingots by aquiring 250x "Amalgamated Gemstone". I completed Tigis after a long time of grind just to be rewarded with grind that may very well take a year !? Is there any other way with poF in aquiring Amalgamated Gemstone, because I ain't gonna do like 4 months HoT metas. o_o

Any suggestions?

I also need 250 Amalgamated gemstones for Chuka & Champawat. I luckily had saved all of my Hero chests from doing HoT metas, but since I didn't really like HoT much that only got me halfway. Now I'm throwing gemstones in the toilet to get Amalgamated gemstones and I hate it :( I have never got the 25 gemstones result btw - hope your luck is better if you decide to go that route.

Yea, it would have been nice if they introduced a way to get Amalgamated gemstones in PoF.

It was one of my hopes for PoF that if there were map metas Amalgamated Gemstones would be one of the selectable awards. Sadly that didn't happen but I can see why, it's a way to keep the HoT maps relevant in the future for those with the xpac and there is the alternate mystic forge route for those that don't.

Amalgamanted gemstones have always been expensive, even before PoF. The price used to be around 1.5G per gemstone, which puts a full stack in the 600G range. And the MF recipes are anything but cheap (3 T6 materials for 1 gemstone is not expensive in and of itself, but when you need 250 of them you might as well just buy them off the TP; the bigger recipes aren't much better). I wish they would've made gemstones a bit easier to get, not by much but still. Considering I have 6 gen2 legendaries I want to make, that's 1500 amalgamated gemstones I need. And that's not taking into account the gen2 legendaries that are still to come, of which I might like one, or some. Personally I use my savings from daily Fractals to at least buy some of the gemstones, instead of doing 4 HoT metas a day for I don't know how long. These metas take too much time for 1 gemstone, and the fact that they're on fixed schedules doesn't make it more appealing to do them. Don't get me wrong, I like the metas and I do them on occasion, but farming them will burn me out in no time.

@Khisanth.2948 said:PoF did add a massive amount of orichalcum nodes which supplies more orbs for forging.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I usually get a random orb within 1-in-3 hits.

If anything rankles me about Amalgems, it's the 250 number. That's way too much begging to get into Dragon Stand for C-Ore. I feel like 100 A-Gems would have been a better benchmark.

Oh my.. I was feeling all goodie now I am on the final throws of Astralaria....BAM! 250 Amalgamated Gems just ruined my Christmas!BTW.. why after completing vol 4 is there no further instructions or recipes provided to direct you to finally completing the Legendary.. instead a google and wiki search is required..

I thought farming all the resources for spiritwood, elonian leather and deldrimor ingots was boring as hell, this is going to make those items look like a walk in the park in comparison.Sure Legendary's are supposed to be a resource sync and are longer term goals but OMG the grind for many of these items is just so ridiculously over designed it must surely take a toll on players enthusiasm to keep logging in

The grind before this 250 Crystal Ingots was ok for a legendary, but now I think I will just be exhausted after finishing Chuka & Champawat. I liked the tiger effect, but now I end up exhausted and thinking its not so special for the time spent on it. I tried Mystic Forge like suggested above and was able to create 7 gems, but seeing the RNG of the 10-20 Ad. gems outcome recipes I am really better of buying them from TP. So I need like 600g for the gems alone ONTOP of the 250 ectos, fulgurit and Mystical Tribute. That's gonna be more than a gen1 precursor. I am not certain if this is a secret tactic so people buy gems and exchange it to gold..

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Oh my.. I was feeling all goodie now I am on the final throws of Astralaria....BAM! 250 Amalgamated Gems just ruined my Christmas!BTW.. why after completing vol 4 is there no further instructions or recipes provided to direct you to finally completing the Legendary.. instead a google and wiki search is required..

I thought farming all the resources for spiritwood, elonian leather and deldrimor ingots was boring as hell, this is going to make those items look like a walk in the park in comparison.Sure Legendary's are supposed to be a resource sync and are longer term goals but OMG the grind for many of these items is just so ridiculously over designed it must surely take a toll on players enthusiasm to keep logging in

I was there not too long ago, friend. It really did put a cramp on my enjoyment of the process.And then I get to do it again for tiger-tiger bow. :cry:

I went through that hell 3 times for Kitty-Bow, Pewstol and HMS Divinity Original Sin 2. It's possible. .-. Calling it quits on further weapons. When I made Divinity it was actually cheaper to order/buy the Analmelted Gemstones off the TP than it was to craft them since the META started giving them. I just did as many of the METAs as I could/felt like doing each day and spent the rest of the time farming wood on every character to sell since I was already used to such horrors and Malchors Leap+Alts lets me be lazy. Dual Monitors + Netflix, or other fun stuff helps keep my sanity.

I MF'd all Analmelted Gemstones on the first one (Chuka) and only 1 Proc'd double out of all 250 so the odds were pretty bad. It was the very last attempt too that Proc'd.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:PoF did add a massive amount of orichalcum nodes which supplies more orbs for forging.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I usually get a random orb within 1-in-3 hits.

If anything rankles me about Amalgems, it's the 250 number. That's way too much begging to get into Dragon Stand for C-Ore. I feel like 100 A-Gems would have been a better benchmark.

250 Crystalline Ore isn't really anywhere as bad as 250 of some other things. That is a maximum of 250 pods even if you have the worst luck ever. That is around a month of opening pods once a day on any random DS instance or 1 successful DS a day for a week.

@Alchofas.8243 said:Legendary items are meant to be long term goal, it is intended to take months to make even if you're playing casually. You can also rush it, but you will have to farm like there is no tomorrow.

I think we all appreciate that these are supposed to be longer term goals.. but many of the resources like the AMG's could take a year or much more, especially for more casual gamer's.. I don't mind grinding things but when it becomes a second job, then it begins to turn me off logging in .. I am pretty sure I am not alone there as well.

@Randulf.7614 said:If only i could give you my ingots. I made 250 for Aurora, then found myself with 249 in my inventory after forging and realisind I had misread the recipe...

Ouch! On the upside, you have one of the more expensive/painful parts of HoT legendaries done, if one of the ones to be released catches your eye ;)

• 1 year later...

Bringing this thread back up to life, as I just had a massive mood drop.I have managed to afford all the materials for Nevermore. Heck I can even continue doing that if not for 250 amalgamated gemstones.444g+ for 250 amalgamated gemstones...............................Ok, sure I can do stuff in the forge, but it's super annoying, especially as the orbs and crests and whatnot takes a long time to obtain and farm, in other words it's incredibly boring to farm these things and to farm amalgamated gemstones which only drop in HoT now.Lowering the number of amalgamated gemstones required would've been so much better.100 would've sufficed, as this is just crazy!

@Blur.3465 said:Bringing this thread back up to life, as I just had a massive mood drop.I have managed to afford all the materials for Nevermore. Heck I can even continue doing that if not for 250 amalgamated gemstones.444g+ for 250 amalgamated gemstones...............................Ok, sure I can do stuff in the forge, but it's super annoying, especially as the orbs and crests and whatnot takes a long time to obtain and farm, in other words it's incredibly boring to farm these things and to farm amalgamated gemstones which only drop in HoT now.Lowering the number of amalgamated gemstones required would've been so much better.100 would've sufficed, as this is just crazy!

As opposed to the Mystic Clover forging, there's really no reason to not use the 10x recipe. This would take an absolute maximum of 25 forgings, very likely no more than 22. Buy orbs in bulk.

Amalgamated Gemstones is definitely something you should not expect to gather all on your own - they are tradeable for a reason.

@"Blur.3465" said:Bringing this thread back up to life, as I just had a massive mood drop.I can understand being discouraged. If you're used to having 15-20g in the wallet at the most, saving up for 500 gold seems daunting. Even more so, given all the other mats.

Lowering the number of amalgamated gemstones required would've been so much better.You mean, "so much cheaper." The thing is, part of the reason that legendaries have the crafting requirements they do is to sink massive amounts of mats from the economy. That makes them worth more for the vast majority of people who are not currently saving up for one.

100 would've sufficed, as this is just crazy!It's intended to be crazy.

Often, saving up turns out to be a matter of spending less rather than earning more. Pretty much everything we do earns us something. There are lots of farms, lots of metas that generate a full AmGem (without being all that much work), notably AB meta and the first of any VB nighttime boss.

Archived