Some reaper buffs I would like to see.

Vicko.1204

@XECOR.2814 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:I would like gs 3 to be a leap, rise to not be useless (dmg reduct takes place at ALL times not only when those dumb very kitable minis are attacking), reap 5 aoe stun but remove bonus dmg/ nerf dmg, reap 3 to continue after shroud ends, reap 2 dmg nerfed but anim finishes A LOT faster, elite to not be useless.

Reverting the rise change would probably go a long way. Idk about making gs3 a leap though. Im struggling to think of how that would work unless its like a lunging slide across the ground with the sword out in front but would it stop on hitting something or just go through it tbh iwould settle for just making the gs5 pull a bit faster i think the creeping darkness along the ground is a big enough of a tell its less buggy now but also less reliable because they considerably shadow nerfed/ slowed down the speed the claws move back toward the caster.

Its prob just gonna be one of those skills thats always gonna be a bit clunky no matter what they do to it.

Dmc3 video for reference of gs3 dash or leap.

That would actually not be so bad. Even more so if it still had the magical drill spiral effects on the sword on impact. Would be cool actually now that i can see a bit of a reference. :+1:

The Death Magic rework was a waste of time so I think Arenanet should revert it and try again.

The Scourge nerfs were also poorly thought out so, there too, Arenanet should revert the code changes in the last few patches and create proper nerfs to address the issues but not impact QoL.

Also, those core weapon changes... orz

Well they removed the GS trait and added Soul Eater 10% bonus damage and healing in melee then they nerfed the healing, so the mid row is kinda garbage and you get soul eater for damage and that is it. Also GS hits for fuck all most of the time for all that cast time, nightfall is supposed to be defensive ability but people just kill you while it slowly ticks and does nothing, and even after the fix on grasping darkness it still misses all the time. At least give more healing while wielding GS to recoup some good chunk of HP since while doing one Grave digger you get hit 5 times or make it uninterruptable so you produce the hit even if cced like they made large slow weapons in Dark souls 3 viable.

@Vancho.8750 said:Well they removed the GS trait and added Soul Eater 10% bonus damage and healing in melee then they nerfed the healing, so the mid row is kinda garbage and you get soul eater for damage and that is it. Also GS hits for kitten all most of the time for all that cast time, nightfall is supposed to be defensive ability but people just kill you while it slowly ticks and does nothing, and even after the fix on grasping darkness it still misses all the time. At least give more healing while wielding GS to recoup some good chunk of HP since while doing one Grave digger you get hit 5 times or make it uninterruptable so you produce the hit even if cced like they made large slow weapons in Dark souls 3 viable.

Soul Eater is what I use in PvE, amazing sustain even if it doesnt work in shroud anymore, and makes it much easier to solo champions. But from what I recall it was because of shroud 4 that became an insane self heal move thanks to Soul eater.

Though they really need to give some love to main hand dagger. It should be a worthwhile alternative to GS if you think its too slow.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:Well they removed the GS trait and added Soul Eater 10% bonus damage and healing in melee then they nerfed the healing, so the mid row is kinda garbage and you get soul eater for damage and that is it. Also GS hits for kitten all most of the time for all that cast time, nightfall is supposed to be defensive ability but people just kill you while it slowly ticks and does nothing, and even after the fix on grasping darkness it still misses all the time. At least give more healing while wielding GS to recoup some good chunk of HP since while doing one Grave digger you get hit 5 times or make it uninterruptable so you produce the hit even if cced like they made large slow weapons in Dark souls 3 viable.

Soul Eater is what I use in PvE, amazing sustain even if it doesnt work in shroud anymore, and makes it much easier to solo champions. But from what I recall it was because of shroud 4 that became an insane self heal move thanks to Soul eater.

Though they really need to give some love to main hand dagger. It should be a worthwhile alternative to GS if you think its too slow.

Not just main hand dagger. off hand weapons as well, torch is fine, focus is ok for pvp modes, offhand dagger is way to slow or the effects aren't worth the cast time, as well as warhorn 5 bring completely useless.

For mainhand dagger I feel like they just need to remove the aftercasts of the autoatack

Focus 4 is ok for burst LF when youve axe up. But Focus 5 have its uses to boonstrip in fractals. Though I consider it unreliable as you kinda do not want to weaponswap for boonstrip alone. Corrupt Boon is far more useful in that regard and not locked behind a weaponswap.

Warhorn 4 is CC and Warhorn 5 is a speed bonus. But yeah, 5 does so little damage now that you have no discernible reason to ever cast it in combat anymore.

But I agree, I have a dagger offhand, Ive never had any reason to use it.

@ZDragon.3046 said:Reaper needs some QoL but not outrageous buffs like the OP suggested imo.Like for example how anet made reaper cost more life force per second than the standard shroud in exchange for stronger melee power but neglected to adjust the life force gain on associated reaper traits specifically.

Update shouts and the related traitYour soul is mineIncrease the life force gain slightly as a result of the reaper life force increase cost some time back.

Relentless OnslaughtRemove Quickness and replace attack speed increase (or to be technical cast time reduction) by 10 or 15 percentChilling VictoryIncrease life force gain on hitting chilled foes as result of the reaper life force increase cost.

Base reaperBase attack speed bumped up by about 20-25 percent. (or to be technical cast time reductions.)

Reaper is now faster with attacking at base but not quickness level fast.

Ideally quickness on RO is just acting as a bandaid to a issue that should have been dealt with a long time ago. Base reaper without it is virtually unplayable in 2019-2020 for the most part even if you use the deathly chill its likely that it only works because people are use to quickness reapers meaning they dodge skills too early (in other words its gimmicky). Considering anet is trying to deal with reducing boons in general its best they just remove the boon and solve the issue correctly at the base level instead of culling the quickness down to a point that makes reaper function clunky. Or makes it even easier to counter by say providing one short instance of quickness which will promptly be stripped the moment someone activates shroud.

This might be an unintended super buff to my combo with fb giving me quickness on top of the suggested buffed base attack speed making it be able to attack faster than ever before in team fights. Id take it! xD

I donno i just want gravedigger to guarantee it makes some kind of an impact when it hits like add 100% crit chance on it or a cc/condi on it.

@Cheeseball C.8395 said:

@ZDragon.3046 said:Reaper needs some QoL but not outrageous buffs like the OP suggested imo.Like for example how anet made reaper cost more life force per second than the standard shroud in exchange for stronger melee power but neglected to adjust the life force gain on associated reaper traits specifically.

Update shouts and the related trait
Your soul is mine
Increase the life force gain slightly as a result of the reaper life force increase cost some time back.

Relentless Onslaught
Remove Quickness and replace attack speed increase (or to be technical cast time reduction) by 10 or 15 percent
Chilling Victory
Increase life force gain on hitting chilled foes as result of the reaper life force increase cost.

Base reaper
Base attack speed bumped up by about 20-25 percent. (or to be technical cast time reductions.)

Ideally quickness on RO is just acting as a bandaid to a issue that should have been dealt with a long time ago. Base reaper without it is virtually unplayable in 2019-2020 for the most part even if you use the deathly chill its likely that it only works because people are use to quickness reapers meaning they dodge skills too early (in other words its gimmicky). Considering anet is trying to deal with reducing boons in general its best they just remove the boon and solve the issue correctly at the base level instead of culling the quickness down to a point that makes reaper function clunky. Or makes it even easier to counter by say providing one short instance of quickness which will promptly be stripped the moment someone activates shroud.

This might be an unintended super buff to my combo with fb giving me quickness on top of the suggested buffed base attack speed making it be able to attack faster than ever before in team fights. Id take it! xD

technically yes it would be a solo player nerf to attack speed but attack speed not being 2014 slow....and a buff to group content when you get the potent boon from an ally which is how the game should be.

I donno i just want gravedigger to guarantee it makes some kind of an impact when it hits like add 100% crit chance on it or a cc/condi on it.

Also no grave digger should not be changed unless they plan to remove its no cd under 50% function

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Your soul is mine
Increase the life force gain slightly as a result of the reaper life force increase cost some time back.

Relentless Onslaught
Remove Quickness and replace attack speed increase (or to be technical cast time reduction) by 10 or 15 percent
Chilling Victory
Increase life force gain on hitting chilled foes as result of the reaper life force increase cost.

Base reaper
Base attack speed bumped up by about 20-25 percent. (or to be technical cast time reductions.)

technically yes it would be a solo player nerf to attack speed but attack speed not being 2014 slow....and a buff to group content when you get the potent boon from an ally which is how the game should be.

If you had GS speed buff lets say you make it 15-20% faster and you get quickness that would be really sweet in pve, and probably contribute some dps as well to make it closer to everyone, but i'm not sure by how much. Of course you would also have to lose the quickness from shroud though. Maybe they can return some healing too from gs trait, not all of it but some.

@Axl.8924 said:

Your soul is mine

Relentless Onslaught
Chilling Victory

Base reaper

If you had GS speed buff lets say you make it 15-20% faster and you get quickness that would be really sweet in pve, and probably contribute some dps as well to make it closer to everyone, but i'm not sure by how much. Of course you would also have to lose the quickness from shroud though. Maybe they can return some healing too from gs trait, not all of it but some.

To be honest i dont think gs needs a speed increase just the shroud basic attacks and skills. Those need a base speed increase then the quickness boon can be removed from RO trait and reaper wouldnt feel so clunky without quickness.

I think GS damage for its attack speed is ok. Base reaper speed for its damage is kind of embarassing. IT would actually be lower than gs damage i think if without the effects of RO right now.

The shroud should still remain as the strongest part of core and reapers kits imo. It should feel like a power boost too use not be totally equal to when you are out of shroud and for that reason i dont think GS needs any kind of buffs damage wise i think someones suggestion for a DMC stinger dash attack on skill 3 would be cool but damage wise i dont think it needs anymore.

@ZDragon.3046 said:IT would actually be lower than gs damage i think if without the effects of RO right now.

GS auto:(1+1.3+1.7)/2.88 = 1.39

RS auto:(0.875+1.255+1.7)/2.37 = 1.61

The 180 power from the signet doesn't cover the 15% different in DPS especially due to the different of up to 600 ferocity as well.For all intents and purposes shroud is stronger that GS at a base level. Even skill for skill. Shroud is very strong.

Why are my proposed buffs outrageous? I can understand instant wurm could be problematic,that is true, but why a 1 sec evade frame on gs3 (which will still be worse than warrior gs3) is considered outrageous on probably the slowest class there is, when sword weaver has 2 evade skills with similar cd on earth and water excluding twist of fate and normal dodges, without even counting all the other defensive abilities it has, mirage having cloak and cool mobility, warrior with the passive sustains invus blocks and mobility, soulbeast etc etc. Why a slight increase in GS autos is outrageous? Or 2 secs reduced shroud cd? It's not a free iwinbutton, it needs resources unlike most other classes. Cause of the dmg? There are plenty of classes and specs with burst far superior than reaper and with the tools to disengage easy. I dont think an 8sec shroud, slighty faster gs auto with an evade on gs3 (half of reaper players dont even use gs) reaper is gonna nuke every current meta build out of orbit.

The things reaper has going for it, are the typical necro corrupts and aoe pressure if left alone. Scourge is deleted. Dont get me wrong, corrupts are useful and help a lot, but being a slow corrupt bot for so many years while the general gameplay turns faster and burstier every year is...boring to say the least.

If anything is outrageous, is the powercreep most of the other classes have atm. If they fix all that powercreep with the upcoming patch, then yes what I suggested is op. But how things stand now and for the past months, I dont think anything I said is op aside of wurm. And I also like the dash idea.

@Vicko.1204 said:Why are my proposed buffs outrageous? I can understand instant wurm could be problematic,that is true, but why a 1 sec evade frame on gs3 (which will still be worse than warrior gs3) is considered outrageous on probably the slowest class there is, when sword weaver has 2 evade skills with similar cd on earth and water excluding twist of fate and normal dodges, without even counting all the other defensive abilities it has, mirage having cloak and cool mobility, warrior with the passive sustains invus blocks and mobility, soulbeast etc etc. Why a slight increase in GS autos is outrageous? Or 2 secs reduced shroud cd? It's not a free iwinbutton, it needs resources unlike most other classes. Cause of the dmg? There are plenty of classes and specs with burst far superior than reaper and with the tools to disengage easy. I dont think an 8sec shroud, slighty faster gs auto with an evade on gs3 (half of reaper players dont even use gs) reaper is gonna nuke every current meta build out of orbit.

The things reaper has going for it, are the typical necro corrupts and aoe pressure if left alone. Scourge is deleted. Dont get me wrong, corrupts are useful and help a lot, but being a slow corrupt bot for so many years while the general gameplay turns faster and burstier every year is...boring to say the least.

If anything is outrageous, is the powercreep most of the other classes have atm. If they fix all that powercreep with the upcoming patch, then yes what I suggested is op. But how things stand now and for the past months, I dont think anything I said is op aside of wurm. And I also like the dash idea.

As i said before everything is fine on reaper except it needs 1 mobility skill on gs for better catching upto opponents or can be used to disengage and some sustain number buffs on some skills like warhorn and shout life leech etc. Infact the damage is too high on reaper. Everything is going to be nerfed in the upcoming patch so the necro sustain will increase. I can already see everyone flipping their shit when reaper damage is nerfed. Also Wurm is fine but it can see some buffs in cooldown and just a little bit on either the range or the cast time.