Guild Wars 3 might be a console title - open job position may indicate to that

Michram.6853

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more likely it would be a single player game set in the Guild Wars universe rather than a new MMORPG, the Guild Wars brand is unknown to console players, it would be good (for the game) to tap into that potential. Of course since it's UE4 it can perfectly run on PCs too. Whatever it is, it shouldn't be GW3, that would be a terrible move.

@maddoctor.2738 said:I think it's more likely it would be a single player game set in the Guild Wars universe rather than a new MMORPG, the Guild Wars brand is unknown to console players, it would be good (for the game) to tap into that potential. Of course since it's UE4 it can perfectly run on PCs too. Whatever it is, it shouldn't be GW3, that would be a terrible move.

Console exclusive is kind of a turnoff, the company has a pretty solid pc following, giving them a pc version would be nice.

@maddoctor.2738 said:I think it's more likely it would be a single player game set in the Guild Wars universe rather than a new MMORPG, the Guild Wars brand is unknown to console players, it would be good (for the game) to tap into that potential. Of course since it's UE4 it can perfectly run on PCs too. Whatever it is, it shouldn't be GW3, that would be a terrible move.

A SP title with KoTOR/Dragon Age-like gameplay mechanics would make a lot of sense given GW's story always centering around a group of characters. I'd buy it in a hearbeat.

But the difference is I have a source, and it's not a baseless speculation. Anet itself gives a clue towards a project itself as if it wasn't kept in secret anymore.It almost looks like they are sure about this console title if it's in the public and even the players already know such project exists.They want to hire people experienced in Unreal Engine 4.

Some other job positions had a note that Anet wants to make games on other platforms. There is no coincidence.

So, they didn't learned their lesson in the first place? Well well welll...Last time,half of their devs have left, now what will happen when they will blow all the monies? Shut down of Anet? It seems so...When you are doing twice, the same mistake, and almost costed the whole company, and you try again...LUL LUL LUL

@SidewayS.3789 said:So, they didn't learned their lesson in the first place? Well well welll...Last time,half of their devs have left, now what will happen when they will blow all the monies? Shut down of Anet? It seems so...When you are doing twice, the same mistake, and almost costed the whole company, and you try again...LUL LUL LUL

except Ncsoft recently invested a lot of money in Ncsoft West recently.

@zealex.9410 said:If its gonna be console exclusive then thats a bold move esp if its online. I wonder if they tryna get some exclusivity deal with any major console maker.

Yep i'd be out on that alone.Im not paying a monthly subscription fee to use basic features I get free on PC just because some companies become greedy and predatory.These PConsoles are such a disappointment.. if everything is going multiplatform then there is literally no point in owning them.

@JackassTheX.6351 said:

A SP title with KoTOR/Dragon Age-like gameplay mechanics would make a lot of sense given GW's story always centering around a group of characters. I'd buy it in a hearbeat.

One can dream. GW1 team building was spot on, the 7-hero update was an incredible change that definitely improved the game since player participation was dwindling. If they actually went full hog with that, I'd be a happy camper.

@JackassTheX.6351 said:

I wouldn't mind that, actually. I think with polishing, GW's lore can make for a compelling enough SP narrative, and plus there's many, many loose ends in GW2's story that could feed into some sort of story drive. Too bad it's probably going to be a long time before we hear any news about this game though.