A little wish for balancing to come.

Ruddy.3416

Mode " christmas wish " :

Dear Anet, can you change "You Are All Weaklings!" ; instead of gaining might, gain stability. And vice versa for "Chilled to the Bone!"

A small change for you, a big change for those who love the reaper.Cordially. <3

I cross my fingers to make it work :p

Doesn't make sense because

• reaper is already the necro spec with the highest stability access and does not need more of it and
  • such a change would buff YAAW! to an elite slot worthy skill and nerf CttB! to a not elite slot worthy skill

In short: that change would mess up stuff, fix nothing and kill the only good elite skill the necro class has.

If there is one balanced attempt to give necro more stability without causing problems it would be the introduction of an elite well that pulses stability for 5 seconds. It would help core necro to avoid being a punching bag on the capture point but would also have drawbacks since it limits the area of effect and could turn into a chain fear if it is countered by corrupts.

@KrHome.1920 said:Doesn't make sense because

• reaper is already the necro spec with the highest stability access and does not need more of it and
  • such a change would buff YAAW! to an elite slot worthy skill and nerf CttB! to a not elite slot worthy skill

In short: that change would mess up stuff, fix nothing and kill the only good elite skill the necro class has.

If there is one balanced attempt to give necro more stability without causing problems it would be the introduction of an elite well that pulses stability for 5 seconds. It would help core necro to avoid being a punching bag on the capture point but would also have drawbacks since it limits the area of effect and could turn into a chain fear if it is countered by corrupts.

I got this idea while reading your comment, and I don't necessarily think it's a great one, but it sounds interesting to me:

Foot In The Grave:Gain Stability ( x1, 3s ) and break stuns when entering Shroud. Gain Stability when Fearing a foe ( x1, 3s, no ICD ).

Then find a way that only core necro can use it effectively since core needs the most help.

@Axl.8924 said:

Then find a way that only core necro can use it effectively since core needs the most help.

Make core shroud have a stability skill like reaper. the fear one would work fine.

@miguelsil.6324 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Make core shroud have a stability skill like reaper. the fear one would work fine.

Necro already has multiple stability sources, you're just choosing to use different builds and making those builds stronger by adding more utility on top of them wouldn't exactly be reasonable.

• Confused 1

@KrHome.1920 said:

thats not worth a elite or utility slot imo i mean good to hear your ideas though.

Core is super picky about its utility because its so lackluster at base it depends on utility to make up for alot of things thats not built into its traits or weapon skills. I wouldnt take a well that pulsed stab for the simple fact that people would ignore it and still cc you anyways. pulsing 1 stack of stab is not enough to prevent you from being pin pong balled around a point. many professions can multi cc you in a short enough time frame to make that not matter. Or they just choose to disengage while the well is active and now you have to chase which means you leave the well to continue or you stand there like a fool. This also wont change the fact that you will still be focused first and against multiple people you will be a ping pong ball regardless. total waste of a slot to run your idea. Would rather keep CttB which has potential of at least providing more than 1 stack which does work in preventing you from being ping ponged so long as its not stripped. Also no chance for chain fears.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Necro already has multiple stability sources, you're just choosing to use different builds and making those builds stronger by adding more utility on top of them wouldn't exactly be reasonable.

necro stab is very limited and the majority are on reaper if you didn't know. Core necro needs better defenses because as of now, classes like ranger thief guard and warr just eat you. Reaper has multiple stab sources available, but core necro as is is not ok and is actually infuriating to play. If you don't get anyone to guard you, you will get farmed and there is nothing you can do. If you get focused, you are dead, and it, because the other classes have been power, crept Warr has free 1 hit ko bursts with their leaps and sustain doing insane easy 1 hit kills. Guardians never die because they are god mode basically with a firebrand, and soulbeast is a ranged 1 shot build with an insane amount of sustain mobility combined with insane power crept damage.

Core necro as is, cannot hold up unless other classes take nerfs. Choices are fix carapace to help necro survive with core, and or nerf other classes down to bearable levels in cc dmg and mobility. This includes stuff where a class can stealth teleport to you and 1 shot you. 1 shot you from 1200+ range spam of teleports around with big aoe hits with unblockable and massive hard CC spam.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

necro stab is very limited and the majority are on reaper if you didn't know

I didn't know and I still don't, because that's a lie.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Some of those aren't taken i don't particularly use lich form for instance long cd far from effective, reaper has 1 in shroud (foot in the grave) which is easily accessible every 10 seconds 1 from shout freeze Infusing Terror. This is from the reaper elite only.

Trails is from scourge only.

Well of power is one possible source for the core which is likely to take the other is a charge from golem and third is from lich, which I don't take.

lich form is 150 seconds for one stab, which is almost 2 mins just to use 1 stab. Well of power can be done 40 seconds charge 40 seconds.

I tend to take 1 stab at most because i like having wurm or at the very least spectral walk for both a teleport and cc cleanse in 1 to avoid dying to certain classes who love to hard cc and do from stealth(thief) but pretty much most classes hard cc you in close range anyways, and necro is limited, so that leaves 2 choices, hence why core necro is the one with problems. I honestly don't even like using lich mode its such a huge cd. I'd rather use core necro shroud.

Honestly, I'd just eliminate lich mode I don't get the point of it since its 180 sec. I never see anyone use it for the abilities.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Some of those aren't taken i don't particularly use lich form for instance long cd far from effective, reaper has 1 in shroud (foot in the grave) which is easily accessible every 10 seconds 1 from shout freeze Infusing Terror. This is from the reaper elite only.

You said that majority of stab is on reaper (with a cheeky "if you didn't know" btw) and that's just false."Some of those aren't taken" doesn't negate their existance and possibility of picking in base necro. Also I already commented on that in the post you've previously answered to:

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

I didn't know and I still don't, because that's a lie.I tend to take 1 stab at most because i like having wurm or at the very least spectral walk for both a teleport and cc cleanse in 1

Ok, but that's just your choice. You see 2 skills that do 2 different things, you weight their value, consider which one would be more useful for you in "x" situation and then you make your choice. Which is the whole point of having much more skills/traits than we can use. As said above, that's not an argument for overloading one skill to do everything other skills can already do. That's not balancing, that's power creeping.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

You said that majority of stab is on reaper (with a cheeky "if you didn't know" btw) and that's just false."Some of those aren't taken" doesn't negate their existance and possibility of picking in base necro. Also
I already commented on that in the post you've previously answered to
:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

I didn't know and I still don't, because that's a lie.I tend to take 1 stab at most because i like having wurm or at the very least spectral walk for both a teleport and cc cleanse in 1

Ok, but that's just your choice. You see 2 skills that do 2 different things, you weight their value, consider which one would be more useful for you in "x" situation and then you make your choice. Which is the whole point of having much more skills/traits than we can use. As said above, that's not an argument for overloading one skill to do everything other skills can already do. That's not balancing, that's power creeping.

That doesn't negate the fact that core necro suffers due to having trouble with dealing with mobile hard-hitting enemies who spam cc due to limitation of stab because of either extremely long cds. Seriously play a necro and you will see how hard we get conned by classes to the point where we have no chance, such as dealing with rangers soulbeast type pu mesmers, warriors firebrand guardians.

Reapers being better doesn't negate the fact that core necro hurts.

The fact hard counters exist to the point where you have almost no to no chance to win is a test ament of how bad ANET is at balancing.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

You said that majority of stab is on reaper (with a cheeky "if you didn't know" btw) and that's just false."Some of those aren't taken" doesn't negate their existance and possibility of picking in base necro. Also
:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

That doesn't negate the fact that core necro suffers due to having trouble with dealing with mobile hard-hitting enemies who spam cc due to limitation of stab because of either extremely long cds. Seriously play a necro and you will see how hard we get conned by classes to the point where we have no chance, such as dealing with rangers soulbeast type pu mesmers, warriors firebrand guardians.

The fact hard counters exist to the point where you have almost no to no chance to win is a test ament of how bad ANET is at balancing.

I don't think "limited stab" is unintended. In fact if it was unintended, then why even have cc when you could stab through everything? You value stab more than "something else"? Then pick traits and skill for stab. You choose not to and then you want to add stab to the build/skills you already prefer using over the stab-granting ones.

Also I like the assumption that I don't play necro xd

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

I don't think "limited stab" is unintended. In fact if it was unintended, then why even have cc. You value stab more than "something else"? Then pick traits and skill for stab. You choose not to and then you want to add stab to the build/skills you already prefer using over the stab-granting ones.

It's not unintended but core is too easy to kill, and fun factor is important. its a problem of core either core being too easy to kill or cc spam too rampant.

Having either no chance or almost no chance against a player unless they suck design-wise.

Seriously play core necro its a joke necros are literally easiest class to kill.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

I don't think "limited stab" is unintended. In fact if it was unintended, then why even have cc. You value stab more than "something else"? Then pick traits and skill for stab. You choose not to and then you want to add stab to the build/skills you already prefer using over the stab-granting ones.

It's not unintended but core is too easy to kill, and fun factor is important. its a problem of core either core being too easy to kill or cc spam too rampant.

Having either no chance or almost no chance against a player unless they suck design-wise.

Seriously play core necro its a joke necros are literally easiest class to kill.

Cool, still not a reason to overload skills with stability, especially when you already have multiple ways of getting it.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Cool, still not a reason to overload skills with stability, especially when you already have multiple ways of getting it.

The idea of shroud giving stab doesn't hurt you it helps only core that's the whole point, so reaper doesn't benefit.

The whole point is that core gets the help needed to survive. Necromancers need to be babysat in SPVP and even then their defenses are so legendarily fragile that others can destroy us in core, and they got sustain plus dmg superior to ours, so why can' t we be good?

If needed they can delete lich and keep the stab in shroud just like in reaper so it prevents being overpowered look at engineer core was nerfed because it effected possibly the holo with elixir S with invuln and it was ridiculously overpowered with prot spam invuln mobility.

When core is weak but the elite is ok then you don't want to buff the elite, and giving them in shroud in core only with core necro makes it a viable choice.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Let me make this easy for you to understand. There is no case in this game where lich form is better than any other ability for stability, nor is well of power.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

@Axl.8924 said:

Let me make this easy for you to understand. There is no case in this game where lich form is better than any other ability for stability, nor is well of power.

Great. How does it change what I said?

• Confused 1

some classes dont get any stab and dont complain lol.core necro is NOT easy to kill, you just have to be more mindfull of your oponents then on most others.fear,cripple,weakness and corrupts + large HP pool. and being able to detter people from following you due to staff marks and hard hitters that go throught walls have to be used properly to survive as necro, other classes have it more straightforward. Core necro can slot stunremove on shroud very easy, reaper for example can have 2 sources of stab AND 2 stun removing tools. I usually have no stab and 1 stun removing tool on mes.Its not worse or better, its different.Mirage can dodge while CCed or dodge the cc due to more invuln.Necro can get some stab/more stun removing tools and can afford to tank some hits.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:some classes dont get any stab and dont complain lol.core necro is NOT easy to kill, you just have to be more mindfull of your oponents then on most others.fear,cripple,weakness and corrupts + large HP pool. and being able to detter people from following you due to staff marks and hard hitters that go throught walls have to be used properly to survive as necro, other classes have it more straightforward. Core necro can slot stunremove on shroud very easy, reaper for example can have 2 sources of stab AND 2 stun removing tools. I usually have no stab and 1 stun removing tool on mes.Its not worse or better, its different.Mirage can dodge while CCed or dodge the cc due to more invuln.Necro can get some stab/more stun removing tools and can afford to tank some hits.

I'm going to quote dadnir.

While I agree with you that the necromancer has easy access to stab (when built for it) and overall a balanced amount of stab sources, the fact is that other professions have more way to prevent incoming hard CC (instant mobility, aegis, block, invulnerability, evade skills, extra dodge). Which means that there is an imbalance between the necromancer and other professions regarding the ability to face hard CC.Players plainly ask for more stability because they just find that they are weaker than others against hard CC. And, no, the necromancer isn't tankier than other professions. Its base survivability may be higher but at the same time it's potential survivability is rock bottom. If the necromancer really was tankier than other professions, the sPvP subforum would have been filled to the brim with threads asking to nerf its survivability, which is not the case.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Yes, necro only have the shroud. When that is gone you are a sitting duck.

as any other proffesion? mesmer only has evades, when they are gone they are sitting ducks!

@Axl.8924 as I said before, necro can facetank CC way more then alot of other classes, expecially when you corrupt might/fury of your oponents beforehand, so that when you DO get stunned you dont get much dmage, and when you do you still have shround to take the most of it.