Where's the official response to the download/launcher being utterly broken issue?

There is no easy fix!The patch offered with the given link is only valid for those who were blocked with a game that was not already installed and had a 35% blockage.It will not work for all cases

To make it clear to me, we must differentiate between the following cases:

1. The game was already present but logged in every day and made all the updates.
  2. The game was already present but they hadn't launched the game for a while (they didn't make the previous update to the one of this Tuesday).
  3. The game was not already present (first installation).

Personal hypotheses and findings (don't tell me I'm fundamentally wrong, I'm not saying I'm providing the one and only hypothesis, I'm just basing myself on my extensive and long lasting knowledge of how this game works).

Case 1The majority have no worries, they didn't even notice that some players had worries, rare are those who have a problem in this case.

Case 2Here is already a game of players who can no longer start the game, but others can. This can be explained either by when they had their last connection and update (I don't mean update with patchnote, but just modification of server assets etc). Or because they are not in the same region and are not connected to the same regional data center (this is not limited to US/EUR/etc but really to which data center they are connected to at AmazonAWS).

Case 3Almost 100% of these players are blocked, but again, those blocked players should be able to give their geographical location in order to know to which data center they are connected and this could allow for example to know if it only affects a data center that would have corrupted data and only for him or to know other information.

At the moment the messages are similar and some people are annoyed that ArenaNet doesn't give any real information or feedback about these problems but there was a period of vacancy where there was hardly anyone in charge of this at ArenaNet and maybe even less to control how things are going on the AmazonAWS servers.

It's also possible that a micro fix was pushed on the servers shortly after the 0day update, which has a bug in it. But then you need to get logs back, very precise information and not just "it doesn't work, and a magic link to put on the command line.

For my analysis case I try to make several attempts to insazllation the game to see if it happens the same way or not.

Here is what I try to do:

1. New installation, on a system that never had the game
  2. Update existing files on Windows 10
  3. Updating Existing Files on a Virtual Machine

And currently, I've never been able to get a game that launches, currently here's what I get:

• For cases where the game was already present, the client opens without any update indication, but the game window doesn't display, and a log provides the following information:00000825: Perf: Build 10149400000825: Perf: 2020-01-23T02:05:09Z00000825: Perf: Platform 100000837: Perf: Archive has version 1 header00001207: Perf: Archive has version 1 header00001984: Perf: Deleted 0 old files.00004238: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 4072 | 17096 02:05:12.276432 [4072:17096:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(528)] Failed to load ...\bin64\ui_resources_100_percent.pakSome features may not be available.00004238: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 4072 | 17096 02:05:12.277431 [4072:17096:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(252)] locale_file_path.empty()00004546: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 4072 | 11596 02:05:12.735625 [12084:9032:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(528)] Failed to load ...\bin64\ui_resources_100_percent.pakSome features may not be available.00004546: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 4072 | 11596 02:05:12.735625 [12084:9032:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(252)] locale_file_path.empty()

• For all new installations, the client freezes at 49100 downloaded files, and alternates between receive and pause passes, the received data total displayed in the client indicates false values because they consider the reception attempts as received data when they are not, so after 45 min, I have a 41 GB DAT file and the client indicates 55 GB downloaded!

@"ReActif.9251" said:There is no easy fix!The patch offered with the given link is only valid for those who were blocked with a game that was not already installed and had a 35% blockage.It will not work for all cases

To make it clear to me, we must differentiate between the following cases:

1. The game was already present but logged in every day and made all the updates.
  2. The game was already present but they hadn't launched the game for a while (they didn't make the previous update to the one of this Tuesday).
  3. The game was not already present (first installation).

Personal hypotheses and findings (don't tell me I'm fundamentally wrong, I'm not saying I'm providing the one and only hypothesis, I'm just basing myself on my extensive and long lasting knowledge of how this game works).

Case 1The majority have no worries, they didn't even notice that some players had worries, rare are those who have a problem in this case.

Case 2Here is already a game of players who can no longer start the game, but others can. This can be explained either by when they had their last connection and update (I don't mean update with patchnote, but just modification of server assets etc). Or because they are not in the same region and are not connected to the same regional data center (this is not limited to US/EUR/etc but really to which data center they are connected to at AmazonAWS).

Case 3Almost 100% of these players are blocked, but again, those blocked players should be able to give their geographical location in order to know to which data center they are connected and this could allow for example to know if it only affects a data center that would have corrupted data and only for him or to know other information.

At the moment the messages are similar and some people are annoyed that ArenaNet doesn't give any real information or feedback about these problems but there was a period of vacancy where there was hardly anyone in charge of this at ArenaNet and maybe even less to control how things are going on the AmazonAWS servers.

It's also possible that a micro fix was pushed on the servers shortly after the 0day update, which has a bug in it. But then you need to get logs back, very precise information and not just "it doesn't work, and a magic link to put on the command line.

For my analysis case I try to make several attempts to insazllation the game to see if it happens the same way or not.

Here is what I try to do:

1. New installation, on a system that never had the game
  2. Update existing files on Windows 10
  3. Updating Existing Files on a Virtual Machine
  • For all new installations, the client freezes at 49100 downloaded files, and alternates between receive and pause passes, the received data total displayed in the client indicates false values because they consider the reception attempts as received data when they are not, so after 45 min, I have a 41 GB DAT file and the client indicates 55 GB downloaded!

I had case 3 I'm completely new to game and couldn't download it would get stuck at ~49000 files I'm from eastern Eu and I tried multiple EU asset servers and those didn't work but switching to NA asset server fixed the issue

I used -assetsrv 52.202.5.88 and this worked (it's one of two NA assesteserver adress the other one is 54.84.216.160)you can also use -assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com this should work even if they change IP of asset servers

for all new players that have this issue read this https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1140516/#Comment_1140516 to how to switch asset server

@"ReActif.9251" said:And currently, I've never been able to get a game that launches, currently here's what I get:

00000825: Perf: Build 10149400000825: Perf: 2020-01-23T02:05:09Z00000825: Perf: Platform 100000837: Perf: Archive has version 1 header00001207: Perf: Archive has version 1 header00001984: Perf: Deleted 0 old files.00004238: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 4072 | 17096 02:05:12.276432 [4072:17096:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(528)] Failed to load ...\bin64\ui_resources_100_percent.pakSome features may not be available.00004238: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 4072 | 17096 02:05:12.277431 [4072:17096:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(252)] locale_file_path.empty()00004546: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 4072 | 11596 02:05:12.735625 [12084:9032:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(528)] Failed to load ...\bin64\ui_resources_100_percent.pakSome features may not be available.00004546: Debug: Coherent Warning: PID: 4072 | 11596 02:05:12.735625 [12084:9032:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(252)] locale_file_path.empty()

This is only the beginning of the file. You have to let it sit for a few minutes, then exit to actually have it save. If you did do that, then it's showing there were no errors - it was either stuck connecting, downloading very slowly or an infinite amount. If you'd like a better -log option, skip to the end (Windows only).

I'm having really a bad time redownloading the game again, I can play it, but it never finished the download i'm stuck here with this endless download of 40+ thousands file that never ends. The game already occupy like 40+ gb of space on hard drive. And I've been leaving the launcher on download for hours to the point where just by looking at the sheer amount in MB it told me it downloaded, I should have the full game already(I left the launcher in download for 3+ hours three times and it got to saying it downloaded like 13k MB which like almost the entire amount it downloaded for full game). What is going on? How can fix it? And to add to this sometimes the download speed drops to few kB out of nowhere just to ramp up again, mind you that my connection is fine (tested multiple times, to verify it wasn't the problem)https://imgur.com/gJEjkrb

@"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:I'm having really a bad time redownloading the game again, I can play it, but it never finished the download i'm stuck here with this endless download of 40+ thousands file that never ends. The game already occupy like 40+ gb of space on hard drive. And I've been leaving the launcher on download for hours to the point where just by looking at the sheer amount in MB it told me it downloaded, I should have the full game already(I left the launcher in download for 3+ hours three times and it got to saying it downloaded like 13k MB which like almost the entire amount it downloaded for full game). What is going on? How can fix it? And to add to this sometimes the download speed drops to few kB out of nowhere just to ramp up again, mind you that my connection is fine (tested multiple times, to verify it wasn't the problem)https://imgur.com/gJEjkrb

You can find possible solutions in this, and the other threads on this issue. (Usually the Command Line Argument works.)

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to report that the solution supplied by > @Healix.5819 said:

@"Wolf.2596" said:Nothing anyone has suggested has worked for me.

Launch GW2, confirm it's stuck, then exit and launch with:

-log -image -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 -patchconnections 1

(see
for how to launch from the terminal)

If it's not stuck, let it download a few files, then exit and launch normally; repeat if necessary.

If it's stuck, let it download for about 5 minutes, then exit. Post Gw2.log (~/Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log)

If you have an alternative connection, also try that. For example, if you're using wireless, try wired, or connecting through another device or a VPN.

Has fixed the same issue I was having :)

A friend of mine is using mac and from what he's describing whenever he launches the client it tries to download a bunch of new stuff, right now it wants to download hundreds of thousands of files, when he was able to play fine yesterday. Anyone got any idea what might be going on with this? Since I'm not a mac user and he lives thousands of miles away I can't really offer him much help.

I had to uninstall the game and I'm having the same issue. I'm reading another topics looking for a solution but I don't understand a word when ppl start using techincal terms... Anet please do something soon!

Edit: I got it solved. All I had to do was: right click on Launcher Icon > features > where you saved the game (my case: "D:\Guild Wars 2\Guild Wars 2\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" just add a space and -assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com so it will look like this ("D:\Guild Wars 2\Guild Wars 2\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com)

Just want to say Mannah.4012 solution worked for me. The game downloaded to the playable section then every time a ran the launcher it would say it was downloading data (MB) but the % would not move and the file number would reduce be only a few, also after 20mins or so it would just stop downloading all together. using the assertsvr command line to force the origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com server fixed the problem.

However i'm unsure why the default server causes this issue and must agree with the OP in some respect that i'd of thought Areanet would of addressed the issue/comment on the work around

Also wanted to say that Mannah.4012 's solution worked for me.Before I would get an endless download that went to a number of MB so large the number no longer fit on the installer and that didn't move the bar at all even overnight (remaining at 0%). Restarting the installer resulted in no change to the remaining files to download just a reset in the amount of data downloaded.

Just glad it's actually downloading now, thanks Mannah.4012.

• 1 month later...

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Theres some support around as I have seen ppl with the 35% download issue that got fixed. Below a reddit reply from a support ticket with someone with this issue on Windows.

First of all make sure you run the game/client as admin and disable any security software (virus scanner and firewall). I have had games that made corrupted files or deleted files over and over while installing, downloading and patching due to my security software.

For the rest...

1. Open your control panel.
  2. Click the "network and internet" option, then "network and sharing center".
  3. On the left side of this window, click "change adapter settings".
  4. Right-click the connectio you are using and select "properties".
  5. In the next window, uncheck the box next to "QoS Packet Scheduler" and amke sure "Internet Protocol Veriosn 6 (TCP / IPv6)" is enabled by checking the box. If IPv6 is already enabled, go ahead and leave it checked.
  6. Click "Ok" to save your changes.
  7. Now restart your internet connection or restart your computer.
  8. Start the Guild Wars 2 launcher and allow the download to complete.

If this issue persists after making the changes above, please also try the following:

1. Right-click the Guild Wars 2 shortcut.
  2. Go to Properties.
  3. In the target field, add the following after the last quotation mark -assetsrv 3.222.198.66
  4. The full target should look something like this (note the space after the quote) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -assetsrv 3.222.198.66
  5. Click Apply and try loading the game.

Sidenotes:

• This was for windows, assumibly windows 10 so the steps may be a little different on a windows 7 pc, so look for similar options in the control panel steps.
  • I don't know if the poster on reddit plays in EU or NA region so the Assetsrv ip may not be correct for you.
  • The Assetsrv ip can change over time, to look up the most recent one (and most near you) open your Command Prompt in Windows and type:nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 1.1.1.1. Hit enter. You should see a couple of IP adresses pop up. Pick one of them as assetsrv ip.

I am not super tech savvy so I hope the bit about the Assetsrv I mention is correct :P

I just returned to the game recently and i ran into this problem, i did the QoS uncheck and after restarting both PC and internet router the launcher finally be able to download the rest, thank you so much ♥

• 5 months later...

@Healix.5819 said:

show previous quotesLaunch GW2, confirm it's stuck, then exit and launch with:

-log -image -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 -patchconnections 1

(see the wiki for how to launch from the terminal)

If it's not stuck, let it download a few files, then exit and launch normally; repeat if necessary.

If it's stuck, let it download for about 5 minutes, then exit. Post Gw2.log (~/Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log)

If you have an alternative connection, also try that. For example, if you're using wireless, try wired, or connecting through another device or a VPN.

This just worked for me so far. I'll update if I get the download completed.